• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Possible trade with Panthers

Rate this topic

we all know that Kenny loves bringing back old boys, well im hearing that Matthias is available from Florida and ive read somewhere that the Wings are keen on Kulikov.

Maybe getting both in a deal is feasible. that's $4.25m in cap thou.

What would Kenny have to give up to get them both? One of our rookie D's would be on the list and maybe one of the vet ones as well as a young forward.

Guest Crymson

Not happening. The team has a glut of forwards as it is. If Nyquist is recalled, then there will be absolutely no space on the roster.

I think Kulikov from FLA or Del Zotto from NYR could happen but we'd have to move a Dman.

We have the following tradable assets:

1st round pick

Andersson

Quincey/Kindl (for space and cap reasons)

GR fwd prospect (Not Jarnkrok or Jurco)

Both of these guys have a physical dimension to their PMD game. I like them both and see them as an upgrade. Youtube their highlights if you don't believe me.

Well he was a 14th overall pick so the potential is definitely there, it's just a matter of honing his game at the NHL level and I believe he will in time. You have to remember he is only 23 years old with 260 games already played in the NHL. He is just 4 months older than Almquist, who has barely got a sniff of NHL action (just 2 games). He is around the age of most of our top prospects but has the benefit of already playing 4 seasons in the bigs. I think grabbing this kid would be huge for us, assuming Florida aren't too much.

Quincey, Almquist and a 2014 mid round draft pick...

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Smith

Kulikov - Kindl

Looks good to me...

Yeah, but I don't wanna give up alms.

Send em quincey and Callahan/or glendenning.

I would say Sheahan, but I like his size.

If ferraros out of options next year too give them one or two of them.

They all look like 3rd liners, Sheahans ceiling just seems higher.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

I don't mind Kulikov, and it wouldn't hurt to have him as insurance in case a few of the other young, d-men don't pan out. I think he'd be a boost to the PP. Though, I imagine the price tag would wind up being a little steep.

Doesn't make you wonder why a team is "aggressively" shopping a player? I've watched Kulikov and he makes a lot of mistakes with the puck, I mean QUINCEY-like mistakes. He needs to be developed, I wish he would spend sometime in the minors cause he is only 23 years old and he hasn't reached the peak of his potential.

he is a former 1st round pick who will be a ufa at the end of the year i guess Tallon is trying to get something for him before he walks. He is a good skater with a good outlet first pass. His style could be better suited to our game than that of the Panthers. Compare his year so far to Quinceys, and you can make your own decision on who'd you sooner have.

he is a former 1st round pick who will be a ufa at the end of the year i guess Tallon is trying to get something for him before he walks. He is a good skater with a good outlet first pass. His style could be better suited to our game than that of the Panthers. Compare his year so far to Quinceys, and you can make your own decision on who'd you sooner have.

I can only imagine how much Tallon would want in this deal. No question he will be asking for a 1st round pick and I don't think we are in the market to be giving away our 1st round pick.

I can only imagine how much Tallon would want in this deal. No question he will be asking for a 1st round pick and I don't think we are in the market to be giving away our 1st round pick.

especially if the rest of the season goes south.

wings first pick could be a low double digit. (or better)

i do like kulikov, matthias,fleishmann....but defence is the priority.

kulikov + nick schultz would be great! emmerton/ferraro to edm....kindl + 3rd. to florida

especially if the rest of the season goes south.

wings first pick could be a low double digit. (or better)

i do like kulikov, matthias,fleishmann....but defence is the priority.

kulikov + nick schultz would be great! emmerton/ferraro to edm....kindl + 3rd. to florida

Yes, because teams want to trade for garbage. Emmerton is a fringe NHL player, Ferraro is an AHL 3rd liner. Given that one of the Oilers' biggest issues is a lack of veteran leadership, they should be looking to extend Schultz. Then there's the fact that he's not a good puck mover and he has a $3.5mil cap hit, and the Wings are already over the cap when Weiss comes back.

They don't need a young d-man either, so they don't need to get Kulikov. Kronwall is the only d-man they have north of 30, and they're loaded with good D prospects already.

The Wings have 2 needs. A top center prospect. Big wingers who can score.