• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Patrick Eaves on Waivers

Rate this topic

It was such overpayment for Tootoo. I have no idea why Holland would give him 3 years at that price.

Sam reason he signed a useless 35 yr old Samuelsson 3 yrs @3M and no knees Cleary for 1.75 M when we already had too many forwards.

Quincy and Miller are the ones that should go, that clears 5.35M and they have -10 and -9 respectively.

Guest Crymson

I wouldn't go to town on Martin really. Holland was the one signing the contracts and most likely went to Martin and said, "Can you make it work?" I imagine capologist have the role of fixing problems that others have made or try and prevent them from happening. I guess I just want to say that Martins probably the guy there to find loopholes for Holland. He's not the one putting us in horrible positions.

I'm totally bummed. I love the guy's courage and his willingness to work. I hope he clears and can go to GR. That would mean I'd get to see him next week.

So why the hell can't we kick Cleary's sorry ass to the curb? He should have NEVER changed his mind, and gone to Philly instead. He wouldn't be missed, believe me.

Cleary is on the team because Babcock lobbied hard for him to be there. I agree that it should have been Cleary on the waiver wire.

That said, it's almost certain that Cleary will be a regular scratch unless he begins playing better. Babcock likely wanted him back because of his performance in the playoffs, but he has been useless so far in this season. Worse than useless, in fact, because he's using up a roster spot that would be far better suited to other players. I watched a video of the 2009 playoffs recently; he was very fleet of foot back then. Now he's horribly slow. Sad.

That said, he's absolutely not going to be re-signed if he continues playing as he has been.

This! :clap:

This is exactly how I see the things...

And you're wrong, because by all indications Ilitch rarely meddled in affairs of management.

Sam reason he signed a useless 35 yr old Samuelsson 3 yrs @3M and no knees Cleary for 1.75 M when we already had too many forwards.

Quincy and Miller are the ones that should go, that clears 5.35M and they have -10 and -9 respectively.

I see three significant problems with your post, all of them clearly the result of you not checking your facts:

1) Samuelsson was signed for two years, not three.

2) The team didn't have too many forwards at the time.

3) You spelled Quincey's name wrong. If you're going to criticize the guy, at least know his name first.

And so on.

Sucks for Eaves, but this was always going to happen once we re-signed Miller.

So, if he clears, we'll have Eaves, Emmerton and Tootoo in Grand Rapids......Grand Rapids who are already overflowing in prospects, who had to send Frk to Toledo because there was no room for him on the roster.......now a couple more guys are going to have to make room.

So even our prospects in the AHL can't get a game because of Kenny's poor roster management and unwillingness to cut ties.

Edited by Nev

This doesn't belong here and wasn't going to start a thread but I got the new 2014 Red Wings calendar and they have Sammuelson and Cleary in it--PUKE!!! How about DeKeyser or Andersson or even Kindl???? They were around I'm sure when they were discussing the calendar and had pictures of those guys too.

Anyway, just had to rant!

And you're wrong, because by all indications Ilitch rarely meddled in affairs of management.

So then, what's to explain not even bothering to tell Eaves that he had been waived? Oops, Holland forgot?

This doesn't belong here and wasn't going to start a thread but I got the new 2014 Red Wings calendar and they have Sammuelson and Cleary in it--PUKE!!! How about DeKeyser or Andersson or even Kindl???? They were around I'm sure when they were discussing the calendar and had pictures of those guys too.

Anyway, just had to rant!

I hope cleary's face is watermarked behind every picture for every month

Guest Playmaker
w

Cleary is on the team because Babcock lobbied hard for him to be there. I agree that it should have been Cleary on the waiver wire.

That said, it's almost certain that Cleary will be a regular scratch unless he begins playing better. Babcock likely wanted him back because of his performance in the playoffs, but he has been useless so far in this season. Worse than useless, in fact, because he's using up a roster spot that would be far better suited to other players. I watched a video of the 2009 playoffs recently; he was very fleet of foot back then. Now he's horribly slow. Sad.

That said, he's absolutely not going to be re-signed if he continues playing as he has been.

I see three significant problems with your post, all of them clearly the result of you not checking your facts:

1) Samuelsson was signed for two years, not three.

2) The team didn't have too many forwards at the time.

3) You spelled Quincey's name wrong. If you're going to criticize the guy, at least know his name first.

And so on.

Yeah, they did. Signing Cleary put them 3 players over the roster limit and 2.4 million over the salary cap. Did we have too many defenseman? Goalies? I don't think so. Speaking of checking facts...

Yeah, they did. Signing Cleary put them 3 players over the roster limit and 2.4 million over the salary cap. Did we have too many defenseman? Goalies? I don't think so. Speaking of checking facts...

I believe he was talking about the Sammy signing.

I believe he was talking about the Sammy signing.

He may have been, but the original post he quoted they were obviously referring to Cleary being signed when there were already too many forwards (quoted again below).

Guest Crymson

Samuelsson was signed in 2012.

You were saying?

Not surprised again to say the least

Honestly I was a bit surprised. Eaves doesn't cost much and is a decent player. I thought someone might have grabbed him.

I guess it shows how fans tend to overvalue players on their team, especially ones they like.

Samuelsson was signed in 2012.

You were saying?

He is very obviously referring to Cleary, as was the original post you quoted.

So knock it off with the trolling.

Not too too surprised. I still think there are a handful of bottom-dwellers that would like a guy like Eaves. But I also feel like those teams don't want to blow their highly seeded position in the waiver queue on a guy like Eaves in case someone better comes along.

its not fantasy sports, it doesnt work that way

I was hoping that Eaves would have got taken. Starting to show how little some of our players are worth in this salary rollback market we are in. Ken Holland will have to do a much better job when passing out contracts to bottom 6 players that can easily be replaced for nothing. ei Cleary