Photo
- - - - -

Possible trade with Panthers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

he is a former 1st round pick who will be a ufa at the end of the year i guess Tallon is trying to get something for him before he walks. He is a good skater with a good outlet first pass. His style could be better suited to our game than that of the Panthers. Compare his year so far to Quinceys, and you can make your own decision on who'd you sooner have. 

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#22 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

he is a former 1st round pick who will be a ufa at the end of the year i guess Tallon is trying to get something for him before he walks. He is a good skater with a good outlet first pass. His style could be better suited to our game than that of the Panthers. Compare his year so far to Quinceys, and you can make your own decision on who'd you sooner have. 

I can only imagine how much Tallon would want in this deal. No question he will be asking for a 1st round pick and I don't think we are in the market to be giving away our 1st round pick.

tomastatar.png

#23 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

I can only imagine how much Tallon would want in this deal. No question he will be asking for a 1st round pick and I don't think we are in the market to be giving away our 1st round pick.

especially if the rest of the season goes south.

wings first pick could be a low double digit. (or better)

i do like kulikov, matthias,fleishmann....but defence is the priority.

kulikov + nick schultz would be great!  emmerton/ferraro to edm....kindl + 3rd. to florida

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#24 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

especially if the rest of the season goes south.

wings first pick could be a low double digit. (or better)

i do like kulikov, matthias,fleishmann....but defence is the priority.

kulikov + nick schultz would be great!  emmerton/ferraro to edm....kindl + 3rd. to florida

Yes, because teams want to trade for garbage.  Emmerton is a fringe NHL player, Ferraro is an AHL 3rd liner.  Given that one of the Oilers' biggest issues is a lack of veteran leadership, they should be looking to extend Schultz.  Then there's the fact that he's not a good puck mover and he has a $3.5mil cap hit, and the Wings are already over the cap when Weiss comes back.

They don't need a young d-man either, so they don't need to get Kulikov.  Kronwall is the only d-man they have north of 30, and they're loaded with good D prospects already.

The Wings have 2 needs.  A top center prospect.  Big wingers who can score.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#25 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

looks like the Wings are after Gilbert and Boyes, Kindl ,Andersson and a prospect going the other way?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#26 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,414 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

He would be an rfa. They would get draft picks if he signs an offer sheet with someone else and Florida doesn't match. Obviously Florida is trying to get more then a couple picks for him though
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#27 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

looks like the Wings are after Gilbert and Boyes, Kindl ,Andersson and a prospect going the other way?

I kinda like the sound of that.  Where did you hear this?

be about it!

#28 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

http://www.thefourth.../fla140130.html

They talk about the rumour briefly here.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#29 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

I might be biased, since he's a badger but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Gilbert here. Was pretty decent for the Oilers, not too impressive with Minnesota, although he spent the majority of his first year injured.

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,827 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'm not a huge Gilbert fan, but he's having a good season statistically this year with Florida. Boyes? He's worked well with Johnny T, but something tells me they want him for his shootout prowess.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

How about this trade:

To Detroit: Tomas Fleischmann, Tom Gilbert and Brad Boyes

To Florida: Kyle Quincey, Jakub Kindl, Joakim Andersson, Landon Ferarro and a 2nd round pick

When Healthy and assuming that Franzen is placed on LTIR

Datsyuk -  Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Fleischmann - Weiss - Boyes

Tatar - Helm - Nyquist

Miller -  Glendenning - Abdelkader

Healthy Scratch - Bertuzzi and Cleary

Grand Rapids - Jurco, Sheahan, Emmerton and Eaves

Kronwall - DeKeyser

Ericsson - Smith

Lashoff - Gilbert

Thoughts?

be about it!

#32 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Are you seriously asking for an all Panther line?  Fleishmann hasn't been good this year, maybe he needs a change of scenery, but that's a lot of money for a guy who's having a down year tied up next year.  I'm not all that enamored with Gilbert either.  I'd much rather trade Kindl and a prospect for a better d-man and skip Boyes and Fleischmann.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#33 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Don't want anyone that used to be on the Wings...I'd be fine with Gilbert and Boyes for the right price. I don't see Holland giving up his 1st rounder