• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#401 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

To clarify, we will never waive Tatar. I just meant if someone needs to be scratched, I wouldn't be surprised if Babcock benches Tatar over his crush Cleary.

#402 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Poor tatar. He worked so hard tonight. And he played well. And then that one bad llay is gonna cost him DEARLY.

I don't think I need to lecture you of all people on the dangers of one bad lay. I'm assuming that's how you got your red wang, and I'm not going to tell you again to get that checked out.

IT'S INFECTED

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#403 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Would waiving cleary give us any cap relief?

#404 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Tatar showed hustle all night like he does most games although he did have one of those "rookie games" where no matter how hard they try nothing seems to go right. Everyone goes through it as a rookie.

#405 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,832 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

We'd probably already have won the cup by now if Nyquist was here all year.... :ninja:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 21 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#406 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Tatar was on a line that scored while playing with 2 guys that cannot finish.  Sure he made some mistakes but getting rid of him would be really bad with guys like Sammy, KFQ and Cleary on it.

Nobody's saying Tatar SHOULD be punished, we're just being realistic.  It's Babcocks' MO.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#407 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

It would give us heartburn relief, if that counts for anything...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#408 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

not much($925K I think) but it would give us all kinds of every other kind of relief

#409 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Nyquist >>>>>> Tatar

#410 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Tatar showed hustle all night like he does most games although he did have one of those "rookie games" where no matter how hard they try nothing seems to go right. Everyone goes through it as a rookie.

That last goal in particular looked like the result of exhaustion.  Weak backhand pass across the middle that gets picked off, he dogs it getting back to his own end, then is soft on the puck when it's right on his stick.  He just looked like he had nothing left.

#411 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

Around 950,000 I heard.  Conveniently just enough to keep Nyquist up.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#412 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

I cannot remember any player being as invisible while playing with Datsyuk as Cleary.

#413 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Nyquist >>>>>> Tatar >>>>>> Samuelsson >>>>>>>> dirty sock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cleary

fixed that for you ;)

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#414 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

I honestly think if anyone would have been better served in GR this season, it's Tatar.  Not saying that he SHOULD have been in GR, I'm just saying Nyquist was wasting his time there.  Tatar could at least play and get a bit bigger.  That being said, I'd love to have them both with permanent spots on the team.  Cleary and Sammy have gots to go.  Period.

#415 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Nobody's saying Tatar SHOULD be punished, we're just being realistic.  It's Babcocks' MO.

While Cleary skates around with some sort of diplomatic immunity even though he's possibly the worst player in the NHL.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#416 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts

I cannot remember any player being as invisible while playing with Datsyuk as Cleary.

It's been said that only two people in the world can't produce on a line with Datsyuk: Dan Cleary and Justin Abdelkader.

#417 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

Wasnt able to watch tonight due to work.  How did the team look?  Howie? and better yet....Nyquist?  True he scored in the first 20 seconds?  If so...eat that holland...not a kids game pffff.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#418 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

I think it's a 35+ contract. If so, I don't think so.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg, 21 November 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#419 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

I saw him falling down and losIng pucks

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#420 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

The only time you notice him is when he ruins the cycle or rush by giving the puck away.  He's gotta be leading the NHL in giveaways by at least 100.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!