• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT : Jets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guys, all these losses are being staged in order to make the HBO show more exciting.

:rap:

Babs will dramatically pull the team together by sheer will and coaching skill, much to the delight of the HBO producers.

Am I drunk, or did you just equate Weiss returning to an improvement in our depth?

Even with Weiss' struggles, the Wings really need him back down the middle. I thought he was improving too before the injury. Helm is out of his element above the third line. Adding Nyquist to the second line would help Weiss out too. While I agree the Red Wings depth at forward is weak right now, Weiss is crucial to this team going forward. I'm pretty much done holding out hope Franzen will become productive, but Weiss with Nyquist and Alfredsson could work well.

Regardless, there are too many spare parts and bottom-six forwards that provide nothing unique on this roster. Plus Babs benches offensive threats like Tatar to play Drew Miller in a tie game.

Edited by GoWings1905

ha i actually thought about this already

Evander Kane was scratched on the night the Jets destroyed us. David Clarkson missed the first ten games, nearly all of which the Leafs won. There are more examples but I can't remember them right now - the point is, sometimes less can be more.

Regardless, there are too many spare parts and bottom-six forwards that provide nothing unique on this roster. Plus Babs benches offensive threats like Tatar to play Drew Miller in a tie game.

I fear Babs is senile.

Seriously what would it hurt at this point to give a healthy scratch to Bert, Franzen, Cleary, all on the same night and let 3 young'uns play?

Might let them know their jobs aren't 100% safe and they play better next time after getting message sent.

Because Bertuzzi is playing good and we don't have the roster or cap space to call up two more "young'uns"?

Kenny is full of s***.

Wouldn't say that but I'm starting to want Chiarelli or Stevo Y more and more as his hopefully soon successor.

Kenny is a mastermind and all that but I think he lacks the passion and fire to lead this team to be the class of the NHL again. Those are the damn DetroitRedWings use the power and wealth of this franchise in order to get things done and stop overpaying for veterans, if a guy like Pietro is RFA offersheet him the worst thing that can happen, is the other teams are going to match it so what? Just try it, the defense isn't good enough but at least young and therefore learning but the offense safe for the only two stars on this team is garbage.

Edited by frankgrimes

Not even mad if the DetroitRedWings can't even win against bottom feeders at home(!) things aren't exactly looking good. Kenny said he is giving himself 20 games to see, where the roster is...well GM you have your work cut out for you and not a lot of cap to work with.Pasha was absolutely gassed why not bring him later in the shootout?Free up Nyquist ..if only this team had a goalscorer oh wait there was a guy named Brunner too bad he is under 30...

Right, Brunner is doing soooooo well...

Guest RyaN_84

Seeing Phoenix ranked #4 in the NHL makes me want to punch myself in the face.

i thought with phxs OT win tonight that they jumped over chicago to be 3rd in the NHL but chicago has a game in hand over phx so they are still 4th.

tough loss tonight. somethings gotta give. enough with these 1 point loses. wings need wins!!!

eventually its gonna come back and bite them in the @$$

Edited by RyaN_84

Get Weiss back, call up nyquist and go with.. Z-d-Bert, nyquist-Weiss-alfy, mule-helm-Tatar, Abby- Anderson- miller.

This would be a good group of forwards. if Kenny and babs heads weren't so far up there a** maybe we would see it.

This is the lineup id kill for. but we'd have to move eaves or sammy somehow.

The crazy thing is even with all these losses the Wings have 23 points and are in 3rd place in the division. Granted we have more games played though. But look at it this way. The Wings are FIVE goals away from being 14-5-0. I guess if you look at it that way it's not AS horrible. Still no excuses and they have to win games. Goodnight all.

Get Weiss back, call up nyquist and go with.. Z-d-Bert, nyquist-Weiss-alfy, mule-helm-Tatar, Abby- Anderson- miller.

This would be a good group of forwards. if Kenny and babs heads weren't so far up there a** maybe we would see it.

Couldn't agree more. That would be my ideal forward group and line combinations as well. Franzen isn't scoring goals and I think Nyquist would mesh well with Weiss and Alfie. The season is 1/4 over now and this team is looking very average. Nyquist needs to play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate shootouts. I've hated them ever since they where introduced. Baseball doesn't decide extra inning games with the Home Run derby and NHL games shouldn't be decided by a skills competition.

i find myself looking less and less forward to watching them play, use to be hyped up all day waiting for puck drop.

Agreed watching some other teams play, who at least have some guys doing the physical stuff or staged fights, if they feel like their team could need some energy is often more entertaining than watching this 2 player roster...