Franzen-Zetterberg-NYQUIST
Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Anderson-Samuelson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

I love all but Cleary on the first
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#22 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Lineups tonight per Khan:

Cleary-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

I like it but I would rather see like tatar or abby on the first with dats and bert and have cleary on the third. 

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#23 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Why the f*** is Cleary on the top line ? We don't need anyone to be the net presence because Bertuzzi is there already. Cleary has shown no reason as to why he should be on the top line over anyone on the entire team. Tatar has done a better job in less games, more productive, turns bad situations into good, makes great passes to the D (which Quincey, Kindl, Smith) cannot finish.

What has Cleary done besides get 3 lucky secondary assists and fall over and turnover the puck 22 times a game. Babcock isf****** retarded, thank god he isn't picking Team Canada roster...

Edited by darkmanx, 21 November 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#24 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

Agreed, literally any one of our forwards would be better suited to the top line than Cleary.

Lets just cross our collective fingers in hopes that he doesnt score...sorry Pavs.

#25 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ya Tatar should be where cleary is.

#26 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Another SO loss?

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#27 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

win please

#28 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Well...here we go! LGW!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#29 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

over/under: # of shifts cleary stays on the top line...?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#30 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

The only problem I have with the lineup is Cleary on the first line. Everyone else seems to be in the right place.

#31 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

No less than 4 and no more than 8 if i had to guess.

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

3-5
I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#33 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Lineups tonight per Khan:

Cleary-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

Cleary needs to be riding the pine, but if he's gonna be in this lineup he should be on the 4th line, and please for the love of Pete don't put Smith and Quincey back together:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Miller

Cleary-Andersson-Samuelson

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-Smith

Quincey-Lashoff

kthxbye

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#34 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's seriously just really starting to piss me off seeing anything the management of this team says to the press...

"(Nyquist's) job, and no different tonight if I were him, he's still allowed to go back to the minors, is be so good tonight that you put so much pressure on the coach and the manger that they have to do something about it." - Mike Babcock

Are you f****** kidding me!? So what about all the dead weight on this team that's allowed to roam free because they're "warriors" and provide a "veteran presence". These "kids" have put pressure on management, but you've turned a blind eye. Dan Cleary is on the top line!? Are you slow, Mike? Tatar has proven he's got better hands than 70% of the team, and Dan f****** Cleary is on the top line!?

Great way to handle the future of your team. "You better score a hat trick tonight, otherwise you get to go rot in the AHL." Meanwhile, the dynamic veteran duo of Dan Cleary and Mikael Samuelsson have a whopping 2 goals over 31 games played. If players in the draft aren't already weary about being taken by Detroit, they should be after this year. They're not just letting these kids get overripe anymore, they're flat out misusing them.

I'm seriously beginning to think that management is so arrogant that they won't fix something until it's too late.

EDIT: Put Babcock's quote in Comic Sans font because it seemed appropriate.

Edited by Jesusberg, 21 November 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#35 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

It seems babs is trying to spread the depth across the lineup to try and get all the lines going. Since scoring goals has been such a problem.

Atleast its the only logical reason that comes to mind regarding Cleary on the top line.

#36 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have no clue what to predict for this game however you can't lose every game.

Hopefully we bust out of the slump tonight

Let's Go Wings!!!

#37 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

I love all but Cleary on the team.

I seriously have no clue what Babs or Holland are thinking any more.  I'm really thinking they have lost it.  Stupid quotes from Babs.

f*** you Cleary.

Edited by rrasco, 21 November 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,549 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

It's seriously just really starting to piss me off seeing anything the management of this team says to the press...

"(Nyquist's) job, and no different tonight if I were him, he's still allowed to go back to the minors, is be so good tonight that you put so much pressure on the coach and the manger that they have to do something about it." - Mike Babcock

Are you f****** kidding me!? So what about all the dead weight on this team that's allowed to roam free because they're "warriors" and provide a "veteran presence". These "kids" have put pressure on management, but you've turned a blind eye. Dan Cleary is on the top line!? Are you slow, Mike? Tatar has proven he's got better hands than 70% of the team, and Dan f****** Cleary is on the top line!?

Great way to handle the future of your team. "You better score a hat trick tonight, otherwise you get to go rot in the AHL." Meanwhile, the dynamic veteran duo of Dan Cleary and Mikael Samuelsson have a whopping 2 goals over 31 games played. If players in the draft aren't already weary about being taken by Detroit, they should be after this year. They're not just letting these kids get overripe anymore, they're flat out misusing them.

I'm seriously beginning to think that management is so arrogant that they won't fix something until it's too late.

As I said in the Nyquist thread, I understand why people are pissed about the Nyquist situation, but are letting their rage taint what Babcock is saying here.

It's the reality of the situation.  And if you read between the lines, if anything he's probably implying that he plays so good that Holland can't possibly justify sending him back down. 

Nyquist is screwed because of the roster situation Holland put together.  He's the victim of his contract status.

Babcock isn't threatening Nyquist that if he doesn't play well he gets buried in the minors.  He's just stating the obvious. 

That the dream is that Nyquist plays so unbelievably great that even Holland can't justify burying the kid in the minors anymore, no matter what it does to the roster.  That the waste of talent and loss to the Red Wings would become so glaringly obvious, the outcry from the coaches, players, and fans so great, that Holland would have to make a drastic roster move to remedy his mistakes and get the kid up with the team.

#39 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Babcock has done Cleary a huge favour by putting him on the first line. Obviously his hope is Pav can set up enough chances for Cleary he'll score an open net or something, maybe get an assist and then people can claim he's back at his best.

Hope is funny thing.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Aren't wing dings more appropriate?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."