• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Nail Yakupov, as told to Igor Larionov...or not.

Rate this topic

From ESPN:

The agent for Edmonton Oilers winger Nail Yakupov said Monday night that he is concerned about the limited opportunity Yakupov is getting right now in Edmonton and that if the Oilers are unhappy with the second-year player, he would be open to a trade.

Hall of Famer Igor Larionov said he is going to Edmonton to watch Yakupov, the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, and to sit down with the organization.

"I'm going to Edmonton on Thursday to watch a couple games. Obviously a lot of questions, and I want to have some answers," Larionov said.

Yakupov has been a healthy scratch at times this season after some sophomore struggles.

"Let the kid play, enjoy the game. He's a hard-working kid. He's not lazy. He's got to be part of that team. You have to understand he's only 20 years old, he needs some support," Larionov said. "He's a goal-scorer. You've got to understand that and let the kid develop and play."

There might be interest in him shown by some teams. Maybe he has a problem with attitude.

Hockey...ESPN? Who knew?

Any chance they could send Tootoo in a package to them? As much as I like Tootoo we need someone that can put the puck in the net big time and they need someone with some grit on their team. They can take Cleary and Sammy too please :lol:

He is KHL bound for sure, guy seems to have attitude problems and a NBA personality..

Back when the Oilers drafted him I thought trading down and getting a defender plus a nice forward should have been the way to go. Now they have to sell low and certainly aren't getting a lot for him.

looks like the kid could be in play, any coincedence that he trained in the D pre season? maybe the professor has a cunning plan up his sleeve.........

who was the last 1st overall pick to be a flop? maybe the closest was Patrick Stefan but he did play ovet 400 games so i guess its what you class as a flop.

Point is never give up a chance to ****** a overall pick if one is being offered.

Id take Yakupov if he is available, but at what cost?

looks like the kid could be in play, any coincedence that he trained in the D pre season? maybe the professor has a cunning plan up his sleeve.........

who was the last 1st overall pick to be a flop? maybe the closest was Patrick Stefan but he did play ovet 400 games so i guess its what you class as a flop.

Point is never give up a chance to ****** a overall pick if one is being offered.

Id take Yakupov if he is available, but at what cost?

As low as its ever been, and unless he runs to the khl as low as it'll be.

Is give them kindl(quincey if they'd take him), and either Paterson or McCollum.

Possibly a 2nd-5th rd pick or a mid level prospect.

I wouldn't call yak a flop just yet.. give him a couple more seasons to bulk up and improve his two way game and I think he pans out nicely.

I'd love to have him in the d and I'm sure pav and yak would love to play together. I imagine it would take a young nhl d man, good prospect and at least a mid pick

Geterr done Kenny

Sven if he came to Detroit he wouldn't see much I've time, he would be stuck with Cleary on the fourth line most likely

hahahaha....you spend way too much time in bab's head, my friend.

sad...but true right there.

He has lots of talent, but doesn't like to play a complete game. No back checking, no hitting, no going to the hard areas of the ice. He's basically Leino with more talent. Unless he changes that attitude, he'll never be a good player and certainly not who we need in Detroit. He has stated several times that he has no interest in playing in Russia, so I don't know how likely it is that he leaves for the KHL when his contract is up, or with the Oilers' blessing.