• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Versteeg traded to Chicago

Rate this topic

Guest mjtm77

How many current Panthers are ex-Wings? There's Matthias (we drafted him in the second round, 2006), Fleischmann (second round, 2002), Kopecky (second round, 2000)...am I forgetting someone? I know Bert and Sammy had stints there....

weiss

How many current Panthers are ex-Wings? There's Matthias (we drafted him in the second round, 2006), Fleischmann (second round, 2002), Kopecky (second round, 2000)...am I forgetting someone? I know Bert and Sammy had stints there....

Listen, let's not even bring up Kopecky being brought back here. Samuelsson was bad, Kopecky coming back... I don't know if I could watch the team anymore :lol:

Well this summer CHI will have 3 forward spots to fill, plus a back up goal-tending spot to fill, with just over 500K in cap space available.

Cap is going back up. Speculated around 69-70mil. They're gonna be just fine especially since it's the very bottom of their roster they have to fill out. They will have money to spare.

Cap is going back up. Speculated around 69-70mil. They're gonna be just fine especially since it's the very bottom of their roster they have to fill out. They will have money to spare.

Well if that's the case, we have just 3 more spots to fill than they do, and we'll have 25 million in cap room. Compared to their 6 million we'll have a much better opportunity to chase someone big to bolster our top 6 and Defense corps

I'm not saying he didn't screw up, but saying OMG why weren't we in on the Versteeg trade carries a fairly obvious answer. There is no rabbit to be pulled out of the hat.

I don't think anyone called for Holland to be in on Versteeg. We are just wondering why Holland never swings these seemingly easy deals. Not just this week, but in general the past few years.

I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants to make a (fair) trade with us. That's probably what comes with being generally regarded as THE BEST GM EVAR for 10+ years. I mean, think about it - how many GMs have probably had their fans screaming, "Why can't you be like Ken Holland?! It works for the Red Wings, so why not us?!" for God-knows-how-long? Maybe now they get to stick it to Mr. BEST GM EVAR and his oh-so-special Red Wings?

Or maybe Holland is just lazy and complacent. Not that I could necessarily blame him...

"Sooo, I can A) Do a lot of hard work and make several million dollars, or B) Not do a lot of hard work...and make several million dollars. Hmmm...."

It's more like this:

Holland: I want to make a trade

GM of other team: What do you have in mind?

H: A top 6 forward and a top 4 Dman

GM: And what would you offer in return?

H: Tootoo, Eaves and Samuelson

GM: Click

*Later that day*

Secretary: Dan Cleary on line one

Holland: Put him through

Cleary: Ken lets talk

H: Yes Mr Cleary! How does a new contract sound?

(Seriously, does Cleary have the goods on Holland? I'm betting there are polaroids involved)

Well if that's the case, we have just 3 more spots to fill than they do, and we'll have 25 million in cap room. Compared to their 6 million we'll have a much better opportunity to chase someone big to bolster our top 6 and Defense corps

Absolutely. We will have a ton of cap space with a good deal of our players already locked up.

I would say It's quite possibly the greatest opportunity in years for us to bolster our lineup and make a run.

Holland will have to be bold for the first time in years. Take a risk for once. Alas, I'm not getting my hopes up too much with his record in recent years.

Absolutely. We will have a ton of cap space with a good deal of our players already locked up.

I would say It's quite possibly the greatest opportunity in years for us to bolster our lineup and make a run.

Holland will have to be bold for the first time in years. Take a risk for once. Alas, I'm not getting my hopes up too much with his record in recent years.

After re-signing all our young players (and Cleary) It's looking like we'll have something like 8-12 million left over, depending on the different contacts. Unfortunately that 8-12 will probably be split between Alfredsson, Bertuzzi, and Quincey :(

I can't see Quincey coming back. Alfredsson is welcome back I'm sure. He's been doing well, if not tearing up the nets, and he adds even more leadership. Having half of your top six be Alfredsson, Zetterberg and Datsyuk is not a bad thing, especially come playoffs. Imagine someone like Tatar playing with and learning from Alfredsson, instead of Cleary (as Babcock implied in his comments earlier).

Three reasons players go to Florida:

1.They get drafted there

2. They're going to retire there

3.They're cashing in on a fat pay day that they haven't earned so the team can hit the cap floor.

fixed :P agreed though. I don't think we'll ever see a day where players go there to win..

chicago working to make a cup winning team better

holland sitting on his thumbs after re-signing useless vets and burying nhl-ready players in the minors

quite the contrast

Pretty hard to argue with this statement. Fact is, Tatar should not be a scratch and Nyquist should be a Wing.

I can't see Quincey coming back. Alfredsson is welcome back I'm sure. He's been doing well, if not tearing up the nets, and he adds even more leadership. Having half of your top six be Alfredsson, Zetterberg and Datsyuk is not a bad thing, especially come playoffs. Imagine someone like Tatar playing with and learning from Alfredsson, instead of Cleary (as Babcock implied in his comments earlier).

Tatar-Helm-Alfredsson for it's short time was the best our 2nd line has been all year.