• Please log in to reply
501 replies to this topic

#41 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think they'll come out strong, then have a bad second but still come out on top. I'm guessing 3-1 Red wings.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#42 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Cleary-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi???

Wasn't that a line like 4 years ago when the Wings were decimated by injuries? It didn't work then, why would it work now that Cleary and Bert are a million times less effective than they were then?

Posted Image

#43 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ok so my predictions of 4-5 redwings goals in the last few have been rather far off.

But if i keep trying ill be right eventually! TONIGHT is the night we put up big numbers and break this losing streak.

5-2 wings. (Z,Dats,Nyquist,Tatar, Kindl) hoping one of them gets a multipoint game also.

LETS GO BOYS!

#44 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Wings win 7-0, Nyquist gets 6, Sammy gets the other, directly following the game, Nyquist is re-assigned to GR. Holland says it's clear he's not ready for the bigs, as Samuelsson and Cleary provide more veteran presence.

Realistically, we should be alot faster throughout the line-up, and Peters is in goal for Carolina, so it isn't crazy to think the Wings SHOULD grab 2 points tonight.

#NOMOREKINDL

#45 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Dan Cleary POTG w/ 4 goals that Datsyuk shoots off of his back side.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#46 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Its been a while since I've posted in the GDT before the game started, and incidentally, its been a while since the Wings won.

Tonight, Detroit comes out on top, 4-1

GUYS I JUST HAD A GREAT/HORRIBLE IDEA

Nyquist - Helm - Tatar. AS OUR SECOND LINE.

PARADIGM. SHIFTED.

I have been wanting to see this for years.  Except as our third line.

Seriously, this team once it gets the kinks sorted out has the potential to be absolutely lethal.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Bertuzzi

Alfredsson Weiss Franzen

Nyqvist Helm Tatar

Abdelkader Anderson Miller (or Sammy, or Clearly)

Kronwall Dekeyser

Ericsson Smith

Kindl Quincey

Once Weiss gets going that is going to open up a lot of options for us.  I also think Smith and Ericsson should be together.

Edited by Echolalia, 21 November 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#47 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Is Nyquist playing tonight 100%?  Sorry don't have time to read, just need the cliff. 

#48 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

As I said in the Nyquist thread, I understand why people are pissed about the Nyquist situation, but are letting their rage taint what Babcock is saying here.

It's the reality of the situation.  And if you read between the lines, if anything he's probably implying that he plays so good that Holland can't possibly justify sending him back down. 

Nyquist is screwed because of the roster situation Holland put together.  He's the victim of his contract status.

Babcock isn't threatening Nyquist that if he doesn't play well he gets buried in the minors.  He's just stating the obvious. 

That the dream is that Nyquist plays so unbelievably great that even Holland can't justify burying the kid in the minors anymore, no matter what it does to the roster.  That the waste of talent and loss to the Red Wings would become so glaringly obvious, the outcry from the coaches, players, and fans so great, that Holland would have to make a drastic roster move to remedy his mistakes and get the kid up with the team.

I get it, and maybe my anger should be directed at Holland for putting the team in this mess in the first place, but I'm just unbelievably irked at seeing Cleary next to Pavs. I don't get all that angry with this team and it's management - in fact, I have a hard time remembering ever going on a little mini-rant like I did. I just hate this, "prove yourself and you'll be in the line-up" mentality when it simply isn't true. It's not a case of the best players playing, and it's not a case of guys earning more ice time based on play. If that were the case, Dano would be riding the pine. Nyquist's status does make him a victim, so maybe my anger is more directed at Babs' line-up.

You're hampering your best playmaker on the team with a plug... it's just absurd to me. I understand that Nyquist is in this spot because of Holland, but I think Tatar is getting the shaft here, too. I get spreading out talent, but at this point , I'd much rather bump Sammy up with Abs-Helm and see Miller-Andersson-Cleary. I just don't get what adding Cleary to the top line does for this team.

#49 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I get it, and maybe my anger should be directed at Holland for putting the team in this mess in the first place, but I'm just unbelievably irked at seeing Cleary next to Pavs. I don't get all that angry with this team and it's management - in fact, I have a hard time remembering ever going on a little mini-rant like I did. I just hate this, "prove yourself and you'll be in the line-up" mentality when it simply isn't true. It's not a case of the best players playing, and it's not a case of guys earning more ice time based on play. If that were the case, Dano would be riding the pine. Nyquist's status does make him a victim, so maybe my anger is more directed at Babs' line-up.

You're hampering your best playmaker on the team with a plug... it's just absurd to me. I understand that Nyquist is in this spot because of Holland, but I think Tatar is getting the shaft here, too. I get spreading out talent, but at this point , I'd much rather bump Sammy up with Abs-Helm and see Miller-Andersson-Cleary. I just don't get what adding Cleary to the top line does for this team.

Hasn't Cleary been filling in holes on the bottom 6 most of the past month or so?

#50 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I don't get when re-signing Cleary did for this team.

#51 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

I doubt Cleary will last long on the top line. Babcock has a track record of separating the top two lines very quickly if he doesn't like what he sees.

And I can't imagine he's going to like what he sees from Cleary.

#52 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ok, my conspiracy theory regarding what the heck is going on with our talented youngsters.  When it comes time to sign them to a longer term contract, Kenny can make a lowball offer based on their bodies of work at the NHL level which will apparently be miniscule due to not playing them or playing them on scrub low scoring lines.  Then, when they are re-signed and occupying top lines/minutes he will look like a genious for getting them on the cheap.  OK, taking off my foil hat now.  Wings 6, canes 4.  LGW!!!

#53 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Ok, my conspiracy theory regarding what the heck is going on with our talented youngsters.  When it comes time to sign them to a longer term contract, Kenny can make a lowball offer based on their bodies of work at the NHL level which will apparently be miniscule due to not playing them or playing them on scrub low scoring lines.  Then, when they are re-signed and occupying top lines/minutes he will look like a genious for getting them on the cheap.  OK, taking off my foil hat now.  Wings 6, canes 4.  LGW!!!

While I can understand the thinking behind this, keep in mind that there aren't many stars/superstars left on this team so guys like Tatar and Gus could just say? Screw that, either pay me my market value or I am going to play and compete with another team for Lord Stanley.

After the whole call up/waiving fiasco Kenny would need a lot of balls and gambling willingness to pull of something like that.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#54 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Cleary scores 4 tonight.

#55 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Wings come out and dominate the first scoring 3 goals unanswered. The second period the Wings barely hold on and give up a single goal. In the third Babcock triple shifts Cleary and Samuelsson together while Howard gives up 2 soft goals. Then the game heads into OT where an errant pass from one of the Staals bounces off of Quincey's stick right onto a rookie forward who consequently buries his first NHL goal past Howard who is sprawling around helplessly. TL/DR Wings lose in OT.

#56 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

While I can understand the thinking behind this, keep in mind that there aren't many stars/superstars left on this team so guys like Tatar and Gus could just say? Screw that, either pay me my market value or I am going to play and compete with another team for Lord Stanley.

After the whole call up/waiving fiasco Kenny would need a lot of balls and gambling willingness to pull of something like that.

I know, I know.  That's why I made the foil hat reference.  I'm just kind of confused like a lot of other fans by the loyalties paid to guys not performing very well.  Kenny IS the GM and Babs IS the coach, not me, so I have never doubted their decisions based on their track records.  I'm just feeling a little guilty for starting to let doubt creep into my mind, so I come up with crazy reasons (excuses) for what they decide to do.  Anyway, LGW!!!  Shake it off and get back in the game boys!!!

#57 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Babcock is the king of hypocrisy. Says players need to  earn there ice time yet moves his buddy Cleary to the first line. If he stays on it more than one period I hope Babcock is fired during the intermission. More than likely CLeary will pick up a secondary assist on Dats going coast to coast and Babcock will justify his move. 

#58 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm sorry but I don't see the Wings putting up more than 3 goals realistically. Lets hope that gets us the win. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#59 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hey, remember earlier this season when Babs sat Tatar, or played him 6 minutes a night and said kids have to earn their spot? Now Nyquist is given a second line spot. I'm certainly not complaining, but it's interesting.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#60 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Please?

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke