• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Tatar didn't just play in the game; he was also given 16 minutes of ice time, good for #6 on the team and substantially more than Cleary received.

#102 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Tatar didn't just play in the game; he was also given 16 minutes of ice time, good for #6 on the team and substantially more than Cleary received.

Good. He deserves those minutes

#103 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Has Babs put Franzen, Alfie, and Tatar on a line together yet? I'm interested to see is they could be a formidable second line, and allow Helm to center the 3rd line.

#104 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Has anyone considered Babcock knew along that Alfie wasn't going to play and used it as motivation for Tatar?

He does have a degree in sports psychology.

Has Babs put Franzen, Alfie, and Tatar on a line together yet? I'm interested to see is they could be a formidable second line, and allow Helm to center the 3rd line.

Both Franzen and the Wings have stated they like him more on the wing.  I don't see him returning to center anytime soon.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#105 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Has anyone considered Babcock knew along that Alfie wasn't going to play and used it as motivation for Tatar?

He does have a degree in sports psychology.

No... Tatar was inserted in the lineup when Glendening was sent down... BEFORE Alfredsson was scratched!

#106 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

No... Tatar was inserted in the lineup when Glendening was sent down... BEFORE Alfredsson was scratched!

Touché

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#107 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, pretty sure they rolled with 17 forwards last night, that's what Ken said at the start anyways.  I couldn't believe we didn't have an extra body in Detroit to play.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#108 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

Good. He deserves those minutes

Agreed. That said, I believe that---as with Brunner---he is currently best suited to a third-line role with power play time. He suffers against prime opposition.

#109 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

If the line of Franzen, Helm, and Tatar keep producing well, it would mean more and more nights off for Dan Cleary...or at least a demotion to the fourth line once everyone gets healthy.  I can most definitely live with that.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#110 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

just keep helm tatar and mule together on line 2 even when wiess and alf come back. that line has been great and helm and tatars hard work seem to be rubbing off on mule.

#111 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Agreed. That said, I believe that---as with Brunner---he is currently best suited to a third-line role with power play time. He suffers against prime opposition.

I'm sorry,but we allowed 7 goals in last 2 games and Tatar has 2 assists and +2 rating while getting the 2nd line minutes,so he can continue to suffer that way.