• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/12 GDT : Jets 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Jeez, listening Babcock here you'd think we won.

"Hard to complain about anything, great game from start to finish, everyone was good out there".

You seriously can not say those comments after a loss.

Couldn't agree more. That would be my ideal forward group and line combinations as well. Franzen isn't scoring goals and I think Nyquist would mesh well with Weiss and Alfie. The season is 1/4 over now and this team is looking very average. Nyquist needs to play.

Get Weiss back, call up nyquist and go with.. Z-d-Bert, nyquist-Weiss-alfy, mule-helm-Tatar, Abby- Anderson- miller.

This would be a good group of forwards. if Kenny and babs heads weren't so far up there a** maybe we would see it.

Like the lines, but just adding Nyquist doesn't make the scoring problems go away though. Its still the exact same team. The guys on the team have to start playing better or we will be toiling in mediocrity all season.

That's twice to Winnipeg. We are weak ... if things don't change, I predict a first round exit which would be a step backwards.

Last year I thought we weren't even going to even make the playoffs let alone almost beat Chicago(which lets face it we should have). So I think its too early to predict anything.

"Hard to complain about anything, great game from start to finish, everyone was good out there".

Well I hope he is singing a different tune in the locker room, because the expectations should be to absolute dominate and crush bottom feeders without having to give anything close to 100 % you know DetroitRedWings style like not average team style like.

Maybe the coaching and front office really lacks the fire to get this team back to where the fans want it to be.

Everybody wasn't good out there if everybody was good we would have won.

Edited by wings87

In the context of the other things he said it's not quite so bad.

He can't keep trashing the team to the press every loss. It's not like he's saying this is acceptable. But he saw progress. I think the key is the section I bolded.

"We didn’t win but I thought we played good. I liked our game today, start to finish,'' Babcock said. "We made some mistakes ... but I liked our penalty kill, I liked our power play, I liked our game. I feel real good.

"I know we’d like to get the second point but I liked the way we played. To me it’s going in the right direction. It’s real positive game for us.’’

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/jets_edge_red_wings_in_shootou.html

I can somewhat see what he's saying. This team is hanging around these games but making key mistakes that lose them. They're not going to be a team that dominates with their talent level, but if they can improve enough to hang on and end up on the other side of more of these close games, then they're in pretty good shape.

In the context of the other things he said it's not quite so bad.

He can't keep trashing the team to the press every loss. It's not like he's saying this is acceptable. But he saw progress. I think the key is the section I bolded.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/jets_edge_red_wings_in_shootou.html

I can somewhat see what he's saying. This team is hanging around these games but making key mistakes that lose them. They're not going to be a team that dominates with their talent level, but if they can improve enough to hang on and end up on the other side of more of these close games, then they're in pretty good shape.

It's disappointing cause the team has looked better lately, if Pav and Z could get just a little help offensively. I believe we would take off.

Babs is right. The Wings had 43 shots on net to the Jets' 21. Detroit had more scoring chances, more hustle, more PPs capitalized on, solid penalty killing; there were even a few times 5-on-5 where it looked like we were on a power-play. The Wings played a good game of hockey tonight, aside from a couple issues here and there, but this was one of those games where the better team lost. It's just unfortunate that it happened during a tough stretch for Detroit. 2 points tonight would have been a great emotional boost.

By that quote it's obvious you missed the game.

Another decent performance by Jimmy that was given away by terrible turnovers and lack of offence from anyone not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg.

Missed the game but the stats make me think jimmy s*** the bed?

Why am i seemingly the only one who thinks jimmy is really underperforming this year?

He hasnt solen anything for us this year. Always giving up fluke goals, always getting outperformed by other goalies, always collapsing under pressure in late period/games/OT, never clutch when we REALLY need him to be.

Obviously our defense isnt the best but more times than not it never is for any team.

An ELITE goaltender doesnt need a list of excuses/scapegoats for why he lost. He simply wins games. Low scoring or not. Jimmy's GAA/SV% comparitive to other goalies, most of which arent even #1's is atrocious.

He is not the future of this hockey club, fat contract to make him look better on paper or not.

/end rant.

Why am i seemingly the only one who thinks jimmy is really underperforming this year?

He hasnt solen anything for us this year. Always giving up fluke goals, always getting outperformed by other goalies, always collapsing under pressure in late period/games/OT, never clutch when we REALLY need him to be.

Obviously our defense isnt the best but more times than not it never is for any team.

An ELITE goaltender doesnt need a list of excuses/scapegoats for why he lost. He simply wins games. Low scoring or not. Jimmy's GAA/SV% comparitive to other goalies, most of which arent even #1's is atrocious.

He is not the future of this hockey club, fat contract to make him look better on paper or not.

/end rant.

Every goalie has an off year, unfortunately we can't afford him to have one this year. I'm as big of a jimmy supporter as they come, but I'm disappointed in him this far, you can only write off so many games as a "bad game" get monster in and let jimmy give his head a shake

Didn't watch the game but Howard's stats so far is 5-5-5 ... with a 2.67 GAA and .910 SV%

This ain't going to cut it no matter how you explain it.

Gus is 3-0-0 with 2.13, .937 ... without stating the obvious ... same group of players in front of him as Howie

Time to rest Howie and give the Monster a few games.

You've got to go way back to find the last time the Club "lost" (this is the League's terminology; I'd sooner think of it as an "unbeaten streak", since their are "loser points" involved) six Home Games, the fifth time it's happened: 1985-86. Only one off the Club record.

Goods news? I got nothin'.

Missed the game, but it sounds just like the others.

Our biggest pproblems seem to be lack of defensive support for the offense and Babcock's last minute choices. I don't care if Lashoff and Oullet are rookies, they are more dependable than Quincey and Kindl. And how will players like Tatar and Lashoff and Oullet learn to play in clutch situations if they can't see the ice in crucial times in the regular season?

I'm not a Babcock water, but he has really lacked his usual mojo this year and last.

I'm not a Babcock water, but he has really lacked his usual mojo this year and last.

(Don't drink the water.)

Babs seems genuinely clueless these days. I really have to wonder if his troops aren't starting to tune him out.

But, hey, sort of good news: we're tied for second place in the East! Here's the breakdown:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?navid=nav-stn-main#

Obviously the big thing is games in hand - we've played more games than all of our immediate competitors, except for the Caps.

Wouldn't say that but I'm starting to want Chiarelli or Stevo Y more and more as his hopefully soon successor.

Kenny is a mastermind and all that but I think he lacks the passion and fire to lead this team to be the class of the NHL again. Those are the damn DetroitRedWings use the power and wealth of this franchise in order to get things done and stop overpaying for veterans, if a guy like Pietro is RFA offersheet him the worst thing that can happen, is the other teams are going to match it so what? Just try it, the defense isn't good enough but at least young and therefore learning but the offense safe for the only two stars on this team is garbage.

I'm not saying Holland is a terrible GM. I just think he's full of s***. Always these tired lines about parity, homegrown talent, looking for a dance partner, blah blah blah. Dude, you're (supposed to be) The Best GM in Hockey. Shut up and make some magic. That's what you get paid to do, not make excuses and twiddle your thumbs because, gee golly gosh, there's just SO MUCH PARITY! Our forward corps is garbage, and our blue line really isn't much better. We're not even close to serious Cup contention. We can't even score! Maybe that'd be good enough for, say, the Washington Capitals - but not the Detroit Red Wings. It's embarrassing. We should be ripping the Eastern Conference to pieces. Instead, we're super-ok with what can, at very best, be called middling mediocrity.

It's been 19 games. We're looking at another first/second-round exit. No, that's not acceptable, and no, we shouldn't be happy just to be making the playoffs. We're the Detroit Red Wings. We win Cups, not moral victories.

/weekly rant