Photo
- - - - -

11/16 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Islanders 5 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#321 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't even remember what it feels like to see my team win a game. Does anyone else remember that feeling?

#322 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is brutal. I miss the way they played those 3 games against Chicago in the playoffs last year

#323 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

Is it time to get rid of Babcock? Seriously asking here, I mean, I like the guy and everything he has done for us. However, this has been bad for awhile now. Should we wait till after the trade deadline? Do it now? Just go with him for the rest of the year?

I wouldn't mind, but many homer posters would ask, "Who would you replace him with that's won more Cups"  (as if we could just hire Al Arbour or Glen Sather).  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#324 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

This team reminds me of the 2nd Major League movie, when the fan kept saying "they'll blow it in the ninth." They just can't hold a f***ing lead.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#325 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

:w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:  Pretty much how I feel right now. I honestly don't know how to act.

#326 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

Reading these comments, you'd think that the Wings weren't tied for third overall in the East.

Seriously, people... this isn't a catastrophe.

#327 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

This team reminds me of the 2nd Major League movie, when the fan kept saying "they'll blow it in the ninth." They just can't hold a f***ing lead.

Except they didn't blow this game.  They hung on for dear life to get a point.  

Last night's game is a different story, however.  

#328 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sadly I'd rank us around 20th in the league as of now. TSN had us there before maybe now don't know but yeah that's where we are about at and it hurts. Dang

#329 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

2 Things:

1. If you don't want to play good enough to win in reg then we better find someone who can score in a shootout.  Tatar?   Helm? Is Kocur around? Terrible

2. When our d decide to play like they did down the stretch and in the playoffs last year this team will improve instantly.  We have made it so difficult to get out of our own end its frustrating..we don't have Lidstrom's and Rafalski's back there to finesse the puck out of our end anymore...get it out easy and go from there.  We pass the puck backwards in our own end 4 times and then turn it over...teams know this and just pressure the s*** out of us. 

As bad as we've been and we've been bad lately these points will be important down the road.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#330 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Reading these comments, you'd think that the Wings weren't tied for third overall in the East.

Seriously, people... this isn't a catastrophe.

If Cleary, Sammy and Bert weren't around, people would at least feel that Babcock and Holland were icing the best roster they had available.  

#331 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

miserable. they can't even lose in regulation... why, oh why they try go to overtime and so?!

#332 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I agree with Crymson while im sick of the losses id rather they come in ot where we are snagging a point

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#333 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

it's like we're in that weird twilighty show, about that zone....

and we keep finding ways to lose games, over and over

someone has put a hex on us

#334 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

it's like we're in that weird twilighty show, about that zone....

and we keep finding ways to lose games, over and over

someone has put a hex on us

Detroit baseball fans can relate to this..it reminds me of when a baseball team brings in it's closer and you just know he's going to blow the save before the first pitch is thrown.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#335 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

:paperbag3:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#336 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

I have a novel idea: Win a damn game in regulation since clearly OT and the shootout aren't going to end in two points.

I feel bad for Z and Pavel. They have to be so frustrated with the lack of help from the supporting cast. Helm has looked terrific at least, but the forwards overall are weak, particularly the bottom-six. Defense desperately needs a puck-mover that can play big minutes and contribute offensively because Quincey and Kindl have been atrocious.

Something has to happen. You can't just keep repeating "we are close to turning things around" after every loss. They may break out of this streak soon, but long-term the resounding issues of this team aren't going away.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#337 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Yo Babs..please stop putting Bertuzzi out on SO's

Yeah because he's been so much worse than our other shooters this season.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#338 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

We were looking much worse last season. Right now we're still in a playoffspot and we don't play terrible hockey. If the Wings are able to fix the problems reagrding transition and passing we're good. And we all know that SOs are not only a matter of skill but also of luck. Sometimes it's just  that little bit of luck thats missing. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#339 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't even know what to say. I have homered my way through all of these losses but there is just no excuse for some of the decisions that are being made. Spare me the "we're too old, we like our team, so-and-so Suckypants is our deadline acquisition" snark--I still believe that *this* team CAN win. They've shown solid periods of play and utter control at times. Why they can't seem to get out of their own heads is BEYOND ME.

I typed up a whole second part to this post, but it felt like a eulogy so I deleted it. Whatever. If this is everything returning to dust, then so be it.

LGW.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#340 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Except they didn't blow this game.  They hung on for dear life to get a point.  

Last night's game is a different story, however.  

They did blow it, after having a 2-1 and a 3-2 lead. They played like crap in the third and Pav's goal was a miracle. Its been 5 straight games of the same garbage. The team is good enough to tie but not win right now. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen