• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

What Did Pierre McGuire Want from Henrik Zetterberg?

Rate this topic

So I just came across this:

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/30/4379816/pierre-mcguire-henrik-zetterberg-nbc

I'd totally forgotten about it - but when I was reminded, I said (to myself), "Oh, right, the interview thing!"

But the above article has me thinking it might not have been what I - and pretty much everyone - had taken it to be. I like this explanation, from the comments section:

Pierre asks the players yes or no questions all the time off camera so during the broadcast he can say “I talked to X PLAYER during intermission and he does not feel that INSERT OPINION HERE.” Zetterberg was simply responding to a yes or no question with an enthusiastic “no.”

But that still begs the question: What did Pierre say? Was he asking a question (maybe a yes/no one), and if so, what was it?

Obviously we can't definitively put this to bed without input from Z and/or Pierre, but I'm still curious: What do you guys and gals think?

Edited by Dabura

Well, if it were me, I would have asked him to sweep into my office like Fabio on the cover of those crappy romance novels they sell in the drugstore and whisk me away to some foreign land with pristine sand and clear blue water, where he would bring me exotic alcoholic beverages and rub my...feet and then *censored*

Which would have been met with the same reaction you see in the provided gif. :lol:

Well, if it were me, I would have asked him to sweep into my office like Fabio on the cover of those crappy romance novels they sell in the drugstore and whisk me away to some foreign land with pristine sand and clear blue water, where he would bring me exotic alcoholic beverages and rub my...feet and then *censored*

Which would have been met with the same reaction you see in the provided gif. :lol:

I picture an old spice commercial. lol

Considering Pierre is putting in his ear piece as he's asking Zetterberg, I'd say it's definitely for an interview.

I also don't really understand the article nor it's fascination with unearthing "what really happened". Trying hard to create something out of nothing.

I also don't really understand the article nor it's fascination with unearthing "what really happened". Trying hard to create something out of nothing.

I think it was mostly an attempt to sort of defend Pierre. It was a huge thing (by hockey world standards) at the time. Everyone was laughing at Pierre. Why was it such a huge thing? Because 1) a lot of people don't like Pierre, and 2) it happened in a big, big game, and everything that happens in a big, big game has to be crazily over-magnified. It's an unwritten rule of the playoffs.

I think it was mostly an attempt to sort of defend Pierre. It was a huge thing (by hockey world standards) at the time. Everyone was laughing at Pierre. Why was it such a huge thing? Because 1) a lot of people don't like Pierre, and 2) it happened in a big, big game, and everything that happens in a big, big game has to be crazily over-magnified. It's an unwritten rule of the playoffs.

I don't think it was ever a huge thing. Everyone had their laugh about it and shrugged it off as Pierre being Pierre. He's known for being overzealous and not quite knowing his place.

I just don't get the whole conspiracy theory "what was he REALLY doing?!?!" I think it's obvious it was for an interview at a bad time. End of story.

tumblr_mnlg21IvmL1qb4rpho1_400.gif

Personally, I think Pierre let out a really, really wicked fart. Or he flat-out crapped his pants.

I'm reading Hank's lips. It looks like he said, "Shower?" and shook his head.

Maybe that's what Pierre was asking him to do after the game.

I don't think it was ever a huge thing. Everyone had their laugh about it and shrugged it off as Pierre being Pierre. He's known for being overzealous and not quite knowing his place.

I just don't get the whole conspiracy theory "what was he REALLY doing?!?!" I think it's obvious it was for an interview at a bad time. End of story.

I was there, and I can assure you it was a genuinely huge deal. There were riots in the streets. A long-sleeping volcano erupted. Bedlam.

Also, it's not really a conspiracy theory. A conspiracy theory, in this context, would be something like "Pierre was talking trash, trying to shake up Zetterberg's confidence! This is irrefutable proof that NBC hates the Red Wings!"