• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Ericsson Contract Extension Near?

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I like e. He is one of my favorite. But if sproul and oullete are ready to be our third pair e and Quincey should both be gone.

Cause here in a few years we may have a logjam at defense unless they don't want to keep smith kindl dekeyser and/or lash off.

I like e. He is one of my favorite. But if sproul and oullete are ready to be our third pair e and Quincey should both be gone.

Cause here in a few years we may have a logjam at defense unless they don't want to keep smith kindl dekeyser and/or lash off.

Keeping kindl over e is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Guest DeGraa55

Keeping kindl over e is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

It all depends on how much. Kind at what 1.5m. Or e at 4?. Keep kind then we put money into forwards for short term 2-4 years while our d is cheap. But this only works if smith steps up and dekeyser can stay healthy and play like he can and if Sproul and oullete are ready.

Which IMO they prolly are not for another year yet but who knows.

It all depends on how much. Kind at what 1.5m. Or e at 4?. Keep kind then we put money into forwards for short term 2-4 years while our d is cheap. But this only works if smith steps up and dekeyser can stay healthy and play like he can and if Sproul and oullete are ready.

Which IMO they prolly are not for another year yet but who knows.

I agree that Ouellet and Sproul need to be accounted for in 1-2 years time on defence, but Quincey will certainly be gone. And when the boys are ready Lashoff will go back to being a solid #7. As far as E's contract, he's currently at 3.25, if his raise is say 4.2, then that's great for us with the cap going up. He's a solid top 4 guy who can play 20mins, PP/PK, fight and hit when he feels like it too.

Quincey will be gone, lashoff is expendable, and kindl could be traded pretty easily.

Ericsson would get $5m on the market, hes a solid number 2/3withwith a big body and a shortage of good d men.

Even if we decide to trade him, if his cap hit is right around 4m we shouldn't have a problem, ESPECIALLY if the cap raises.

These options account for the young guys, as well as give them more time to get ready.

Guest DeGraa55

I agree that Ouellet and Sproul need to be accounted for in 1-2 years time on defence, but Quincey will certainly be gone. And when the boys are ready Lashoff will go back to being a solid #7. As far as E's contract, he's currently at 3.25, if his raise is say 4.2, then that's great for us with the cap going up. He's a solid top 4 guy who can play 20mins, PP/PK, fight and hit when he feels like it too.

O I completely agree he is one of my favorite players because of all that.

The other thing I was thinking is if the long term plan could be

Kronwall e

Smith dekeyser

Sproul oullete

1-2 maybe 3 years down the road...

Either way unlike some people I think were sitting pretty on defense(other than Quincey).

I always figured a million dollar raise was inevitable. Hoping 4 or 5 years at 4.25.

Ahh, I remember the tender old days when we were all (myself included, if not especially) scratching our heads when Holland not only DIDN'T sever ties with Ericsson, but gave him over 3 million! (Most of us were reluctantly willing to accepting him at 1.5m or so, but never dreamed he would get over 3m, let alone be WORTH 3m).

Would be glad to have him back as a Wing for a while. He is a solid top 4 guy who is quite capable defensively.

I'm actually really liking Ericsson right now, if only because he hasn't been around for this whole losing streak. But no, it's more than that. He's been really good for us. I really have nothing negative to say about him.

I think McKenzie's report sounds like a very reasonable deal for a solid #2, which is exactly what Ericsson has become and will probably be for the next several seasons. We just have to hope and pray he doesn't regress.

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

LOL. You guys think Quincey ​won’t be re-signed. You all know Kenny’s going to re-sign him. Probably a 2-3 year deal. FML.

Thank you for telling us what we alll "know." I disagree with both of your assertions.

Guest Crymson

Quincey is gone. Holland traded for him against the possibility of Stuart leaving. Quincey has not lived up to anywhere near expectations, whether defensively or offensively.

Guest Crymson

Sammy won't be, but I wouldn't be so sure about those other 2

Barring an enormous resurgence, Cleary will be gone also. He's now capable of nothing on the ice. He can't even grind, let alone score.