• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest RyaN_84

Pronger may be eligible for HHOF in 2015

Rate this topic

Guest RyaN_84

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436407#YourCallTop

Just a couple notes from that article but if you wish to read the full article then go ahead.

"He would be eligible in 2015 as far as the way the bylaw reads and as long, obviously, as he doesn't play again prior to his election," said Jeff Denomme, president and CEO of the Hockey Hall of Fame, to ESPN.com on Monday. "If there was any question on matters pertaining to any particular candidate's eligibility, I suspect that's something the board would raise at some point, though."
Pronger has three years remaining on his current contract and would no longer get paid what he's owed if he called it a career. The Flyers, meanwhile, would not receive salary cap relief by placing him on the long-term injured list at the beginning of each season and wouldn't recoup the $4.94 million cap space. They can't buy him out either, since he is still injured.
Pronger is still suffering from post-concussion symptoms from an incident in October of 2011. Should his career be over, the Dryden, ON, native would finish with 1,167 games played, including time with the Hartford Whalers, St. Louis Blues, Edmonton Oilers, Anaheim Ducks and the Flyers. He has 698 points and 1,590 penalty minutes.

So with that do you think Pronger is Hockey Hall of Fame deserving? Or do you think he was a classless player that got what he deserved?

Please share your opinions :)

He is unquestionably HOF material. The 2nd best D-man of his generation after Lidstrom.

Dirty, cowardly, and a spot-picking cheap-shot artist who if he wasn't a star would have racked up many many more games suspended. But nevertheless a HOFer.

Absolutely HOF material.

He was a bruising Dman the likes you don't see in the NHL anymore. A more recent version of Chelios, only bigger.

He is unquestionably HOF material. The 2nd best D-man of his generation after Lidstrom.

Dirty, cowardly, and a spot-picking cheap-shot artist who if he wasn't a star would have racked up many many more games suspended. But nevertheless a HOFer.

Honestly spot-picking I don't hold against guys like Pronger (the other qualities, absolutely). As one of the top D-men he'd be an idiot to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes to fight just anyone.

Most defenseman should be spot-pickers when it comes to dropping the gloves.

I hate the guy, but he is without question one of the best defensemen of his generation. He threw crappy teams on his back and carried them to greatness. Had he been a Red Wing, and paired with #5, we would've been an unequivocal, balls-to-the-walls Dynasty.

But the guys he's fought - Dan Cleary, Michael Handzus, Jiri Slegr.....Pronger is half-man half-sasquatch, and these are the guys he chooses to fight?

He doesn't really fight that much so often when it happens it's both guys going at it. It very well could've happened but I don't remember him seeking guys out. With Cleary he made pretty sure Danny wanted to go. Of course then he immediately poked him in the eye too.

Glancing down his fight card he's fought guys like Marty Lapointe, Barnaby, Laperrierre, Krys Barch. He's a sasquatch but didn't have a ton of fights in his career.

He's an arrogant, annoying freak that makes me wish I'd been in the NHL just to throw punches at him (and get re-arranged so badly I'd have to part my hair to fart, of course) just to get all of the anger and aggression out of me that he could incite with a mere leering grin.

He is one of the very few that I wouldn't have wanted no matter how talented he was, and that is a list of... one that I can think of.

HHOF? Without a doubt. The question is whether or not it will be first ballot or if they'll pull a Shanny and make him sweat it for a year.

(and get re-arranged so badly I'd have to part my hair to fart, of course)

:lol: This made my morning.

Pronger should definitely be in the HHOF. I hope they do make him sweat it for a year, because he's a douchenozzle and I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to punch him in the pants. But definitely HHOF material.

With some guys in the league, you get the feeling that they're driven to just hurt people out there (Cooke for example), while others are driven to win....and if that means being mean and nasty to anyone in their way to winning, then so be it (Chelios and Pronger come to mind). Love them or hate them while their playing for/against your team....but in the end, I gotta stand in appreciation of the warriors that they were and the drive that they put into winning. As much as I hated Pronger when he played, I have a ton more respect for him and his drive to win then I will ever have for the likes of a Franzen or that type of player.

Guest RyaN_84

^^^ well said sir. couldn't of said it better myself

Edited by RyaN_84