• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Nyquist Getting the call

Rate this topic

while im happy nyquist had a good game. i dont get why he immediately got playing time with Z and franzen? tatar never got any time with Z or dats maybe a few shift in a landslide game

Nyquist > Tatar (at this point in their respective careers)

I do think Tats should get a look in the top six, though. And I've gotta think it's gonna happen soon enough, unless we start rolling along, which I'd be fine with.

I do think Tats should get a look in the top six, though. And I've gotta think it's gonna happen soon enough, unless we start rolling along, which I'd be fine with.

What I'd really like to see - as an "experiment," if you like - is Z and D each sort of mentoring one of Gus/Tats, taking them under their wings, molding them into potential future Euro Twins. If that makes any sense.

while im happy nyquist had a good game. i dont get why he immediately got playing time with Z and franzen? tatar never got any time with Z or dats maybe a few shift in a landslide game

I think it has to deal with Tatars defensive game. Nyquist is well rounded and has played in tight situations in the league already. Babcock is more familiar with him and has more trust in him than Tatar. Tatar is great and he's proven to score goals when given the chance but his defensive play would get eaten alive against top skilled players he would be against in the top 6.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Holland says something I didnt believe I'd hear(or read)....

I'll let you guess what it is.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_have_more_speed_skil.html

Some of my faith in Babs/Holland is starting to be restored. Seems they may actually be watching the same team we are.