417 replies to this topic

#361 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Kenny is full of s***.

Wouldn't say that but I'm starting to want Chiarelli or Stevo Y more and more as his hopefully soon successor.

Kenny is a mastermind and all that but I think he lacks the passion and fire to lead this team to be the class of the NHL again. Those are the damn DetroitRedWings use the power and wealth of this franchise in order to get things done and stop overpaying for veterans, if a guy like Pietro is RFA offersheet him the worst thing that can happen, is the other teams are going to match it so what? Just try it, the defense isn't good enough but at least young and therefore learning but the offense safe for the only two stars on this team is garbage.

Edited by frankgrimes, 12 November 2013 - 10:50 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#362 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

It just occurred to me: pretty much every one of our forwards not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg, and maybe Alfredsson, could be considered a bottom-six forward. Meaning: our top-six blows. Which I guess we already knew, but yeah.

Edited by Dabura, 12 November 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#363 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

It's getting really hard to defend Howard lately. He is playing horribly. His performance from last year's playoffs can only take him so far. Bench him and play the Monster. Holy s*** it's depressing watching this team lose night in and night out.

#364 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Not even mad if the DetroitRedWings can't even win against bottom feeders at home(!) things aren't exactly looking good. Kenny said he is giving himself 20 games to see, where the roster is...well GM you have your work cut out for you and not a lot of cap to work with.Pasha was absolutely gassed why not bring him later in the shootout?Free up Nyquist ..if only this team had a goalscorer oh wait there was a guy named Brunner too bad he is under 30...

Right, Brunner is doing soooooo well...

#365 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Get Weiss back, call up nyquist and go with.. Z-d-Bert, nyquist-Weiss-alfy, mule-helm-Tatar, Abby- Anderson- miller.

This would be a good group of forwards. if Kenny and babs heads weren't so far up there a** maybe we would see it.

#366 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Seeing Phoenix ranked #4 in the NHL makes me want to punch myself in the face.

i thought with phxs OT win tonight that they jumped over chicago to be 3rd in the NHL but chicago has a game in hand over phx so they are still 4th. 

tough loss tonight. somethings gotta give. enough with these 1 point loses. wings need wins!!!
eventually its gonna come back and bite them in the @$$

Edited by RyaN_84, 12 November 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#367 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Get Weiss back, call up nyquist and go with.. Z-d-Bert, nyquist-Weiss-alfy, mule-helm-Tatar, Abby- Anderson- miller.

This would be a good group of forwards. if Kenny and babs heads weren't so far up there a** maybe we would see it.

This is the lineup id kill for. but we'd have to move eaves or sammy somehow.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#368 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

i find myself looking less and less forward to watching them play, use to be hyped up all day waiting for puck drop.

#369 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

The crazy thing is even with all these losses the Wings have 23 points and are in 3rd place in the division. Granted we have more games played though. But look at it this way. The Wings are FIVE goals away from being 14-5-0. I guess if you look at it that way it's not AS horrible. Still no excuses and they have to win games. Goodnight all.

#370 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Couldn't agree more. That would be my ideal forward group and line combinations as well. Franzen isn't scoring goals and I think Nyquist would mesh well with Weiss and Alfie. The season is 1/4 over now and this team is looking very average. Nyquist needs to play.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#371 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate shootouts. I've hated them ever since they where introduced. Baseball doesn't decide extra inning games with the Home Run derby and NHL games shouldn't be decided by a skills competition.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#372 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hate losing at home in OT or SO very common nowadays at the Joe.. Damn!

#373 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

It's just so frustrating watching us lose games that Nyquist could so clearly make a difference in.

#374 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

i find myself looking less and less forward to watching them play, use to be hyped up all day waiting for puck drop.

Agreed watching some other teams play, who at least have some guys doing the physical stuff or staged fights, if they feel like their team could need some energy is often more entertaining than watching this 2 player roster...

kftx.jpg

#375 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

That's twice to Winnipeg.  We are weak ... if things don't change, I predict a first round exit which would be a step backwards.  

#376 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Like the lines, but just adding Nyquist doesn't make the scoring problems go away though. Its still the exact same team. The guys on the team have to start playing better or we will be toiling in mediocrity all season. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#377 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Last year I thought we weren't even going to even make the playoffs let alone almost beat Chicago(which lets face it we should have). So I think its too early to predict anything.

#378 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

That's twice to Winnipeg.  We are weak ... if things don't change, I predict a first round exit which would be a step backwards.  

if this streakyness continues I highly doubt this team will see yna playoff-round (save for watching it from home) obviously

kftx.jpg

#379 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Jeez, listening Babcock here you'd think we won.

"Hard to complain about anything, great game from start to finish, everyone was good out there".

You seriously can not say those comments after a loss.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#380 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Couldn't agree more. That would be my ideal forward group and line combinations as well. Franzen isn't scoring goals and I think Nyquist would mesh well with Weiss and Alfie. The season is 1/4 over now and this team is looking very average. Nyquist needs to play.

Like the lines, but just adding Nyquist doesn't make the scoring problems go away though. Its still the exact same team. The guys on the team have to start playing better or we will be toiling in mediocrity all season.

Last year I thought we weren't even going to even make the playoffs let alone almost beat Chicago(which lets face it we should have). So I think its too early to predict anything.