• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Blues sign Colaiacovo pending medical

Rate this topic

St. Louis Blues @StLouisBlues 24m

BREAKING: The Blues have agreed to a one-year deal with former Blue Carlo Colaiacovo pending a medical. http://bit.ly/16ZjXeM

I thought Cola was pretty solid for the Wings once he got healthy. Nice that he got picked up somewhere.

And it still surprises me but did Ian White end up anywhere??

Never understood the hostility towards him. He looked great for us while healthy. It's not his fault he got injured. I wouldn't have minded keeping him around, although we did have a glut on defense. But I'd rather have him out there than Smith or Quincey.

EDIT: That being said, I understand why he was bought out. He's so injury prone it probably didn't make sense to gamble on him again.

Never understood the hostility towards him. He looked great for us while healthy. It's not his fault he got injured. I wouldn't have minded keeping him around, although we did have a glut on defense. But I'd rather have him out there than Smith or Quincey.

EDIT: That being said, I understand why he was bought out. He's so injury prone it probably didn't make sense to gamble on him again.

I agree with you points, but I think it had more to do with Holland wanting to get bigger on the back end. Right now our smallest d-man is Kronwall, and I think they probably like it that way.

He may be the most injury-prone player in NHL history. But I do like him, as a player and a person, and I do think the buyout was kinda bull.

I get the sense that Ian White is kinda hard to work with. Which would be one thing if he were really good, but he's not. #5's departure exposed him, IMHO.

I don't see the Blues winning the Cup this season, but sometimes I catch myself half-wishing Hitchcock was the guy behind our bench.

Guest Playmaker

Made absolutely no sense to use a buyout on him, especially with the shortage on D, and the glut at forward. Could have used it to buyout Tootoo, who we're stuck with for two more years.

Made absolutely no sense to use a buyout on him, especially with the shortage on D, and the glut at forward. Could have used it to buyout Tootoo, who we're stuck with for two more years.

At the time Holland figured he could trade toots, and buying out Colo made sense, no trade value because of his injuries

Guest Playmaker

At the time Holland figured he could trade toots, and buying out Colo made sense, no trade value because of his injuries

Since no one wanted Tootoo for free, I guess his trade value isn't exactly all that good either. We didn't need to trade Colo, he was more valuable to keep given the amount of injuries that inevitably happen on defense. He didn't have a huge cap hit and he would have been off the books after this season.

Since no one wanted Tootoo for free, I guess his trade value isn't exactly all that good either. We didn't need to trade Colo, he was more valuable to keep given the amount of injuries that inevitably happen on defense. He didn't have a huge cap hit and he would have been off the books after this season.

I didn't like the buyout either, but it seems the only plausible thinking, we all thought several teams were interested in tootoo, unfortunately no one actually wanted him I guess. That's life

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2013/01/nhl-goal-celebrations.html

Do: Occasionally react to an especially big goal by skating over to the boards and slamming your body into the end glass.
Do not: Attempt this move unless you're sure that you're leaping into actual glass and not just something that's convincingly glass-like, such as Carlo Colaiacovo.