• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Outs and Ins, Buffalo Style.

Rate this topic

From Buffalo News:

And the news we've all been waiting for -- Darcy Regier and Ron Rolston are out and Pat LaFontaine and Ted Nolan are in.

"Last night I relieved Darcy Regier from his duties as Buffalo Sabres general manager and Ron Rolston as head coach," Sabres owner Terry Pegula said at a press conference at First Niagara Center.

Pegula announced the creation of a new title in the Sabres organization, president of hockey operations, which will be filled by LaFontaine. Ted Nolan was named interim head coach effective today.

A step in the right direction; at least it's a start.

What else has kept him busy is The Ted Nolan Foundation; from Wikipedia:

Ted is very active in his foundation, the Ted Nolan Foundation “Through the philosophy of healthy lifestyle, the Ted Nolan Foundation is committed to the healing process to renew and revitalize the mind, body and spirit of our young people. We will explore to help us train a new cadre of Aboriginal leaders today, to take their rightful place in Canadian society tomorrow. We will help develop programs at the community level for First Nations youth in communities no matter how isolated or poverty stricken. We will raise scholarship funds for First Nation women wishing to complete their education.”

Plus, he's a former Red Wing; that counts for something, right?

I didn't look to verify this actually happened but allegedly a few games ago Rolston benched his first line for the entire third period.

I get trying to send a message, but then there's also making at least a half-hearted attempt to compete in the game. And that's not going to happen with the entire first line on the bench for a whole period.

Nolan says John Scott plays Friday. "I'm looking forward to it."

Nolan also said he WILL entertain the idea of bringing Patrick Kaleta back. #Sabres

Give the fans what they want (?).