• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

11/19 GDT: Predators 2 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Tough to see tough to watch, the last time the DetroitRedWings were an exciting team has been to long ago. The retool/build should have started one year after the last cup run. Nothing wrong with not being a top team anymore but the problems rise up when :

Thr roster has no identitiy - coach and GM responsibility

Kenny and Mike are refusing to ice the best roster

Young guns are held back or in the AHL

Kenny signing guys that aren't useful for a rebuilding - yes I'm calling for a rebuild now - team Scoring 2 goals against the Nashville Predators is just wow.

Edited by frankgrimes

Guest RyaN_84

all i know is someone OTHER then Zetterberg and Datsyuk needs to step up.

I hope wings show up on Thursday.

After watching last nights game - there needs to be some changes.

For the debacle known as the Flyers - at least they goon it up to get the fans outta their seats.

Flyers are hot right now too. I agree though as probably 90% of this forum does as well. Changes do need to be made. But what? I don't see at this point any trades being the real answer.

Do you think Mr. I's poor health could be a factor here? Maybe he'd kept Holland on a shorter leash than we realize. Or, at the very least, there must've been more accountability, when he was healthier, sharper.

I doubt that. Personally, I think Mr. I's direct involvement with the day to day operations of the team has been grossly overestimated over the years to begin with.

I doubt that. Personally, I think Mr. I's direct involvement with the day to day operations of the team has been grossly overestimated over the years to begin with.

Well, I'm not saying Mr. I had a gun to Holland's head and fingers in all his pies. I'm talking more about general accountability. You'd think a losing streak like this, for an organization like this, and coming after years of disappointment (we haven't been past the second round in "ages"), might at least warrant a "Ken, what's going on? This is unacceptable," or something to that effect. I mean, obviously it's kind of a stupid point because we don't really know much at all about Mr. I's "style" when he was younger and healthier, never mind now. But you see where I'm coming from, right?

Edited by Dabura

I'd LOVE to see a "WE WANT NYQUIST" chant at the Joe to go along with the Boos. Holland needs to hear that this is unacceptable.

Last night the people sitting behind us started chanting "Bring Back Cheli". I figured it made sense. If you want old and slow, he's got that. But he actually has some hockey awareness that most of your current Dman lack.

My sign read "I show up for every game, you should too" but we were discouraged from taking it to the ice level during warm up.

Last night the people sitting behind us started chanting "Bring Back Cheli". I figured it made sense. If you want old and slow, he's got that. But he actually has some hockey awareness that most of your current Dman lack.

My sign read "I show up for every game, you should too" but we were discouraged from taking it to the ice level during warm up.

Should have done it anyway. Might have saved yourself from watching that game lol

Well, I'm not saying Mr. I had a gun to Holland's head and fingers in all his pies. I'm talking more about general accountability. You'd think a losing streak like this, for an organization like this, and coming after years of disappointment (we haven't been past the second round in "ages"), might at least warrant a "Ken, what's going on? This is unacceptable," or something to that effect. I mean, obviously it's kind of a stupid point because we don't really know much at all about Mr. I's "style" when he was younger and healthier, never mind now. But you see where I'm coming from, right?

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Who's to say though that those conversations aren't being had up & down the organization already though? I think things would have to get really bad for us as fans to start hearing that from the higher ups in the Wings front office though because I don't think they're the type to air that kind of stuff in public.

For me, I think the biggest problem the Wings are facing right now is the fact that they lack definition as a team. They don't quite have the personnel to be the puck possession team they've been for the past couple of decades & lack the type of players needed to be a true dump & chase/grind it out team too. They're just stuck in the middle right now. I've gotten the sense that the organization knew it had a couple of seasons at least where they needed to rely on band-aids on the roster as they tried to figure out what direction they were going in & restocked the prospect pool accordingly. They've gotten pretty lucky in the past finding solid contributors off the scrapheap but sadly the odds seem to have finally caught up with them the past two seasons. While it's painful to watch, I guess it's still better to see the Wing's form of struggling i.e. still thick in the playoff hunt despite everything, than to see them fall completely off the table into the Edmonton/Florida range of struggling.

This offseason will be pretty telling I think on how far along the front office feels they are in their rolling reload/rebuild of the team. We should hopefully (fingers crossed) see the likes of Sammy, Cleary, Bert, Quincey, & Eaves (if not more) come off the books and have a rather significant wave of young players developed in the system come up to start defining what the Wings will be in the next decade+ instead having to wait another season or two for that. That's why personally I think the most important person the Wings have in the organization right now isn't Holland, Babcock, a current roster player, or prospect, I think it's Jeff Blashill. The job he does to develop those players in GR into NHL ready professionals is really the lynchpin for the youth movement that should be on the way. In the meantime, I'm prepared to grit my teeth, keep watching, & stay ready to rage the first time I hear that Kenny's working on a contract extension for Cleary. My $0.02 after another frustrating game.

Should have done it anyway. Might have saved yourself from watching that game lol

That is actually a good point. I wouldn't feel guilty if I got kicked out of the game. At this point, I'm going to games out of guilt for the money we spent on season tickets. It's been my dream to have season tickets. I moved to Detroit partly for hockey (and being around people who talk hockey). It pains me that I find games a drain on my life and boring. At home at least I can play with my dog and read magazines. My friend is threatening to bring a book on THursday.

I'm working on a "seven deadly Red Wings" poster. I especially like Quincey being sloth. It's just way more effort and art talent than I have. The kids will never grow if you don't throw them into the big rink and let them play.

It could be that. An occasional short call or a "just passing by" in-person visit from Mr. I could make a ton of difference if it isn't happening this year at all.

Also, Jim Nill left as well.

We don't really know what is going on in the front office, all we can see is that the results aren't up to the usual high Wings standards.

I believe Mr.I doesn't get involved till it's necessary - i.e Y - but when he does things are either improving or changing. Hopefully, Chris is similar in that regard.

That's why a VP I'd making so much sense, someone to look over the GMs shoulder and then directly reporting to the owner.

If I were the owner I would for some occasional visits and ask some question without getting overly involved stuff like "to you need more ressources? Why am I paying 20 m $ for revenue sharing, upcoming buyouts and plans to turn the thing around.." wouldn't run it ad a business and more like an interested fan willing to spend whatever it takes to bring Stanley back.

Edited by frankgrimes

That is actually a good point. I wouldn't feel guilty if I got kicked out of the game. At this point, I'm going to games out of guilt for the money we spent on season tickets. It's been my dream to have season tickets. I moved to Detroit partly for hockey (and being around people who talk hockey). It pains me that I find games a drain on my life and boring. At home at least I can play with my dog and read magazines. My friend is threatening to bring a book on THursday.

I'm working on a "seven deadly Red Wings" poster. I especially like Quincey being sloth. It's just way more effort and art talent than I have. The kids will never grow if you don't throw them into the big rink and let them play.

Well if I was your friend I wouldn't bring a magazine to the game... *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Guest Crymson

Ilitch's last major involvement in his teams was insisting upon Prince Fielder's current contract. That didn't turn out well. Those who believe that Ilitch's interventions mean exclusively good things are mistaken.