Photo
- - - - -

Nail Yakupov, as told to Igor Larionov...or not.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

From ESPN:

The agent for Edmonton Oilers winger Nail Yakupov said Monday night that he is concerned about the limited opportunity Yakupov is getting right now in Edmonton and that if the Oilers are unhappy with the second-year player, he would be open to a trade.

Hall of Famer Igor Larionov said he is going to Edmonton to watch Yakupov, the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, and to sit down with the organization.

"I'm going to Edmonton on Thursday to watch a couple games. Obviously a lot of questions, and I want to have some answers," Larionov said.

Yakupov has been a healthy scratch at times this season after some sophomore struggles.

"Let the kid play, enjoy the game. He's a hard-working kid. He's not lazy. He's got to be part of that team. You have to understand he's only 20 years old, he needs some support," Larionov said. "He's a goal-scorer. You've got to understand that and let the kid develop and play."

There might be interest in him shown by some teams. Maybe he has a problem with attitude.

Hockey...ESPN? Who knew?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

Any chance they could send Tootoo in a package to them? As much as I like Tootoo we need someone that can put the puck in the net big time and they need someone with some grit on their team. They can take Cleary and Sammy too please :lol:

#3 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

When I read that article there was a guy saying to swap Howard for him.
Ha.
Coreau maybe, but what do you think they'd want for him?
He may just need pasha in his corner.

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

He is KHL bound for sure, guy seems to have attitude problems and a NBA personality.. Back when the Oilers drafted him I thought trading down and getting a defender plus a nice forward should have been the way to go. Now they have to sell low and certainly aren't getting a lot for him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

He's a healthy scratch, again.
Igor, get a trade done for some 3rd and later round picks, and/or some square pegs.
Throw in one or two of the multiple players we have out of ahl options next year that we won't be able to keep.

#6 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

He's a healthy scratch, again.
Igor, get a trade done for some 3rd and later round picks, and/or some square pegs.Throw in one or two of the multiple players we have out of ahl options next year that we won't be able to keep.

not worth the headache

#7 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

looks like the kid could be in play, any coincedence that he trained in the D pre season? maybe the professor has a cunning plan up his sleeve.........

who was the last 1st overall pick to be a flop? maybe the closest was Patrick Stefan but he did play ovet 400 games so i guess its what you class as a flop.

Point is never give up a chance to ****** a overall pick if one is being offered.

Id take Yakupov if he is available, but at what cost?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#8 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:26 AM

looks like the kid could be in play, any coincedence that he trained in the D pre season? maybe the professor has a cunning plan up his sleeve.........

who was the last 1st overall pick to be a flop? maybe the closest was Patrick Stefan but he did play ovet 400 games so i guess its what you class as a flop.
Point is never give up a chance to ****** a overall pick if one is being offered.
Id take Yakupov if he is available, but at what cost?

As low as its ever been, and unless he runs to the khl as low as it'll be.

Is give them kindl(quincey if they'd take him), and either Paterson or McCollum.
Possibly a 2nd-5th rd pick or a mid level prospect.

#9 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

I wouldn't call yak a flop just yet.. give him a couple more seasons to bulk up and improve his two way game and I think he pans out nicely.

I'd love to have him in the d and I'm sure pav and yak would love to play together. I imagine it would take a young nhl d man, good prospect and at least a mid pick

Geterr done Kenny

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#10 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Sven if he came to Detroit he wouldn't see much I've time, he would be stuck with Cleary on the fourth line most likely

#11 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Sven if he came to Detroit he wouldn't see much I've time, he would be stuck with Cleary on the fourth line most likely

hahahaha....you spend way too much time in bab's head, my friend.

sad...but true right there.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#12 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

He has lots of talent, but doesn't like to play a complete game.  No back checking, no hitting, no going to the hard areas of the ice.  He's basically Leino with more talent.  Unless he changes that attitude, he'll never be a good player and certainly not who we need in Detroit.  He has stated several times that he has no interest in playing in Russia, so I don't know how likely it is that he leaves for the KHL when his contract is up, or with the Oilers' blessing.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!