• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#21 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

I like to think our commitment to defense will stifle Ovechkin. But he'll probably score, like, four goals. Also, there'll be some kid playing his first game, and he'll be eighteen years old and he literally won't have any eyes, but he'll score his first AND SECOND career NHL goals - the second one being an OT dagger. (Franzen will score five goals, then go eighteen games without a point.)

And hell have one arm, and a peg leg.

#22 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Which would support my theory that He is a bit overrated and not nearly as almighty as every seems to think.

Obligatory "in defense of God" post.  Now, before this all gets out of hand, can we all agree that each of us believes differently and go on with hockey?

I think the Wings will win just because they're sick of losing.

Wings 3: (Kronner, Miller, Z)

Caps 2: Ovechkin

#23 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Go Wings !

#24 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

I've had enough of this top line scoring 2 goals, shutting down opposition top line, but losing 3-2 malarky.

And so has Pavel.  Tonight he has a goal and 13 assists as the Wings win 14-3. 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I just want Pavs to get his regular season hat-trick dammit.

Edited by rrasco, 15 November 2013 - 05:18 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#26 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

If I had kids, I would sacrifice one of them for a win tonight. Haha, please Wings pull this one out. I don't care if Cleary and Samuelsson both get hat tricks and permanently stay in the line up please just win. LGRW!

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

If I had kids, I would sacrifice one of them for a win tonight. Haha, please Wings pull this one out. I don't care if Cleary and Samuelsson both get hat tricks and permanently stay in the line up please just win. LGRW!

I will find a cleary jersey and burn it for a win tonight. I'm sure Babs would sacrifice Tatar for a win tonight. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm stuck in Toronto airport and can probably only watch the 1st period on Gamecenter, so hopefully when I land back in Winnipeg (thank god!) the Wings have already won the game.  

My prediction, 4-3 Wings.  Dats and Ovie both get hat tricks and Z gets the winner.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#29 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm stuck in Toronto airport and can probably only watch the 1st period on Gamecenter, so hopefully when I land back in Winnipeg (thank god!) the Wings have already won the game.  

My prediction, 4-3 Wings.  Dats and Ovie both get hat tricks and Z gets the winner.

Pearson is quite the place!

I agree with you on the hat tricks, however I think Ian White scores the winner!

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I agree with you on the hat tricks, however I think Ian White scores the winner!

Did I forget to mention that Danny Cleary assists all 7 goals and gets 1st star of the game and Babcock carries him out on his shoulders?  Now you all know.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#31 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Babs obsession with cleary makes me want to rip my hair out. Hes the most useless godawful waste of salary/roster space ive ever seen. Hands down the worst player in the NHL. Dont give me any of this "heart and soul" bullcrap.Hes a washed up scrub and needs to be shot. Gah that felt good to let out.

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

It just occurred to me that I've been wandering enemy territory in my Helm shirt and my Reebok Wings windbreaker.  I haven't got jumped yet, more to follow.  2 hours till boarding time.  yay!

Free darkmanx!

#33 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

hmm the caps? so as long as our top line outscores their top line we should win, right? :P 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#34 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

hmm the caps? so as long as our top line outscores their top line we should win, right? :P

Our top line has to outscore the other team entirely.  Our secondary scoring is……nope.

Free darkmanx!

#35 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Our top line has to outscore the other team entirely.  Our secondary scoring isnope.

I think the joke was that the caps also have hot garbage for secondary scoring.
They live and die on the back of gr8.
On a sidenote.
I wonder why monster hasn't played yet.

#36 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

It just occurred to me that I've been wandering enemy territory in my Helm shirt and my Reebok Wings windbreaker.  I haven't got jumped yet, more to follow.  2 hours till boarding time.  yay!

It's ok, I just like to remind the Leaf fans that heckle me of how many Stanley Cups I got to witness in my lifetime.

I think the joke was that the caps also have hot garbage for secondary scoring.
They live and die on the back of gr8.
On a sidenote.
I wonder why monster hasn't played yet.

I don't know about that. Their third line is pretty damn good.

Chimera: 19GP 13P

Grabovski 19GP 17P

Ward 19GP 13P

#37 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Babs obsession with cleary makes me want to rip my hair out. Hes the most useless godawful waste of salary/roster space ive ever seen. Hands down the worst player in the NHL. Dont give me any of this "heart and soul" bullcrap.Hes a washed up scrub and needs to be shot. Gah that felt good to let out.

Yeah, his wife and daughter really deserve that because we're tired of watching him play a game.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#38 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, his wife and daughter really deserve that because we're tired of watching him play a game.

I meant the being shot part in the terms of like when a racehorse breaks its leg (hence clearys legs are gone) and must be shot...not literally....

#39 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

lol so im reading all the comments on this thread and up at the top it says there is 3 pages so i go to the third page but there is nothing and it says page 3 of 2. 

i got a laugh out of that :D :D

anywho....hope wings show up tonight and get 2 points instead of just 1 like they have been getting lately. 

4-2 red wings final score. 

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

This is on the NHL Network, right?

Don't Toews me, bro!