• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Danny DeKeyser out 3-6 weeks with separated shoulder, LTIR

Rate this topic

@RedWingsFeed: DeKeyser out 3-6 weeks with separated left shoulder: DETROIT The Detroit Red... http://t.co/Dh6doeT7ra via @wingsfrontman #NHL #RedWings

Great... Sarcasm.

Better than 6-8 weeks for a broken collarbone. Still absolutely awful news though. Dammnit, Cleary and Quincey with your voodoo dolls

Why can't it be Sammy or cleary going on LTIR not DD

Better than 6-8 weeks for a broken collarbone. Still absolutely awful news though. Dammnit, Cleary and Quincey with your voodoo dolls

I broke a collarbone once. Very, very unpleasant.

My only hope here is that maybe Holland feels compelled to pull the trigger on one of those mythical "good trade" things. (Del Zotto? Niskanen?) And/Or maybe one of our Griffins gets a legitimate Opportunity.

Also, can I just say, this whole gets-injured-just-as-he's-starting-to-really-take-off business needs. to. stop.

Edited by Dabura

I would love to see either Ouellet or Almqvist get an extended opportunity with DeKeyser out. I just don't trust Quincey and Kindl right now to pick up the slack at all. Smith was very good last night, so hopefully that continues into the future.

Regardless, this is a massive blow to an already reeling team.

I would love to see either Ouellet or Almqvist get an extended opportunity with DeKeyser out. I just don't trust Quincey and Kindl right now to pick up the slack at all. Smith was very good last night, so hopefully that continues into the future.

Regardless, this is a massive blow to an already reeling team.

Is it me, or has Kindl really regressed? (Versus where he was last season.)

Obviously this goes without saying, but what a devastating loss... I know he won't be gone for too long, but considering the way we've played lately, losing basically our best defenseman is really gonna hurt. Kenny needs to pull off a trade for a top-4 d-man. And not just because DeKeyser is hurt, but because we desperately need more depth on the back-end in case of future injuries (especially serious injuries). I know it's not easy to acquire a top 4 d-man, but if you give true equal value or even more than equal value in return, it can most certainly be accomplished. And at this point, something needs to be done soon, otherwise the losing will likely continue.

There just aren't a plethora of top-4 defenders available. Del Zotto is a nightmare in his own end. Considering how we treat Smith and Quincey, Del Zotto would be right there with them. Kulikov has potential, but has been very underwhelming to this point. Those are really the only two who seem to be readily available for a decent price. More than likely, Ouellett or Almqvist will be brought up to fill the hole. Or...*gulp*...Quincey, Kindl and Smith will be asked to pick up DeKeyser's minutes.

DeKeyser was the buffer between our decent top-3 and our abysmal bottom-3 along the blue line. After him, there's a STARK drop-off. None of our bottom-3 defenders would likely make it much of anywhere on any other team.

I had a feeling something like this would happen. Seems like whenever the Wings have someone on the verge of breaking out, injury strikes. DD has been crazy solid all year, really I'd put him with Pav and Z as the only consistent elements on this team. In this last stretch he even started getting on the scoresheet regularly. Huge hit to take with things circling the drain like they are...

f***

This sucks. I was hoping it wasn't that bad.

The Wings couldn't even get more than one point per game for the last couple weeks WITH Danny, who was one of a handful of players that have been carrying this team on their backs, I'm kind of scared to see whats going to happen now...