• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#61 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think we will see Andersson moved next if we can't make the cap work - despite Cleary having zero on-ice contribution to the team and being an old dog with few good days left compared to Andersson. Ideally we would waive Cleary to make it work with Nyquist up.

What I hope is that Nyquist doesn't get just one game and if he doesn't blow up they send him back down. I could see that happening. 

We shouldn't get our hopes up. We will be in a real bad situation of he plays two games. We can hope Holland finally accepts it, but there will be pressure to hold off losing players for nothing by waiving them.

I agree about Andersson, though. I'm not sure he'd get claimed if Eaves and Tootoo didn't, and we do have other options at center. Emmerton, Glendening, etc.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#62 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Especially seeing as how the KIDS are the reason we damn near took the hawks out last year in the playoffs.

Yeah.  It's possible that you might be exaggerating the impact the 'kids' had during the hawks series....a tad.

#63 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:25 PM

Yeah.  It's possible that you might be exaggerating the impact the 'kids' had during the hawks series....a tad.

Guess you didn't watch 'em.

#64 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Well, wasn't all the speculation that Gus was going to get the call in about a month anyway because of the cap savings?  Assuming that is true, and that DD is out for at least that length, that means they can call up Gus and keep him up permanently without making any other moves?  That makes sense in my head at least.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#65 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

The Red Wings planned on recalling Nyquist on Thursday. Putting defenseman Danny DeKeyser (separated left shoulder, 3-to-6 weeks) on long-term injured reserve clears enough salary-cap space.

However, an unspecified injury to defenseman Kyle Quincey could cancel that plan. If Quincey, who didn't practice Wednesday due to "bumps and bruises,'' can't play, then the Red Wings would need to use their available cap space to recall a defenseman.

And just like that I wish Kyle Quincey would just go the f*** away. He ruins literally everything with this club.

Article: http://www.mlive.com...el_datsy_2.html

Edited by darkmanx, 21 November 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#66 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

And just like that I wish Kyle Quincey would just go the f*** away. He ruins literally everything with this club.

Please god no

#67 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Bumps and bruises, huh? Nyquist is probably beyond frustrated at this point.

An easy solution would be to waive an underachiever and call Nyquist AND a defenseman up.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#68 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Bumps and bruises, huh? Nyquist is probably beyond frustrated at this point.

An easy solution would be to waive an underachiever and call Nyquist AND a defenseman up.

If they screw with him and don't call him up I hope he says either call me up or trade me. Send a message to holland

#69 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

2ed4jtj.gif

I thought this was Big Rig at first haha....

...Has anyone heard the actual lineup for tonight yet?  I hope to NOT see Clears in the top 6,  Z mule Goose, Dats Tats Bert-top 6

Edited by 13dangledangle, 21 November 2013 - 09:57 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#70 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

...Has anyone heard the actual lineup for tonight yet?  I hope to NOT see Clears in the top 6,  Z mule Goose, Dats Tats Bert-top 6

Still waiting on Khan over at mlive for tonights lineups. Should be shortly after noon. I'll post em in the GDT as soon as theyre available.

#71 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive

Red Wings have officially recalled forward Gustav Nyquist for tonight's game, Ken Holland said.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#72 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

Per Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Yes!!!! So pumped

#73 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Article: http://www.mlive.com...el_datsy_2.html

Can't we just waive Quincey? I don't care that he cost us a first rounder, to me it's a sunk cost and we won't recoup the value. Instead just let him go.

#74 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

They just said on 97.1 Nyquist was recalled

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#75 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

If I wasn't on my phone I would put the dancing emoticon

#76 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

So who thinks he only plays one game and gets sent back down

#77 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I do.  Babcock basically said as much today.  He's an emergency call up, so it doesn't affect his 2 game limit. Babcock essentially said Nyquist has to the blow the roof off the joint to ensure he stays in the lineup.  Hard to imagine they won't send him down if they went to the trouble to make him an emergency call-up so they wouldn't be forced to keep him up.

#78 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,470 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I do.  Babcock basically said as much today.  He's an emergency call up, so it doesn't affect his 2 game limit. Babcock essentially said Nyquist has to the blow the roof off the joint to ensure he stays in the lineup.  Hard to imagine they won't send him down if they went to the trouble to make him an emergency call-up so they wouldn't be forced to keep him up.

that's a tall order for a medium sized Swede... but he could do it.  I wonder what the issue is with the rest of them, that bringing up the best player from GR is supposed to be motivating and wake them up?   Personally, much as I love them all (well, most of them), I don't see a leader who demands the best of himself -- and absolutely expects the rest of his team mates to play up to his standard.  Haven't had that in a while, actualy....

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#79 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,012 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

Even if he scored a hat trick they'd almost certainly send him down, painful as that would be.  I'm not totally clear on all the implications but I think Nyquist losing his eligibility would handcuff the roster even more than it already is.

#80 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Even if he scored a hat trick they'd almost certainly send him down, painful as that would be.  I'm not totally clear on all the implications but I think Nyquist losing his eligibility would handcuff the roster even more than it already is.

How much cap relief would the wings get from waiving cleary?