• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukToZetterberg

Cleary in, Tatar out against Caps

Rate this topic

I was hoping no one would say these words. Because we said these same words last season, and even as recently as this past summer. And some of us even managed to convince ourselves that it was absolutely, positively going to happen. Because, how could it not?

I thought the fact that Helm had to start in GR to start the 2008-2009 season was unbelievably ridiculous.

It's only gotten worse from there. Nothing seems to make sense anymore when it comes to prospects.

So babcock thought we played a great game against winnipeg, so he decides to scratch tatar for cleary? Makes sense....

The way Babcock sees it is we played a great game IN SPITE of the fact we were without the services of the incredulous Cleary. We're bound to win if he's in the lineup. lol

So babcock thought we played a great game against winnipeg, so he decides to scratch tatar for cleary? Makes sense....

Did you not hear/read him say "Im Dan Cleary's biggest fan"? That tells me a lot and i'm sure it says volumes to our young guys. I would not be surprised if Gus and Tatar asked to be traded.

Edited by Red Crazy

I havent read any of this thread but, I giveup. I leave all my belongings to anyone but babs n kenny. Im so distraught by this move that lifes become too much to bare. Spread my ashes on the ice of the joe, where dan cleary will trip, fall, score a goal and remain in the lineup until we lose in the first round. RIP. RedWang.

Whether you liked him or not, I think Babs has decided that Tots is a Huder 2.0.

He's critical and a bit impatiet with the Tatar.....I am glad we have Tom Renney because you constantly Renney patting the young guys on the back, giving them praise.

PS- Hey Babs....Hudler playing top line minutes with the right line mates and has a 19 points on the season.....are you paying attention Babs???

Whether you liked him or not, I think Babs has decided that Tots is a Huder 2.0.

He's critical and a bit impatiet with the Tatar.....I am glad we have Tom Renney because you constantly Renney patting the young guys on the back, giving them praise.

PS- Hey Babs....Hudler playing top line minutes with the right line mates and has a 19 points on the season.....are you paying attention Babs???

Hudler is a top line guy on the Flames. Easily the weakest forward grouping in the NHL. He's a 2nd/3rd line scoring forward on most other teams. Great support player, but definitely not a go to guy.

Great on him though. Happy to see him doing well. He won't see that kind of time on a contender though. There's a reason for that.

I agree Renney has a key role on our bench as well.

I wonder if Holland's approval rating is higher than Obama's at this point?

I don't trust either Holland or Babcock at this point in the year 2013. Don't care what they've accomplished in the past. I don't trust them here and now to make good roster decisions, trades or free agent signings. They've made awful moves and personnel decisions the last few seasons that were avoidable.

I wonder if Holland's approval rating is higher than Obama's at this point?

I don't trust either Holland or Babcock at this point in the year 2013. Don't care what they've accomplished in the past. I don't trust them here and now to make good roster decisions, trades or free agent signings. They've made awful moves and personnel decisions the last few seasons that were avoidable.

It'd be nice to see them bring in another "hockey mind" into the front office. Especially after losing Nill. I'm not saying fire anybody but get a fresh perspective.

It'd be nice to see them bring in another "hockey mind" into the front office. Especially after losing Nill. I'm not saying fire anybody but get a fresh perspective.

Holland and Babcock are great hockey minds, but they seem to be losing their minds. Certainly losing their touch.

Maybe it's one of those situations where being too long in the same place creates a stale environment.

Hudler is a top line guy on the Flames. Easily the weakest forward grouping in the NHL. He's a 2nd/3rd line scoring forward on most other teams. Great support player, but definitely not a go to guy.

Great on him though. Happy to see him doing well. He won't see that kind of time on a contender though. There's a reason for that.

I agree Renney has a key role on our bench as well.

Yet he's got 6 times more points than Cleary... Since he's on a non-contender team shouldn't he still have crap for points?

Holland and Babcock are great hockey minds, but they seem to be losing their minds. Certainly losing their touch.

Maybe it's one of those situations where being too long in the same place creates a stale environment.

Judging from an outsider's perspective I can totally understand why Babcock's approach and overall coaching style can eventually lead to eye rolls and having players tuned out.

Which again (as Motown4013 stated), makes the role of Renney and the assistants just that much more important. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Blashill. (who I'm a big fan of)

No one responded to your trolling in the Weiss thread so you decided to try it here?

Actually I posted this one first. How is this trolling? You said something bashing Hudler and I simply stated facts. Your post was more trollish than mine.

Edit: Hudler is 17th in the league in points. I don't care what kind of team he's on. He's still playing against top lines in the league and doing really well, and this is coming from someone who hated Hudler when he was here.

Edited by Lonewuhf

Holland and Babcock should be apologizing to the fans, also to Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Hopefully we wont trade away our middle of the pack draft pick this year for an extra second round pick like we do every year. I've also noticed that Babcock wants to play a certain way. A way that a lot of the league is playing, and playing successful. The only difference is that he's continuously provided the wrong types of players to the point where it almost seems like he's handcuffed and obliged to play these incompetent players. His overly optimistic attitude and unwarranted praise for low end players seems a little bit fishy to me. I'm glad he's not Tortorella, but I also feel like there's a loaded gun being pointed at him every time he wants to say whats really on his mind. I'd love to play for Babcock, maybe not so much Ken Holland and the Illitch maf..........ya get where I'm going with this.

If we make the playoffs, we'll see Nyquist. I just hope the general fan super savior pressure that is expected doesn't turn him into public enemy number 1 when he doesn't perform. (which I hope he does)

Edited by CMatt89

Everything about this is 100% correct. Tatar is OBVIOUSLY a very skilled and gifted player. IMHO Under proper circumstances he could really excel in this league.

Guest Crymson

I don't know why Babcock continues trying to get Cleary going when it's obvious to all that Cleary's time as a productive player ended two seasons ago. The guy is still all heart, but heart cannot compensate for a total lack of physical acumen.

Marsh: Do you know something about big business (NHL) decisions?

Babcock: Oh yes, roster decisions are a big deal -->

Phase 1: Play my bff's despite effort

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Points?

In all seriousness I think Tatar and Nyquist are showing a lot of class, I am sure some other players would have told their manager to make it clear, that they are open for a trade.

Edited by frankgrimes

Marsh: Do you know something about big business (NHL) decisions?

Babcock: Oh yes, roster decisions are a big deal -->

Phase 1: Play my bff's despite effort

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Points?

In all seriousness I think Tatar and Nyquist are showing a lot of class, I am sure some other players would have told their manager to make it clear, that they are open for a trade.

For sure, it's like they have to mind f*** the kids and if they can withstand.Then they are safe for the next 15-30 years.

Edited by ben_usmc

I don't know why Babcock continues trying to get Cleary going when it's obvious to all that Cleary's time as a productive player ended two seasons ago. The guy is still all heart, but heart cannot compensate for a total lack of physical acumen.

You know it's a bad call when even Crymson's on the hate train.

Someone mentioned Blashill. I friggin' love that guy, and would probably take him over Babs at this point. He's the second coming of Mike Babcock (the good Mike Babcock who did good things, not the evil/stupid Mike Babcock who does bad things).