• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ClearlyCleary

ClearlyCleary

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hey guys,

A friend of mine started a website recently called Rivalry Wear and has some pretty cool shirts, including this Henrik Zetterberg/Breaking Bad mashup.

Thought I'd share it and see what everyone thinks.

Yours in healthy scratch,

Attached Files

#2 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Well I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad and obviously the Red Wings. Unfortunately not really a fan of this. Neat idea though. Website looks great.  The graphic looks like it was done in MS paint though.

Also I hope you/your friend did your due diligence and got permission from Zetterberg and the Red Wings. Otherwise THIS could happnen

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#3 ClearlyCleary

ClearlyCleary

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry you don't like the shirt! I'll pass along the feedback to my buddy about the licensing; I'm honestly not sure what their deal is.

#4 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I saw this in the FAQ on the website.

• Please refrain from using any profressional team name, team logos or team-style fonts. If the artwork contains any of the above, we won't consider the submission.

Judging by that I would assume no deal is in place with the NHL/Red Wings/Players.  I would recommend your friend be very careful when using the "likeness" of any player/team.  Never like to see an eager entrepreneur run into legal matters off the get-go.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#5 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Good concept, bad graphic. 

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

IIRC, I believe Pasha Sportswear ran into problems because it was misleading and people thought it was Pav's company.  I think they did have a deal with Pavs, but he was never paid, hence the lawsuit.  I have a Pasha Sportswear shirt, heh.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#7 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

IIRC, I believe Pasha Sportswear ran into problems because it was misleading and people thought it was Pav's company.  I think they did have a deal with Pavs, but he was never paid, hence the lawsuit.  I have a Pasha Sportswear shirt, heh.

No there was never a deal. They were sued for using his name, nickname, number and "likeness" to sell products.  They had an unauthorized facebook page as well that was selling these products. 

Link

Vince Lombardi

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

No there was never a deal. They were sued for using his name, nickname, number and "likeness" to sell products.  They had an unauthorized facebook page as well that was selling these products. 

Link

I have that Moves like Datsyuk shirt.  I just remember when it went down and there was an article somewhere, at least early on that might have been speculation, which mentions they were not paying the royalties or sumtin.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30