• Please log in to reply
417 replies to this topic

#141 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well the good news is, we're doing great in their zone. Just need work on breakouts and can't give up odd man rushes.. not a bad game so far

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#142 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

I know you guys will probably get sick of me saying it, but the Wings need more guys driving hard to the net.  So many rushes end up with the guys along the outside or pulling up short.  Go to the net!

#143 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Well as Mickey just said, it was a perfectly executed three on two.  When a guy is driving hard to the net like that you've got to take him.  If he'd have been floating a bit or hanging back then you can try and tie up two guys with positioning.  But when he's coming hard like that you've got to slow him up, which Kindl did, and Wheeler made a hell of a pass to set up a hell of a shot for the third guy. 

But my sole point to begin with was that not every goal scored against the wings is the result of a f*ck up by one of our guys.  There doesn't always need to be a scapegoat.  Sometimes the opposition just executes particularly well.  They are professionals after all.

Agreed on that. It's pretty hard to defend a 3 on 2.

And if he'd taken the third guy and Wheeler got the pass through to the guy driving the net, you'd be blaming Kindl for not taking that guy.  Good pass, good shot, good play.  Nobody to blame on that one.

No, No don't worry, I'm not one of these users. ;)

Edited by derblaueClaus, 12 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#144 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Well as Mickey just said, it was a perfectly executed three on two.  When a guy is driving hard to the net like that you've got to take him.  If he'd have been floating a bit or hanging back then you can try and tie up two guys with positioning.  But when he's coming hard like that you've got to slow him up, which Kindl did, and Wheeler made a hell of a pass to set up a hell of a shot for the third guy. 

But my sole point to begin with was that not every goal scored against the wings is the result of a f*ck up by one of our guys.  There doesn't always need to be a scapegoat.  Sometimes the opposition just executes particularly well.  They are professionals after all.

It really is pick your poison if the offensive team plays it right.

Kronner could have taken Little and essentially have made it a 2 on 1 where if they pass IS made to Ladd, Jimmy doesn't have to travel as far to make the save.

But like you said, it was just a really good hard pass that Little made no mistake on. Jimmy would have had to cheat to try to make the save.

#145 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

What happened to the shinpad assassin?  Shoot the puck Sammy!

#146 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

The Jets scored a sweet goal, they deserve credit. Not really fair to blame anyone on it. Beautiful response to pick up the tying goal. Time to regroup during intermission and keep the pressure. Let's Go Wings!
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#147 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Pretty good period. Euro Twins are still consistently the only line that sustains offensive pressure. I wish Abby had better finishing skills because his energy is noticeable.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#148 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Would love to see us get the goalie to move a little before taking a shot.
Great pass by Z great goal by Pav.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#149 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

It would be nice to see our dmen shoot a one timer on net every once in a while....it seems they always fan on it. Or Kindl blasts it 100mph but wide

#150 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

The Wings will have great sucess if they skate a bit harder, and someone other then ZDB can score a goal. Based on the game so far I think it'll be Tatar or a defenseman.

#NOMOREKINDL

#151 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I thought the 2nd line was very good in that period. A lot of pressure, maybe not great scoring chances but even sustained offensive zone time isn't something we're used to seeing from any line but the 1st. Helm obviously isn't 100% there yet, looks like he gets really tired at the end of his shifts, but the actual look of the line is good. You got Helm's speed and hustle, Alfie's brains and puck possession, and Mule's... Mule-ness. 

Bad luck on the Jets goal, Z and D got crossed up at the blueline and Z lost his stick. Usually one of them will be back as the 3rd man defensively breaking up those kind of odd-man rushes, but give Winnipeg credit they're a fast team and transition from defense to offense really quickly. 

Overall a good period, but no amount of good play is gonna cut it unless we start scoring. I want a 2nd line goal, I want a 3rd line goal, I want a goal from the defense. Yeah, I want it all. 

#152 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

I think Kronwall's overdue for a goal

#153 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

It would be nice to see our dmen shoot a one timer on net every once in a while....it seems they always fan on it. Or Kindl blasts it 100mph but wide

It would be nice to see our D-Man shoot more in general. Read a stat this week, that the Wings fiinding themselves at the bottom of the league in this department. But my hockeyknowldge isn't good enough to say if this is a symptom or a reason of our overall lack of offense. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#154 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think Kronwall's overdue for a goal

It's probably because he either A.) does his fake shoot-->pass thing or B.) misses the net.

#155 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

There isn't a goalie in the league that would have stopped that shot. It was an odd-man rush one-timer. I guess you expect impossible lateral movement?

Im sorry im at the game and a little drunk but jummys been pissing me off lately. Sue me.
My fails speak for themselves.

#156 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Bert needs to get greedy.. 2 two on 1's and no shots this game.

Tatars having a good game so far.

#NOMOREKINDL

#157 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Samuelsson is better than Cleary.

#158 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Doesn't Franzen look like he's missing many elements needed to be a star player?  He looks cathartic out there.  After watching him this game, can anyone really hope that he'll get hot again? Put a fork in him, his career is done.

Edited by themcityblues, 12 November 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#159 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

To be honest Sammy isn't looking that bad right now.

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#160 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Seeing Phoenix ranked #4 in the NHL makes me want to punch myself in the face.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg