• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

11/19 GDT: Predators 2 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

You dispute the fact that he playing out of position?

I dunno. He was awful tonight.

I always wanted to see him in a top 6 role. His speed opes up so much room for the other guys. That's why Franzen had 3 goals in the prior 2 games. Helm and Tatar did their thing, created confusion for the other teams Dmen and Franzen was wide open with all day to shoot. If you give Franzen that much time, he buries it. He hasn't had that kind of time in a very long time, hence why he was a complete waste of talent prior to that line being assembled.

Keep in mind as well that 11 forwards dressed. That kills lines' momentum when they get going and then get tossed in the blender. Top 6 should have been as is, and the other 5 should have fought for ice time as a 3rd unit. That may have lit a fire under someone's ass in that group not named Abdelkader, who did his thing, hit and was not bad at all tonight. Andersson, Miller and Cleary are baggage.

Poor Danny. I think we would've played a better series against Chicago if Danny didn't get injured against Anaheim. Then Chicago wouldn't have kept passing to Brendan Smith on purpose just so they can get the puck right back in a better scoring position in our zone. As if things aren't bad enough,we are really gonna miss DD!

I think I'd be ok with Blashill taking Babs' job.

I don't think it's Babs fault as much as it is Hollands. As a coach you want to make the best decisions working with what you have, so why the same roster that OBVIOUSLY isn't working? Does it take 7 games to realize that the lineups suck? Unfortunately I fear Babs would be the scapegoat and be the first to go in the event it comes to a house cleaning.

You people are pathetic excuse for fans. I'm ready for a struggling Red Wings season, it's about time to burn off all this dead wood.

When your favorite band puts out a new album and it sucks and is unbearable to listen to, do you keep playing it over and over again? You keep listening to it or do you go listen to something else?

That hockey was painful to watch.

Edited by T.Low

Here's the thing. With Daniel Cleary, you just need to get him to the playoffs. After that, he picks his game up exponentially. He showed that last season.

so you are completely cool with letting him slow down the entire flow of the game and team for 82 games so he can possibly get slightly better in the playoffs... great

I've seriously started five different posts and couldn't finish them. My brain is pissed off in about ten different directions. s***ty roster, stubborn coach, under performing team, and nobody owning up to anything. I wish I were like many hockey fans and could find a way to just pin this on Bettman. But alas, this is our mess.

On the bright side, Datsyuk will be 36 next year. Ugh.

$4M+ for Ericsson? What a complete joke! There is Holland's dumb-ass loyalty thinking again. He needs to be busy finding a #1 Defenseman, because Kronwall is not it! Kronwall doesn't even hit anymore! Quincey and Kindl are a waste of $6.2M. Quincey better NOT be re-signed and IMO, neither should Ericsson...

The last time the Wings went this long without a win? 1989-90 and what happened then? Missed the playoffs...if that happens Holland should be relieved of his duties...if not sooner.

I am SO mad right now, its unbelievable! I don't even enjoy watching this garbage team...at least in the 80's and early 90's you saw a team of KIDS building together and knew something special was happening. All I see here is rapid, rapid decline...

I don't think it's Babs fault as much as it is Hollands. As a coach you want to make the best decisions working with what you have, so why the same roster that OBVIOUSLY isn't working? Does it take 7 games to realize that the lineups suck? Unfortunately I fear Babs would be the scapegoat and be the first to go in the event it comes to a house cleaning.

Cleary played 14 minutes tonight, including being on the ice at any point in the last 10 minutes... that 14 doesn't include the 4 minutes he put us short handed for his stellar D on that high stick haha... Babcock is at fault, we have been terrible and as much as it sucks... when you lose your number 2 center you need to break up the twins and not make helm play a role thats over his head. We have 0 center depth because he refuses to break them up even when its the most obvious thing ever

What do you mean it's not babs fault? He's the one that plays cleary in stupid situations, the one that scratched Tatar, who sits Tatar in overtime and we obviously get scored on, played Quincey on the second power play unit tonight. Hey babs maybe try out smith on the pp he was only the pp quarterback for the griffins when he was playing well. Babs is doing a terrible job with line combos, special teams lines, and putting young guys in situations to succeed. I for the life of me have never understood why smith has never been give power play time with the big club considering offense is supposed to be the strength of his game

I've seriously started five different posts and couldn't finish them. My brain is pissed off in about ten different directions. s***ty roster, stubborn coach, under performing team, and nobody owning up to anything. I wish I were like many hockey fans and could find a way to just pin this on Bettman. But alas, this is our mess.

On the bright side, Datsyuk will be 36 next year. Ugh.

Here's a post I read on HF about the situation (specifically how bad Quincey is).

Originally Posted by Kyleftlx viewpost.gif

There's something about the way Detroit is currently constructed, whether it's the system or it's just the level of talent on the ice... Quincey produced everywhere else except in Detroit. Weiss produced just fine in Florida. Tootoo was fantastic in Nashville. Samuelsson produced in Vancouver and Florida. Filppula and Hudler leave Detroit, and both of them have produced with new roles on new teams. What is it about Detroit that is killing production? Are these guys mis-used? Do they have a chance to really succeed here? What's the problem, exactly? Quincey may not be a great player, in fact, he may be as awful or even worse than his stats indicate, but why did Detroit acquire him with such a high draft pick if they weren't planning to play to his strengths? Why would they sign Samuelsson if they weren't planning to actually utilize Samuelsson for the two years he was signed? What was the point in bringing Tootoo here if you can't even use him correctly?

I don't know, I think there could be a problem with the current system if every single guy just about that the team brings in just can't seem to actually help the team. These are all guys who have been able to help someone in the past, most cases even just one year previously... there's just something weird about the situation in Detroit.

It's a good point, but I'm not smart enough to know if it's actually valid.

I love Babs. But it really seems like he's losing the locker room, along with his mind. Maybe he's just been here too long. Everyone who's ever played for him and spoken about him has said he's one of those "hard" coaches. Often that kind of style only works for so long.

Him, the team, everything - it feels tired, old, stale. To put it mildly.