• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#341 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Is it too soon to predict a 2-3 loss next game with Z and Pav scoring? Can't hate much in terms of effort I suppose. Howard once again gets lost on the second goal and plays hoop in the shootout. He isn't getting goal support, but he is also getting outplayed by the other goaltender many nights. Looks like he has little confidence (probably at least partially due to both injury and lack of scoring support).

Thank God for Pav and Z...

#342 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,986 posts

boring game leading to a frustrating loss

#343 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

I really hate taking credit for OT losses. In all reality this team is 9-10 right now. They've only won 9 out of their first 19 games. It's 20 games into the season and this is where you can tell who's who. And the Wings don't look foreal. They're nothing more than a mediocre team.

We're not even mediocre. I wouldn't trust this team to score a single goal against the Sabres or Panthers, let alone beat them.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#344 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Howard gets his big pay day and plays good 1 of every 8 games. He's done it his whole career can't expect any different

#345 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Dammit dammit dammit... 

Do they just hate The Joe or something?  My goodness. 

#346 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Maybe Babs should scratch Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Force the other guys to do something.

Edited by Dabura, 12 November 2013 - 10:27 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#347 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Ericsson is back Friday right? It'll be a welcome addition. Hopefully Weiss is back soon as well, we just have no depth at all right now. And, our best depth guy, Tatar, was benched in the 3rd and OT when we could use a goal. Babs, you da man.

Am I drunk, or did you just equate Weiss returning to an improvement in our depth?

#348 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Seriously what would it hurt at this point to give a healthy scratch to Bert, Franzen, Cleary, all on the same night and let 3 young'uns play?

Might let them know their jobs aren't 100% safe and they play better next time after getting message sent.

#349 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Why is it  that Pav and Bert so often seem to not be trying in the shootouts - almost like they're using their B & C moves instead of their A moves. Of course, the opponents don't seem to be trying very hard either, but seem to score easily on simple shots. I'd like to hear that Jimmie destroyed a mirror with his stick - anything to show a sign of life from this team.

Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#350 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Not even mad if the DetroitRedWings can't even win against bottom feeders at home(!) things aren't exactly looking good. Kenny said he is giving himself 20 games to see, where the roster is...well GM you have your work cut out for you and not a lot of cap to work with. Pasha was absolutely gassed why not bring him later in the shootout? Free up Nyquist ..if only this team had a goalscorer oh wait there was a guy named Brunner too bad he is under 30...

Edited by frankgrimes, 12 November 2013 - 10:33 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#351 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Guys, all these losses are being staged in order to make the HBO show more exciting.  

:rap:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#352 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

3 on 3 2nd overtimes can't come soon enough... F this Shootout Crap.

#353 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

I can't wait to get embarrassed on national TV in the Winter Classic. That'll be fun. If the NHL doesn't yank us from the event for complete and utter suckage.

#354 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

How many OT games have the Sharks lost? I'm looking for anything to make me feel better about our clearly crap-ass "team."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#355 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Maybe Babs should scratch Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Force the other guys to do something.

ha i actually thought about this already

#356 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Kenny said he is giving himself 20 games to see, where the roster is...

Kenny is full of s***.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#357 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Guys, all these losses are being staged in order to make the HBO show more exciting.  

:rap:

Babs will dramatically pull the team together by sheer will and coaching skill, much to the delight of the HBO producers.

#358 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Am I drunk, or did you just equate Weiss returning to an improvement in our depth?

Even with Weiss' struggles, the Wings really need him back down the middle. I thought he was improving too before the injury. Helm is out of his element above the third line. Adding Nyquist to the second line would help Weiss out too. While I agree the Red Wings depth at forward is weak right now, Weiss is crucial to this team going forward. I'm pretty much done holding out hope Franzen will become productive, but Weiss with Nyquist and Alfredsson could work well.

Regardless, there are too many spare parts and bottom-six forwards that provide nothing unique on this roster. Plus Babs benches offensive threats like Tatar to play Drew Miller in a tie game.

Edited by GoWings1905, 12 November 2013 - 10:44 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#359 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

ha i actually thought about this already

Evander Kane was scratched on the night the Jets destroyed us. David Clarkson missed the first ten games, nearly all of which the Leafs won. There are more examples but I can't remember them right now - the point is, sometimes less can be more.

Regardless, there are too many spare parts and bottom-six forwards that provide nothing unique on this roster. Plus Babs benches offensive threats like Tatar to play Drew Miller in a tie game.

I fear Babs is senile.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#360 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Seriously what would it hurt at this point to give a healthy scratch to Bert, Franzen, Cleary, all on the same night and let 3 young'uns play?

Might let them know their jobs aren't 100% safe and they play better next time after getting message sent.

Because Bertuzzi is playing good and we don't have the roster or cap space to call up two more "young'uns"?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."