• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Holland Interview

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Does it piss anyone else off that this team's singular goal every year now is to just make the playoffs? Holland talks about this team being in playoff contention as if they are successful right now. The East is the weakest s*** ever. They would be in 9th place in the West with Dallas having two games in hand if they were still in that conference. Obviously this is a men's league, but Cleary and Samuelsson look nothing like men (not even including Sammy bitching out of that fight last night). I don't think a youth injection can make this team any worse.

I'm not sure from where you've drawn that conclusion. The goal last year was to make the playoffs, because it was a transition year. Before that? No.

- when asked about FA signings was careful to point out that we haven't seen enough games out of the full team he built over the summer.

Bulls***, he's always said the 20 game mark is when he decides. I guess this number goes up as the cap goes down.

Wtf is he saying "kids aren't the answer"? They are the future of the hockey team. Holland sounds like an old man stuck in history. Also, seems like he is declining cognitively with all the long pauses and "errr..ahhh.oooomm..." Hope the man is alright.

Edited by themcityblues

Damn, Holland sounded almost offended when the guy brought up Jurco. This is the most pressured Holland I've heard. "NOW HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE". LOL. Guess a youth movement is out of the question.

I liked that he took some blame and admitted things aren't good. He didn't defend Cleary in any way so I'm starting to think Danny boy is on the ropes, could he be sacrificed for the sake of Nyquist? Please.

What's weird about Holland is how he turns any suggestions that he disagrees with into an ideological argument. Nobody has suggest Nyquist is "The Answer," we're just flabberghasted that such a special player did not earn a place on this team with such a great performance in last season's playoffs. It's not a matter of men vs kids (wtf lol?) but putting the best players on the ice.

I've been a major KH fan, but he's missing the point.

One main problem is secondary scoring and a 3rd line of Tats Helm NyQ is infact the answer.

It will also relieve pressure from the 2nd line not scoring.

He commented on how close we are to the record looking very different with all those overtime loses. So yeah, just a little bit of scoring from that third line could have made a major difference.

Edit: he often says he was brought up too fast as a goalie and it devastated his confidence; he would have been much more successful had he been ripened first.

He seriously needs to get counseling to see its a case by case issue. He's right to a point but he's over the top with it.

Edited by T.Low

Not like Toews was a first overall pick and a genrational superstar. The Wings have a great prospect pool, but that's what they're missing. A lottery pick.

I understand wanting to stack the squad with young guns, hell, I'd love to have a 4th line right now of Sheahan - Jarnkrok - Jurco.

But we all have to stop comparing Nyquist, Tatar, etc to guys like Toews, Skinner, Crosby, or even Landeskog and Nichushkin. These guys were all drafted in the top 1-15 spots.

I'm not comparing them to Tatar and nyquist, obviously those guys are highly skilled highly touted forwards. My point is that "kids" with energy and skill, and speed can make a difference. The hawks won the cup a couple years ago with a very young team and aside from Kane and Toews they didn't have all top ten picks on the roster.

I get a feeling that Mr I has had a word with Kenny and the kitchen is warming up. Kenny hasn't been in this position before and is struggling to cope. At the end of the day

he made 2 signings he didn't need to do and its hurting the team and the progress of some of the prospects. hopefully he will have learnt from it and at the end of this season

doesn't make the same decisions again. Let them go Kenny, its a business and the owners and fans want and deserve the best product you can put out on the ice.

I get a feeling that Mr I has had a word with Kenny and the kitchen is warming up. Kenny hasn't been in this position before and is struggling to cope. At the end of the day

he made 2 signings he didn't need to do and its hurting the team and the progress of some of the prospects. hopefully he will have learnt from it and at the end of this season

doesn't make the same decisions again. Let them go Kenny, its a business and the owners and fans want and deserve the best product you can put out on the ice.

I assume you mean Weiss and Alfredsson, cause Cleary and Sammy were the best signings ever!!!

Holland seemed a little rattled in that interview which if nothing else alleviates any fears I had that he's burying his head in the sand. He can see there's a problem, but whether he's too stubborn to actually rectify it is another matter.

I wasn't expecting much more from him. A couple of excuses here, a couple of ramblings there. His insistence on and attempted defence of his awful old folk FA signings, whilst expected, was still infuriating to hear.

In all honesty I've no faith in him to make this team any better than it is unless we land on a a draft goldmine like with Dats, Z and co. Shudder to think where we'd be without our scouts.

^ Some of us have been saying all this for years now. Years!