• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

According to Ted Kulfan, Eaves found out he had been waived from reporters. If true that really sucks.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#22 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

According to Ted Kulfan, Eaves found out he had been waived from reporters. If true that really sucks.

If true, Holland isn't as classy as they make him out to be

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

I really hope that's not true.

I've always like Eaves.  The guy competes and has come through a lot to keep playing but now is paying the price for Holland's missteps.  That being said, Holland should've never signed both him and Miller.

#24 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Everyone else knows before he does? Hope that is not the case and if so, wow. So unprofessional
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#25 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

All this for Dan Cleary and his 1 goal.

Just like the Sammy signing we all saw this coming. Literally every single one of us. It's insane.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#26 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just checking to make sure I'm thinking right:  Tootoo can still be sent down since he's cleared, so this waiving Eaves is more for cap constraints than roster constraints.  Is this right?  Or are they planning on getting rid of Eaves or sending him down if he passes through and maybe bringing up Nyquist?  Or is it something else that I'm not getting?

#27 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Just checking to make sure I'm thinking right:  Tootoo can still be sent down since he's cleared, so this waiving Eaves is more for cap constraints than roster constraints.  Is this right?  Or are they planning on getting rid of Eaves or sending him down if he passes through and maybe bringing up Nyquist?  Or is it something else that I'm not getting?

I've heard it's to accommodate Ericsson returning, but I can't imagine that's true. They said the same thing about waiving Tootoo. I honestly don't know what's going on anymore. No rhyme or reason to anything this team does. Hence, Cleary in and Tatar out tomorrow. I can't imagine Nyquist will be up anytime soon.

#28 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

Samuelsson's no-trade clause = he can pick somewhere between 8-12 teams he doesn't want to be traded to. It is NOT a no-movement clause.

If this is the case why is he not on the trade block? I know takers would be hard to find but I have never read that he has been asked for a list.

#29 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

If true, Holland lost a lot more points in my book than he already has over the last few years. It's one thing to struggle in free agency and replacing players, it's another to just be this lacking in class.

And this is awful. I love Eaves. Injuries haven't helped him the last couple seasons, but the guy has a lot of fight in him and a fair amount of skill. It'll be a shame to see him go. But it's okay, we still have Samuellson, who we can't reasonably trade or waive. Good job, Holland. Keep up the good work, best GM in the league.

-Elliot

#30 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

If true, Holland lost a lot more points in my book than he already has over the last few years. It's one thing to struggle in free agency and replacing players, it's another to just be this lacking in class.

And this is awful. I love Eaves. Injuries haven't helped him the last couple seasons, but the guy has a lot of fight in him and a fair amount of skill. It'll be a shame to see him go. But it's okay, we still have Samuellson, who we can't reasonably trade or waive. Good job, Holland. Keep up the good work, best GM in the league.

Apparently that is what happened:

“I didn’t even know,” said Eaves after practice, who’s in the final year of his contract. “I knew I wasn’t playing. I just found out from you guys.”

http://redwingsfront..._medium=twitter

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

All this for Dan Cleary and his 1 goal.

Just like the Sammy signing we all saw this coming. Literally every single one of us. It's insane.

But that goal was NICE.  I'm seriously being sarcastically serious.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#32 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Apparently that is what happened:

“I didn’t even know,” said Eaves after practice, who’s in the final year of his contract. “I knew I wasn’t playing. I just found out from you guys.”

http://redwingsfront..._medium=twitter

Well, that is just s***ty.

I was annoyed with Ken Holland before, and have been for some time, but this is the first time that I've started to just not like him. It's not just that it's s***ty to not tell the player, but the whole reason this is happening is because he's made so many blatantly awful signings. Then when a hard working guy with a great attitude is affected by it, you create a situation that allows him to find out he's getting waived by the press. That's just another s***ty thing to do after a slew of bad decisions.

Edited by gcom007, 14 November 2013 - 01:27 PM.

-Elliot

#33 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

The move is to fit Ericsson & Smith back on the roster which could happen as early as tomorrow for both.  Moving both Tootoo & Eaves to GR doesn't free up enough cap space to bring up Nyquist from the coverage I've seen.

#34 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

that makes me feel really bad, that Patty found out from reporters.  What is going on with this franchise?   So not Wing-like...  :nervous:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#35 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Well, that is just s***ty.

I was annoyed with Ken Holland before, and have been for some time, but this is the first time that I've started to just not like him. It's not just that it's s***ty to not tell the player, but the whole reason this is happening is because he's made so many blatantly awful signings. Then when a hard working guy with a great attitude is affected by it, you create a situation that allows him to find out he's getting waived by the press. That's just another s***ty thing to do after a slew of bad decisions.

that makes me feel really bad, that Patty found out from reporters.  What is going on with this franchise?   So not Wing-like...  :nervous:

I know, Patty has always seemed to have a great attitude and done everything asked of him and then to not even let him know in person before hand. Unbelievable.

#36 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I've seen some speculation that there are around 3 teams that might be interested, including Chicago.

I hope someone claims him tbh he should play. Although wasn't there speculation about Tootoo being claimed too? 

#37 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

If a players clears waivers can we bring them up and down from GR at will?

#38 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

If a players clears waivers can we bring them up and down from GR at will?

For 10 games or 24 days, I believe.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#39 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

From reporters? Really? Did they lose his email address?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#40 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

I hope someone claims him tbh he should play. Although wasn't there speculation about Tootoo being claimed too? 

All the comments I saw on Tootoo's waiver was that no teams would be willing to pick up 2 years at $1.9m each.