• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukToZetterberg

Cleary in, Tatar out against Caps

Rate this topic

In all seriousness I think Tatar and Nyquist are showing a lot of class, I am sure some other players would have told their manager to make it clear, that they are open for a trade.

Does that really count for anything tangible, though? Or is it just one of those hollow moral victory things? This is, of course, an organization that basically expects its players to take it up the butt in return for (a chance at) Stanley Cup contention. Which looks like kind of a silly business model these days when you realize we haven't been past the second round in about 85 years (time being a relative thing in this case).

Guest Playmaker

Those teams have had the luxury of having high draft picks..seems to be the only way to get a solid core group of players is to tank for 5 years.

Those teams also have the luxury of not having a coach and GM that still think it's 2002. You can't build a winning team by signing old vet after old vet. It doesn't make sense financially or on the ice. Does anyone recall what the Blackhawks did when they were up against the Cap after their first Cup win? Made a huge trade and shed salary and added young players and as a result when winning the Cup again last year, had Kane and Toews as their "old guys"

They may not have superstars in the minors, but there's clearly NHL quality talent there, with more on the way. Some very, very poor decisions of late by Holland and Babcock.

The good news is with Ericsson back, Babcock split up the terrible pairing of Quincey and Kindl.

Dekeyser will be with Quincey, and Kindl will be playing more protected minutes on the bottom pair with Lashoff. So hopefully the D will be more stable. Or at least less terrifying to watch.

Any pairing involving Quincey seems to be no good.

Hopefully we wont trade away our middle of the pack draft pick this year for an extra second round pick like we do every year.

Why? Its been one of his most successful tactics. It got us Ferraro, Tatar and Nestrasil in 2009. Jurco, Oullet and Sproul in 2011 in what may turn out to be our best draft since 1989. And this summer, we still got Mantha after trading down, plus Nastasiuk and Nephtuzzi.

Just because Kenny re-signed Cleary and can't bring Nyquist up because he screwed the roster up so bad, doesn't mean that everything he does is wrong.

Why? Its been one of his most successful tactics. It got us Ferraro, Tatar and Nestrasil in 2009. Jurco, Oullet and Sproul in 2011 in what may turn out to be our best draft since 1989. And this summer, we still got Mantha after trading down, plus Nastasiuk and Nephtuzzi.

Just because Kenny re-signed Cleary and can't bring Nyquist up because he screwed the roster up so bad, doesn't mean that everything he does is wrong.

I understand where you're coming from, but prospects to the red wings are like old guys to other teams. They really mean nothing until they mean something.

But what we do with those extra prospects is a separate issue again. The tactic of trading mid-late 1st round picks for extra 2nd round picks has proved successful - we have lots of quality young players because of it.

The tactic of burying those large numbers of quality young players in the minors is proving un-successful.

If we'd kept those mid-late first rounders and not traded down, those mid-late first rounders would still be stuck in the minors.

But hey, at least its brought us a Calder Cup I guess....

The sad thing is that I have to go see the game tonight knowing that Cleary is in. Why not hit me up with that info when I'm stuck in my seat at the Joe?

Going to games has become an obligation lately. Especially since I can't remember the last time they won a game at home.

I don't know whose blame (Coach or GM) so I'll stick with blaming Quincey.

people are so quick to judge

I think when I shelled out $$$ for tickets and have to sit through loss after loss, I'm at least entitled to a little complaining. I love the team but it's not exactly fun sitting at the Joe watching them lose in over time or regular time to teams like Dallas.

And I think we're seeing a pretty significant pattern that's not exactly a snap judgement.

people are so quick to judge

"After being a healthy scratch last game, Daniel Cleary will return to the Wings lineup against the Washington Capitals Friday, replacing Tomas Tatar.

When I looked at our lineup (Tuesday) I thought that was a spot I felt we could have been better so he gets an opportunity to watch, Wings coach Mike Babcock said. Hell get back in."

That was from George Malik

You're right. I have no idea how anyone could ever interpret that to mean that Babcock was planning to sit tatar.

Edited by The Greek

"After being a healthy scratch last game, Daniel Cleary will return to the Wings lineup against the Washington Capitals Friday, replacing Tomas Tatar.

When I looked at our lineup (Tuesday) I thought that was a spot I felt we could have been better so he gets an opportunity to watch, Wings coach Mike Babcock said. Hell get back in."

That was from George Malik

You're right. I have no idea how anyone could ever interpret that to mean that Babcock was planning to sit tatar.

So Babcock wants Tatar to be more like Cleary. Oh God.

I give up.

EDIT: You might want to look at this:

Tatar: 11 GP, 2 G, 1 A +1, 10% shooting accuracy, generates scoring chances and provides speed.

Cleary: 18 GP, 1 G, 2 A +1, 4% shooting accuracy, slow, falls down, loses the puck, never generates anything, usually breaks up his own offensive play.

Which do you think addresses our needs more? Regardless of whether Tatar hasn't looked great, benching isn't going to help. We need to just ice a consistent team so they can generate chemistry. All players go through rough patches. Tatar's sub-par handful of games is better than Cleary's two years.

Cleary's average time on ice is higher too and he's had more top 6 time. Just to hammer the point home. Tatar is much more the player we need. Cleary's time has passed.

Tatar apparently only played because Alfredsson was injured. And I bet he'll sit one of the next few games, too. Enough rotating of players. Cleary hurts the team, and Sammy has been fairly neutral. Not good, and not helpful, but he's not hurting. We've played enough to start rolling with a consistent roster.

Tatar apparently only played because Alfredsson was injured. And I bet he'll sit one of the next few games, too. Enough rotating of players. Cleary hurts the team, and Sammy has been fairly neutral. Not good, and not helpful, but he's not hurting. We've played enough to start rolling with a consistent roster.

Tatar was put in the lineup when they sent Glendening down yesterday afternoon. Scratching Alfredsson left them with only 11 forwards for the game. I did hear Mick say Tatar was in for Alfredsson, but that was incorrect.