• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Quincey

Rate this topic

And Kyle Quincey costs us another game.

The worst part about it, beyond the whole losing games and points thing, is that no team will want any part of him, whether through a trade or the waiver wire.

3,775,000 cap hit. Brutal.

As much as I would love to blame Quincy for every loss, we had plenty of problems tonight. Quincey's double minor was just the icing on the cake.

Quincey has been +1 only 2 games this year and the rest he was even or -ve. That is pathetic. He has 20 PM without a fight. He has the worst +/- in the league. He has 3 assists despite playing about a third of each game. What a piece of s***. Not worth the contract by any stretch and has cost this team quite often. I think we have taken 140min of PK or something like that and one player has 1/7th of that with no fights. Pathetic.

As much as I would love to blame Quincy for every loss, we had plenty of problems tonight. Quincey's double minor was just the icing on the cake.

The McArthur goal was also his fault. Right in front of the net it hits his skate and he stares at it, thinking "why am I not moving this somewhere?" and then it's taken away, Bing...Goal.

Someone make me a TRADE QUINCEY graphic.

Might as well get some kind of pick out of this loser, Holland burned a first rounder on him after waiving him....

Wait a minute!

WAIVE QUINCEY!

The McArthur goal was also his fault. Right in front of the net it hits his skate and he stares at it, thinking "why am I not moving this somewhere?" and then it's taken away, Bing...Goal.

I know we are all pissed about tonights loss but you can't blame a guy for the puck hitting him.

Like I said, we were playing very well before the Sens' first goal, which was his fault, and which took the wind out of our sails.

Do we have problems? Yes. Is Quincey arguably our biggest one? Yes.

Guest Crymson

Quincey is undoubtedly the worst player on the team. While I'm sure he made mistakes with the Avalanche and the Kings, back then he at least had some offensive production to balance them out. Now he's just a walking disaster.

I think Holland should just pick some random member of this forum to replace Quincey. Hell, or just pick some random person off of the street. At worst, they'll play just as effectively as Quincey.

Seriously, what a horrible ******* hockey player. It is ridiculous that they not only gave up a pick to bring this bum back, but they are paying him almost $4 million. Absurd.

You might as well just pile up all that money and light it on fire..at least it'll provide some warmth. Quincey provides nothing but screwing the team over time and time again, and making them worse.

I've made my points on Quincey. He's a flaming bag of s*** on someones porch. But if not for Hollands poor management, how good could this team be?

Quincey: 3.775 cap hit, 3 assists in 24 GP -14

Cleary: 1.75 cap hit 1G 2A in 23 GP +1

Samuelsson: 3.00 cap hit 1G 1A in 12 GP -1

Miller: 1.35 cap hit 1G 1A in 24 GP -8

Tootoo: 1.9 cap hit 0G 0A in 8GP -4

Eaves: 1.2 cap hit 0G 0A in 3 GP -2

12.975mil tied up in 6 guys who don't really do much. Could plugging in affordable kids and spending money more wisely on secondary scoring have really made us worse? Obviously not. As a saving grace, 4 of them are UFA's at seasons end, and when the cap goes up Millers contract won't be so bad. But it isn't pretty for this season, I had forgotten about Eaves and Tootoos contracts sitting in the minors, just poor management this season.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Quincey is undoubtedly the worst player on the team. While I'm sure he made mistakes with the Avalanche and the Kings, back then he at least had some offensive production to balance them out. Now he's just a walking disaster.

Cleary is worse. But Quincey has a much bigger role.

You can get away with one of your fourth-line scrubs being, well, a fourth-line scrub. It's much harder to get by with a problem player in your top four. And it's even harder when you've got both.

Kyle Quincey is perhaps the worst "trade" Holland has ever made... he has signed some questionable UFA's, but when it comes to trades he usually makes pretty good decisions. I hated this trade from day one, hated the re-signing and will kick Holland in the nuts (if I ever see him) if he re-signs him again.

Kyle Quincey is perhaps the worst "trade" Holland has ever made... he has signed some questionable UFA's, but when it comes to trades he usually makes pretty good decisions. I hated this trade from day one, hated the re-signing and will kick Holland in the nuts (if I ever see him) if he re-signs him again.

No you didn't. Here's what you actually said when Quincey was traded for...

"I may be in the minority here, but I think this is a nice deal. Kyle is a big upgrade over Kindl, he is much better (maybe not tougher) than Commodore, he will be a nice addition here. Welcome back Kyle!

and for those who think a first was too much, not only is the first gonna be at least in the bottom 4, it may be #30 overall, just like everyone is saying, but consider this, when was the last time Holland even used his first? The first is so low every year he usually trades it away for another 2nd round pick. Which he has done at least the last two season's. This could mean Holland isn't done, he has said Smith will be coming up soon to get some playing time, maybe Kindl is on his way out, who know's. But as minor as this deal was, it is a little exciting. Quincey will make an impression, trust me. Where are all the folks that were complaining just last week about how we lost him to waivers a few years ago. They should be happy!"

And here's where you said it...http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/71668-kyle-quincey-traded-to-detroit-in-3-team-trade-tbl-col/page-5?hl=%20trade%20%20quincey

You are aware that when you say things on a forum, and then flip flop later, people can look it up right?

Guest Crymson

I can't help but wonder how much of this stems from not having Scotty Bowman watching the games and giving his two cents.

It's certainly been working for Chicago.

Bowman was a great coach, but he wasn't the infallible titan that some people on here play him out to be. He was perfectly capable of losing with teams full of all-stars and hall-of-famers, and he did so more often than not.

Edited by Crymson

I do remember saying that stuff, doesn't mean I liked it. BUT, at the time, I absolutely HATED Kindl, and he was an upgrade over Commodore. So, I was fine with it when it first happened, I don't recall if I said that a 1st round pick was way overpayment when I said the same thing about welcoming him back, but I do believe that even though initially he would be an upgrade, I did believe that the 1st round pick was way too much for him...

I know I wasn't in love from the start with the trade, but maybe saying I hated it was too harsh. I can guarantee if you look just a few weeks further after the trade I can guarantee that I absolutely hated the trade and was very VERY disappointed in the amount of money he was re-signed for and was hoping for another team to sign him to an offer sheet...

Ok, after my posts in that thread, I guess I was on his bandwagon initially, mostly due to my hated for Kindl and disappointment in Commodore, but I know it wasn't too long after that he soured on me. It just seems that I have hated it from day one as much as I have disliked him the majority of the time he has been back...oh well. I should just say that I have been very disappointed in Q pretty much from day one and hope and pray he does NOT get re-signed...it still marks one of Holland's worst trades...and re-signing...