• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Patrick Eaves on Waivers

Rate this topic

Exactly. And once that team claims a player off of waivers, they move to the back of the line. Correct?

No, it's always based off of records. Worst record gets the claim.

Exactly. And once that team claims a player off of waivers, they move to the back of the line. Correct?

This "line" you speak of is the standings. There is no limit on waiver pickups.

For reference: if 10 players were placed on waivers today, Buffalo would have first dibs on all 10 of them.

Waiver Priority

If more than one team puts in a claim on a player during the waiver period, then the team with the higher waiver priority's claim is accepted.

If the claim is before November 1, waiver priority is based on the previous year's standings, with the team with the worst record having first priority and the team with the best record having last priority.

If the claim is after November 1, waiver priority is based on the current year's standings, defined as the lowest percentage of possible points.

Waivers Guide

Edited by Son of a Wing

Two waived players and two players no one else wants. I like Tootoo (Eaves is a plug) but this waiver trend is worrisome. Does Ken Holland really know how to evaluate talent and value?

Yes he does that's why he waived players he knew would clear. Probably been trying to trade all these guys first

For people wanting to know our final cap situation and when Nyquist can come up. Capgeek officially tweeted this:

With current roster maintained, we will have enough to call up Nyquist in mid-January (no sooner) OR have 2mil in total space at the deadline if he's not recalled.

Source

Yes he does that's why he waived players he knew would clear. Probably been trying to trade all these guys first

Wow, that's backasswards. Kenny waived players he knew would clear AFTER he signed them to deals that would clear.

In other words, you're saying that Holland is a good judge of the bad contracts he's offered.

1. Sign a player to a bad deal

2. Waive said player knowing he will clear

3. Profit

That's being a good judge of talent and value?

Guest Playmaker

Wow, that's backasswards. Kenny waived players he knew would clear AFTER he signed them to deals that would clear.

In other words, you're saying that Holland is a good judge of the bad contracts he's offered.

1. Sign a player to a bad deal

2. Waive said player knowing he will clear

3. Profit

That's being a good judge of talent and value?

I agree, actually it's 3 players he's waived if you count Emmerton. So nobody will take them for free, but yet people expect we can trade them for something?

I was so geeked after the playoffs last year, thinking the Wings finally "got it" and we were going to go with the young players and we'd buy out some of the bad deals and move forward to a bright future. This seems like a totally lost season, based solely on bad management decisions. We have a ton of salary and players being shed from the books this summer, but to do what with? We had a similar situation in 2012, and we have nothing to show for it. I have no expectations that the Wings will make smart decisions with the roster and cap room. Especially when I read things like Cleary had been offered a three year deal and Flip was offered a 7 year deal. I just can't even imagine the thought process behind this.

Well, he cleared Waivers. Sounds like he will be with the Griffins for a while, if not until the end of the season or his contract.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_forward_patrick_eave_3.html

Just a few hours late to the party... but yes that Griffins team is looking DEEP lol

For people wanting to know our final cap situation and when Nyquist can come up. Capgeek officially tweeted this:

With current roster maintained, we will have enough to call up Nyquist in mid-January (no sooner) OR have 2mil in total space at the deadline if he's not recalled.

Source

Prediction

Trade deadline day: "Nyquist is our trade deadline acquisition"

After leading the league in games lost to injury last year, I can understand why they did. Hindsights 20/20 on that one.

Samuelsson was still completely unnecessary. Nyquist, Andersson and Tatar were all NHL ready at forward. Which makes bringing Cleary and someone like Miller back this season even more perplexing.