• 481 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

On the event that Stamkos is unavailable for the Olympics, who do you think gets the call to replace him?

Not even Canada can replace a guy like him but my guess would be Lupul.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Here's the gif of the collision:

http://twitpic.com/dkwvmt

Vid is up at nhl.com. He looked MISERABLE on the ice. Hope his season isn't over...

I honestly cannot describe the pain I felt by watching that. I thought well it's just a gif. Not the whole video...obviously it ended up being worse.

Edited by 13dangledangle, 11 November 2013 - 11:51 PM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

I feel bad for Stamkos and Tampa, but am I the only one thinking to himself, "f*ck team Canada"?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#25 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I honestly cannot describe the pain I felt by watching that. I thought well it's just a gif. Not the whole video...obviously it ended up being worse.

Any MMA fans here? All I could think of is the Corey Hill leg break...thank god Stammer was socked and taped up so we didn't have to see it. *shivers*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#26 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Unfortunate for the nhl Canada and the lightning, but freak injuries happen. Here's to a speedy recovery stamkos!
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#27 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

He's gotta be out for 4-6 months...

#28 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

That's a ba

He's gotta be out for 4-6 months...

Most likely a compound fracture, he's done for the season. Unfortunate and untimely.

I feel bad for Stamkos and Tampa, but am I the only one thinking to himself, "f*ck team Canada"?

Now perhaps Steve Yzerman can find the time to watch the Winter Classic from the recovery room...

Edited by WingsAlways, 12 November 2013 - 01:53 AM.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#29 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hits me right in the fantasy team.. the rest of "Little Honey tootoo" needs to step up :P

In all seriousness tho, hoping for a quick recovery for anyone who goes thru that kind of crash. Poor guy, hope he's okay long term.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#30 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Any MMA fans here? All I could think of is the Corey Hill leg break...thank god Stammer was socked and taped up so we didn't have to see it. *shivers*

I remember watching that fight. I had to turn away from the TV, not a fan of the "able to see leg bones" injuries. Reminds me a bit when Mir snapped Big Nog's arm with a brutal armbar.

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

I remember watching that fight. I had to turn away from the TV, not a fan of the "able to see leg bones" injuries. Reminds me a bit when Mir snapped Big Nog's arm with a brutal armbar.

Or that awful college basketball break last season..? That one was tough to see to say the least

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

That's a ba

Most likely a compound fracture, he's done for the season. Unfortunate and untimely.

Now perhaps Steve Yzerman can find the time to watch the Winter Classic from the recovery room...

I'm sure Stevie can relate from sliding into the post and getting an injury.  At least for Stamkos the net came off its moorings.  Hopefully his injury will heal a lot better than Yzerman's did.

#33 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

He had successful surgery today to have a metal rod inserted.  

According to Bob Mckenzie he is not ruled out of the Olympics as 3 months is the optimistic recovery time and Olympic hockey doesn't start for over 90 days.

It's all going to depend on how the recovery goes and whether Yzerman/Stamkos want to risk his health as well as Tampa's chances post-Olympics.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#34 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

That was another nasty one. I'm bummed that the guys I grew up watching are well past their hayday now, I really can't get into the new crop of fighters and don't really watch a lot of fights anymore as a result.

But on topic, it's injuries like this that make me glad hockey players are in full unis!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#35 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I have seen a lot of gruesome things being an EMT, but breaks just get to me. I saw this and just immediately felt bad. The look on his face just said it all.

I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#36 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:04 AM

Not a hockey player, but I was a big fan of Joe Theismann.  I remember that break like it was yesterday.  Hopefully Stamkos can recover and go on to the career he deserves.

#37 rbochan

rbochan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

"Due to the injury to Steven Stamkos, Patrick Kaleta has been suspended 10 games."

...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.

#38 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

From NHL:

Steven Stamkos walked into the media room in the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Monday, and he did it without crutches, without a cast or a walking boot, and with only a barely perceptible limp.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#39 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

From Tampa Bay Times

Steven Stamkos finally has a firm date in mind to play: Saturday at home against the Red Wings.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#40 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

Wants to prove to Babs that he's good to go?