• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Babs Finally happy about 2nd line

Rate this topic

I thought the exact same thing about Ericsson before! I heard that he started as a forward but was moved back to D at some point in his career-I'm sure early on-but I have always thought about it...Smith would probably do really well up there, can't do worse.

You're right with Big Rig; he was drafted as a forward and became our defensive project. Smith normally excels at the offensive side of things. I think its Babcock that has strained him confidence/development wise. When he first came up he played his game a lot more. Nowadays he's stuck trying to analyze where he should be defensively within the structure and its made him start thinking about things. As a defensemen you shouldn't be thinking but rather doing. You need to trust your instincts and make the right move. The more you delay the messier things get.

Bertuzzi is effective up there. That may defy logic to some people solve he's "old and slow" but it is what it is. Our top line is set.

In his case it's because he keeps the puck moving fast with his great passing or he's protecting it like a mama bear, which all mostly nullifies his lack of speed.

The guy has the incredible vision, instincts, and skills to line w 13 & 40 as opposed to Abby who just quite didn't have enough .

Plus he adds a major bit of gruff to that line: guys are still intimidated by the old bear.

Tatar is scratched for tomorrow. Cleary is back in....

No one has supported Babcock and Holland more than me, but its starting to piss me off.

I look at Helm the same way I look at Abby. Extremely useful when he can play his role. Abby is awful as a top-six forward. Helm cannot be a second-line center. Put these guys in their proper role. I know we don't want to, but we have to split Pav and Hank up until Weiss comes back. That second line may create a few chances but they won't finish. If Alfie isn't putting it in the net on that line, no one will be able to.

if only we could get nyquist up and make the lines for babs then this team would be successful.

Z-dats- Bert

Nyquist- Weiss- alfy

Tatar- helm- mule

Abdelkader- Anderson- miller

I dunno about you guys but I think that's a pretty good looking forward group. If someone struggles on 2nd line there's always the option of moving up Tatar and the mule.

The key to the second line is Weiss. We can swap wingers (and have) but it will never succeed until he starts producing more.

It may be time to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg up.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Zetterberg-Weiss-Alfredsson

It might work.

And Dabura, why slot Smith on the second line? I agree he might be more useful as a forward, but as a fourth liner.

The key to the second line is Weiss. We can swap wingers (and have) but it will never succeed until he starts producing more.

It may be time to split Datsyuk and Zetterberg up.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Zetterberg-Weiss-Alfredsson

It might work.

And Dabura, why slot Smith on the second line? I agree he might be more useful as a forward, but as a fourth liner.

No I can't go another season of watching pav play with both Bert and mule. Yes Weiss is key to the second line and he does need to start producing but I think he would with a hungry nyquist and alfy. If not we would have two other wingers in Tatar and mule to insert in with Weiss. Weiss was starting to look very good before the injury don't be surprised if he starts heating up when he gets back