• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Stamkos breaks leg in Boston this afternoon

Rate this topic

That's a ba

He's gotta be out for 4-6 months...

Most likely a compound fracture, he's done for the season. Unfortunate and untimely.

I feel bad for Stamkos and Tampa, but am I the only one thinking to himself, "f*ck team Canada"?

Now perhaps Steve Yzerman can find the time to watch the Winter Classic from the recovery room...

Edited by WingsAlways

Any MMA fans here? All I could think of is the Corey Hill leg break...thank god Stammer was socked and taped up so we didn't have to see it. *shivers*

I remember watching that fight. I had to turn away from the TV, not a fan of the "able to see leg bones" injuries. Reminds me a bit when Mir snapped Big Nog's arm with a brutal armbar.

I remember watching that fight. I had to turn away from the TV, not a fan of the "able to see leg bones" injuries. Reminds me a bit when Mir snapped Big Nog's arm with a brutal armbar.

Or that awful college basketball break last season..? That one was tough to see to say the least

That's a ba

Most likely a compound fracture, he's done for the season. Unfortunate and untimely.

Now perhaps Steve Yzerman can find the time to watch the Winter Classic from the recovery room...

I'm sure Stevie can relate from sliding into the post and getting an injury. At least for Stamkos the net came off its moorings. Hopefully his injury will heal a lot better than Yzerman's did.

He had successful surgery today to have a metal rod inserted.

According to Bob Mckenzie he is not ruled out of the Olympics as 3 months is the optimistic recovery time and Olympic hockey doesn't start for over 90 days.

It's all going to depend on how the recovery goes and whether Yzerman/Stamkos want to risk his health as well as Tampa's chances post-Olympics.

That was another nasty one. I'm bummed that the guys I grew up watching are well past their hayday now, I really can't get into the new crop of fighters and don't really watch a lot of fights anymore as a result.

But on topic, it's injuries like this that make me glad hockey players are in full unis!

Saw this was bumped but I'd forgotten it was against the Bruins that he broke his leg so for a second or two I'd thought he'd broken his leg again but then I put it together.

He'll score 16 goals against us to make up for lost time.

Just did the same thing, maybe someone can change the title if this thread is going to be kept alive.