• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

GDT: Capitals 4 @ Red Wings 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Jimmy Howard needs to sit for a few games... he just is not cutting it for me. He is given another 2 goal lead to work with and again he blows it. And then he lets in another 5 hole breakaway goal in the shootout.

He is not the reason we lost, but he is not playing as good as he needs to be and has lost way too many games in a row. Let him sit and watch, change things up and put Monster in. If Monster gets us the W tomorrow, keep on rolling with him.

Yeah, maybe he'd do better if all of the other team's shooters would just skate up and hand him the puck like ours do.

Send them all to Grand Rapids (sorry, Griffs fans) and let the kids play. Jurco with a hattie tonight. They at least know how to score goals!!

Ya we were discussing it, switching between games. They had pure domination tonight, for the most part.

Griffins could be fielding a better team and if the Wings lose Z or D...Griffs would probably beat them.

Mediocrity has overtaken this franchise since 2009. Holland is far too complacent and Babcock's message seems to be wearing thin.

If you are going to be average, can't we at least do it with Nyquist and start incorporating valuable pieces of the future more?

Edited by GoWings1905

This is ******* horrible. No other way to put it. I think it's just time to accept this team is on the decline. It is what it is. They're most likely going to lose tomorrow as well. I swear to God I was numb when it went to OT. I really didn't care at that point if they won or lost.

This isf****** horrible. No other way to put it. I think it's just time to accept this team is on the decline. It is what it is. They're most likely going to lose tomorrow as well. I swear to God I was numb when it went to OT. I really didn't care at that point if they won or lost.

Yeah I kind of felt the same way.

If you have a 3-1 lead going into the third you should be able to close it out but apparently they all turn into a bunch of Jose Valverdes.

I really thought this team could get to the conference finals this year but that hope is definitely in a valley period right now.

Years from now, when I'm a drunken hobo living on the streets, I'm gonna see someone I used to know, before I was a drunken hobo living on the streets.

And that someone is gonna say to me:

"Holy s***! I know you! What the hell happened to you, man?!"

And I'll look him in the eyes.

And I'll say one word:

"Howard."

And then I'll die.

Years from now, when I'm a drunken hobo living on the streets, I'm gonna see someone I used to know, before I was a drunken hobo living on the streets.

And that someone is gonna say to me:

"Holy s***! I know you! What the hell happened to you, man?!"

And I'll look him in the eyes.

And I'll say one word:

"Howard."

And then I'll die.

I do blame this loss on jimmys complete inability to hold a lead. Dude is not the future. $35 million for what?

Well, you could look at these results as growing pains. And also realize that the Wings, even with their troubles, have not been that far off from a stellar record. There are a lot of inexperienced guys on thisroster, and inexperienced guys struggle to play under pressure (aka close tight games). There's a lot of little things missing from this team (Alfie tonight, Nyquist, accountability from the vets, rediuclous line juggling by Babs, disorganized player management by Kenny, etc.) If a few things are corrected (Babs sticks with solid pairings, a vet or two steps up, Nyquist comes...) then that might be enough to push the team over the OT loss hump such that they could start converting these games into two point wins. I don't think the current situation is as grim as it seemed last year when it looked like we wouldn't make the playoffs. Shouldn't this team be "better" than the team last year? Why wouldn't they be? But yeah, I am aghast at the horrible defense by Quincey/Smith, the nonsensical management and coaching, and the lack of overall team effort on most nights. To me things are both horrible and not so horrible at the same time.

Edited by themcityblues