• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Outs and Ins, Buffalo Style.

Rate this topic

From Buffalo News:

The Buffalo Sabres hockey department grew by two people.

And they’re a pair of pretty impressive hires.

While it had been reported that Tim Murray would be named the team’s new general manager, the organization also hired Craig Patrick as a special assistant and adviser to the hockey department.

After all this time...?

so they now have:

Ted Black > LaFontaine > Patrick > Murray > Dineen ? certainly not a bad stuff but I'm a bit shocked LaFontaine couldn't find a "better" GM with a bit more resumee.

I believe Murray is a draft/player development type guy. Exactly what they need for a rebuild. Ottawa never really shyed away from trades either, so he'll probably also be aggressive in moving the pieces they still have left. He was quoted as saying something like anyone on this team can be traded right now.

I don't why they hired Patrick. Play management maybe?

Nolan's known as a "player's coach." He's certainly stabilized the team since his arrival. If he surrounds himself with the right assistant coaches, he can at least get a re-building team back on track to winning before he's replaced with the guy that gets them to championship contention. ...and with it's current situation, that could be a while.

So good for Teddy Nolan.