• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

11/21 GDT: Hurricanes 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

Im pulling this from the lines thread so people will actually read it...

Per Nyquistfan14:

Why not leave pav and z split and go with something like this...

Weiss-pav-alfy

Goose-z-mule

Abby-helm-Tatar

Bert-Andy-miller

To which i replied.

That should be a very good offense

Uknow, i havent thought of this either...come to think of it, its absolutely perfect! Think about it, Weiss needs to get his mojo going, his scoring touch if you will. Now what better way to get a guy producing than with arguably 2 of the best setup men in the league, in NHL history?

Now the second line will FORCE mule to play better just to keep up with Z, and a ROOKIE. Talk about lighting a fire under a guy. I expect that line to roll like weve only seen from ZDB line this season, possibly better.

3rd line, No problem, Abby-helm-tatar is such a solid and classic line combo. Grinder/skater/scorer, potentially modernizing the days of gold Grind Line, with less toughness and slightly more skill.

4th line, Miller-Andy/preferably Glendening-Bert, who will add alot to our 4th line, all the while playing where a player of his age and physical satus should be playing.

The real question is wether or not Babs will let them play together for more than one game and let them build some chemistry. He also must, pull his head out of his ass and remove Cleary from this team.

But all in all, if we can stay healthy that is one damn fine lineup.

The whole reason we got Weiss was to have a second line center.

Even without Weiss and Alfie, the first line could be improved without changing the second line. Which is a positive thing.

Good news is weiss is expected to return tomorrow. Where i see him playing on datsyuks wing. If babs doesnt change the 2nd line which he probably wont.

Maybe what they should do is trade #11 back to Ottawa if he doesn't pickup his game. This team needs to quite signing these old Vets cause they never play the way they can and should. #11 should start paying like his worth his 5.5 Million dollars if not he should give some of that money back to the team like Hasek did a few years back.

I wish players would start playing like Maurice The Rocket Richard did & Gordie Howe did two players that give 150% every game. Players like #11 are here for the money and not the Stanley Cup if for the Cup he'd give 150% every game.

These guys are professionals they need to start playing like they deserve to be in the NHL! The New NHL is bad. Their was nothing wrong with the 90's NHL Game! I say get rid of #11 & #90 what have they done lately? But get Injured! They shouldn't have signed them they should have signed #24 and #51 and bought back the same team they had last season.

The Coach needs to start coaching for once and he needs to start being more like Scotty Bowmen was and start showing some tough love to these supposed to be Detroit Red Wings Players. I'm very happy that Detroit Red Wings Won Finally they need to keep it up.

Hello, Melnyk. How goes the Cooke investigation?

I think goose will stay. We have till dekeyser is off ltir to move someone

True, if they don't want to have a 7th D-Man on our roster. But with Lashoff possibly out for tomorrow that might be the case. Question is who to waive if not Gus ?

BtW.:It is a bad sign when your rostermoves are more thrilling than most of your games. :P

Edited by derblaueClaus

Even without Weiss and Alfie, the first line could be improved without changing the second line. Which is a positive thing.

It could be improved in the sense that it is theoretically possible to improve the line without changing the roster. But it cannot be improved in the more concrete sense that Mike Babcock will never, EVER, put Tomas Tatar on the top line over Danny Boy or Abby...which are really the only other options.

I can see games on my phone now woot woot and what good timing! Goose was awesome, that line was really great. I read that Holland and the rest of the brass were in serious talks of options they have to get this kid a permanent spot up here just after the game...What options do they have other then a trade?

I can see games on my phone now woot woot and what good timing! Goose was awesome, that line was really great. I read that Holland and the rest of the brass were in serious talks of options they have to get this kid a permanent spot up here just after the game...What options do they have other then a trade?

Waiving. Shooting Sammy into space. Sinking Sammy to the bottom of the sea. I think that's about it. Maybe also LTIRing Alfie.

Based on last night's game? I wouldn't change either of the 2nd or 3rd lines. They're perfect for now.

Even the 4th line was alright.

Ideally, we slot Weiss in on Datsyuk's wing and then let Sammy and Cleary duke it out for the final spot on the 4th line.

Agreed.

It could be improved in the sense that it is theoretically possible to improve the line without changing the roster. But it cannot be improved in the more concrete sense that Mike Babcock will never, EVER, put Tomas Tatar on the top line over Danny Boy or Abby...which are really the only other options.

I was thinking Miller might work. But then, Cleary on the fourth line...that's a very slow "energy line."

I guess it's all moot, though, since Weiss should be back.

if mule were to switch lines without any other changes, i'd want him to take cleary's spot..

although, a 3rd line of mule-helm-tatar should dominate any other third line.

side note: soo happy with helm's play this year.. it's great to have him back :D

My guess is that the Wings trade somebody that other teams might actually want for prospects. Candidates IMO are:

Smith

Lashof

Abby

We could live without these guys and other teams may be interested. Face it, nobody is going to trade for Sammy, Cleary, Tootoo, Eaves, so to get out of this jam, we are going to have to lose somebody that we'd like to keep. But it is obvious that we NEED Nyquist in Detroit.

It's really our only viable option at this point thanks to Kenny.

You really think trading Abdlekader for a 4th rounder is Holland's only viable option?

Or are you perhaps blowing things out of proportion?

And while we're at it, I'd rather have Nyquist ride out the season in the AHL then lose Abdlekader for a 4th.

What a brutal game by Tatar though. He's been pretty bad these last few games

He looked flat and heavy legged, like he's got the flu also.

I thought that Nyquist is the kid in the man's league and that he's not the answer.......

While you're right, according to Holland he's not supposed to be the answer, the kid in the men's league was a Jurco reference.

Yes. Let's trade one of our only decent physical forwards that can be plugged into any of the four forward lines in a pinch, for a 4th rounder.

Just because Abby was forced to play on the top 2 lines before doesn't make him viable for all 4. He is not a good option on the top 2. If losing Abby meant getting Gus in full time I would do it in a heartbeat. The Wings can replace him a heck of a lot easier than they can Nyquist.

Just because Abby was forced to play on the top 2 lines before doesn't make him viable for all 4. He is not a good option on the top 2. If losing Abby meant getting Gus in full time I would do it in a heartbeat. The Wings can replace him a heck of a lot easier than they can Nyquist.

Guess what Detroit have in spades? Skilled prospects. Nyquist, Jurco, and Jarnkrok will all be full-time Red Wings at some point.

Guess what Detroit lacks? Versitile, big, fast, physical wingers.

I think in our collective "Nyquist Is Bigger Than Jesus" craze here at LGWs, we might be under-valuing Abdlekader a bit?

Edit: I'm aware that Nyquist has now officially earned a full-time roster sopt.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest Playmaker

Guess what Detroit have in spades? Skilled prospects. Nyquist, Jurco, and Jarnkrok will all be full-time Red Wings at some point.

Guess what Detroit lacks? Versitile, big, fast, physical wingers.

I think in our collective "Nyquist Is Bigger Than Jesus" craze here at LGWs, we might be under-valuing Abdlekader a bit?

Edit: I'm aware that Nyquist has now officially earned a full-time roster sopt.

Abdelkader isn't big or fast and isn't physical all that often. At 26, its likely that what you see is what you get. I don't want to dump him, but there aren't a lot of options right now for opening up roster spots.

Abdelkader isn't big or fast and isn't physical all that often. At 26, its likely that what you see is what you get. I don't want to dump him, but there aren't a lot of options right now for opening up roster spots.

Abby is 10th in the NHL in hits.