Photo
- - - - -

11/16 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Islanders 5 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#341 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Detroit baseball fans can relate to this..it reminds me of when a baseball team brings in it's closer and you just know he's going to blow the save before the first pitch is thrown.

As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.

#342 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

it's like we're in that weird twilighty show, about that zone....

and we keep finding ways to lose games, over and over

someone has put a hex on us

We haven't won since the Jonas brothers split up. I blame them. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#343 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Hmmm, 25 points in 21 games. Over a full season that's about 100 points. I suddenly feel better.

#344 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Is it possible to go 9-5-67?

#345 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

On the 2nd night of a back-to-back, on the road, with Monster in net I'm fine with 1 point. Of course the problem is right now all we ever get is 1 point so it'd be nice to somehow pull out 2 points in these winnable games. 

I thought overall we played well tonight. 2nd line looks really good, but let's not kid ourselves; that is basically a really good 3rd line, what we need is Alfie, Weiss and Nyquist to give us a 2nd line. Dekeyser had a terrific game, easily our best d-man, and it's great to see how his offensive game is developing. Keep it up and Calder-discussion won't be too far off. 1st line was weak I thought. Neither Pav or Z looked very good imo, and they didn't last game either. But they're chipping in a goal here and there so can't complain too much. Just wish they could lock it down defensively a bit harder. 

Problem I'm seeing is we have too much filler/garbage in the bottom 6. Like I said, Nyquist, Alfie and Weiss should be on a 2nd line and Sammy, Cleary and Andersson should be out of the lineup. 

Monster didn't have a good game but it is what it is. He stepped up in the OT atleast to give us a chance. We need Howard to find his game and steal some wins. 

#346 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.

As a Yankees fan I can't relate, but feel your pain.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#347 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

As much as it sucks right now to lose. 1 point is better than none. Besides wouldn't you rather your team struggle now and get things right early, instead of late in the season. Just sayin. Go Wings, Go Lions.

#348 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

As much as it sucks right now to lose. 1 point is better than none. Besides wouldn't you rather your team struggle now and get things right early, instead of late in the season. Just sayin. Go Wings, Go Lions.

On a positive note they could have won every one of these games, so there's that.

#349 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

[quote name="Phil Lesh" post="2454847" timestamp="1384657663"]
As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.[/quote[quote name="Phil Lesh" post="2454847" timestamp="1384657663"]
As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.[/quote]
Ha, Mets fan here too. Bills fan also....shoot me now.

#350 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Wow, aside from the Red Wings some of you guys have horrible taste in sports teams.  Mets, Bills, Yankess?!?  Yuck.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#351 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

These last couple of games have actually given me some hope. For one, Franzen-Helm-Tatar looks like a line. Mule is good when he's got 2 guys who really hustle. He's streaky but maybe those two with their constant 100% effort can keep him going a little bit most nights. So now we potentially have 2 working lines, all we have to do is try to assemble Weiss, Alfie + scraps into another line that works. Sooner or later all these losses will force Holland to release the Nyquist, and I truly believe he could by himself turn atleast some of these OT/SO losses into wins. And if we start winning some games now we're actually gonna be in great shape because of these 1-point games. Loser points are gonna make us into winners by the end of the year. Maybe.

Edited by dat's sick, 16 November 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#352 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

I like 2 fast guys with Franzen, makes him get his legs going and pick up speed just to keep up :lol:

#353 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Wow, aside from the Red Wings some of you guys have horrible taste in sports teams.  Mets, Bills, Yankess?!?  Yuck.

What are your teams? Tigers? Love me some Valverde, maybe you can do a little dance too.

#354 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

ame="Phil Lesh" post="2454847" timestamp="1384657663"]
As a NY Mets fan this is a sentiment I can relate to.[/quote
Ha, Mets fan here too. Bills fan also....shoot me now.

Taste? Geez, I apologize for liking sports teams that don't fit your requirement. Anyways,I'm a real diehard fan of them all(of course nothing like my love for the Wings) so obviously you can see why I need my Wings to be successful... :confused:

Edited by GoWings!, 16 November 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#355 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

We like our team

#356 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Taste? Geez, I apologize for liking sports teams that don't fit your requirement. Anyways,I'm a real diehard fan of them all(of course nothing like my love for the Wings) so obviously you can see why I need my Wings to be successful... :confused:

I never thought I would agree with a Mets fan. I guess I should look for flying pigs tomorrow.

#357 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Why all the hate for the Mets?

#358 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Why all the hate for the Mets?

I'm a Yankees fan, I got nothing personal against the Mets. I guess it's just instinctual.

#359 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Ah...Yankees fan..I get it. But yea it's your team's town and it's been that way for decades. I'm used to it.

Edited by GoWings!, 16 November 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#360 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Same here, for me it's...

1. WIngs

2. Mets

3. Redskins

4. Hoyas