• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Quincey

Rate this topic

Quincey is undoubtedly the worst player on the team. While I'm sure he made mistakes with the Avalanche and the Kings, back then he at least had some offensive production to balance them out. Now he's just a walking disaster.

Unfortunately he's not the worst. That's whats gotten us in this mess.

Guest Crymson

Unfortunately he's not the worst. That's whats gotten us in this mess.

He is the worst. Cleary sucks, sure, but he's effectively a 4th-liner. More, his difficulties stem from physical injuries. Quincey is quite simply just dumb.

Bowman was a great coach, but he wasn't the infallible titan that some people on here play him out to be. He was perfectly capable of losing with teams full of all-stars and hall-of-famers, and he did so more often than not.

Saying, "Well, he's not perfect," is kinda missing the point, I think. He's a guy that any organization would love to have, and rightfully so.

Infallible titan? No. Genius and legend who played a central role in creating and guiding our "dynasty" and winning us three Cups? Yes.

Bowman >>> No Bowman

I guess I'm going to put this here because I don't know where else. Anybody have any idea why Phoenix waived Rostaslav Klesla? I mean, I understand he's not a superstar, but I always thought he would at least be a top four shutdown guy on a lot of teams. He's huge, not too old, and seems to be in good health. I can't figure this one.

We need Quincey to elbow Turris in the head on Sunday and then crush Ryan from behind. Then, hopefully they miss as many games as Pavel, and he gets suspended for the remainder of the season.

Childish, I know.

Yes, it is childish to think Quincey would play with any heart

He is the worst. Cleary sucks, sure, but he's effectively a 4th-liner. More, his difficulties stem from physical injuries. Quincey is quite simply just dumb.

I gotta disagree, the distinction of the worst player on the team,IMHO, has to go to Samuelsson. Quincey plays a lot of minutes, and yes he makes plenty of mistakes but every once in awhile he makes a good play. Samuelsson on the other hand barely plays, rarely makes a good play, and never hits the net. Also taking into account that he makes 3 million and kills the teams cap flexibility. I nominate him for worst player on this team.

I gotta disagree, the distinction of the worst player on the team,IMHO, has to go to Samuelsson. Quincey plays a lot of minutes, and yes he makes plenty of mistakes but every once in awhile he makes a good play. Samuelsson on the other hand barely plays, rarely makes a good play, and never hits the net. Also taking into account that he makes 3 million and kills the teams cap flexibility. I nominate him for worst player on this team.

Quincey makes 3.775 mil, and with his ice time his points should be much higher, and his +/- should not be nearly as bad as it is

Quincey makes 3.775 mil, and with his ice time his points should be much higher, and his +/- should not be nearly as bad as it is

Well just to play devil's advocate, given how bad our offense is and how hard it is for us to score, one could argue that Quincey (along with everyone else on the team) has an artificially inflated +/-. Also, he's being utilized as a defensive defenseman and doesn't see PP time at all. Therefore, he's not expected to score much. In 2009-2010 Brad Stuart got lots of ice time, scored 20 pts. (with a much better offensive team), and was -12. Yet nobody would ever have said he was our worst defender...let alone our worst player (as some are mentioning). Why?

Mostly because people hate Quincey and liked Stuart based on his style of play. And a little bit because sometimes people fail to realize that unlike most other positions in most other sports, defensive defensemen don't have too many individual indicators of success. Their team can make them look REALLY good (2009 Stuart) or REALLY bad (2013 Quincey).

Whether or not Quincey is the problem or if its our team, fact is Wings just signed another $4M+ defenseman, the market is going to dictate that Quincey get at least what Ericsson got, if not more, so for the Wings, that is way too much to have invested in a #5/6 defenseman. Both Kindl and Dekeyser are better and worth more to this team than Quincey, and I am not even that high on Kindl...

This just upped the price for Dekeyser, thankfully he is an RFA. I can see Danny getting at least Kindl money, if not a bit higher...

Quincey will NOT take a paycut to stay, so I think and hope it is goodbye to Q this summer.

Whether or not Quincey is the problem or if its our team, fact is Wings just signed another $4M+ defenseman, the market is going to dictate that Quincey get at least what Ericsson got, if not more, so for the Wings, that is way too much to have invested in a #5/6 defenseman. Both Kindl and Dekeyser are better and worth more to this team than Quincey, and I am not even that high on Kindl...

This just upped the price for Dekeyser, thankfully he is an RFA. I can see Danny getting at least Kindl money, if not a bit higher...

Quincey will NOT take a paycut to stay, so I think and hope it is goodbye to Q this summer.

If Quincey continues to play as he has this season, there is no way he gets half of E's salary. Q's current salary is based, mostly, on what he did before we traded for him. He's been on a pretty steady decline since. Either way, I don't see us re-signing him.

I have this sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach that after locking up Ericsson for 4 or 5 years whatever it's going to be that Holland is going to try and resign Quincey next. With free agent contracts going up and the Wings not having a ton of cap space, I can just picture Holland saying that Quiney is the best player that we could get for the amount of cap space we had. Does anyone else have the same fear?

Quincey is statistically the worst defender in the league right now. He has the worst +/- and only 3 assists with 22min in minor penalties. If Holland says that I quit.

Bearing in mind that we've already got 6 defencemen on the books for next season (assuming DelKaiser is a given), Almquist is out of options, and Oullet is already knocking on the door, I don't see how or why we would re-sign Quincey.

Use his cap space to see if a top-4 D-man becomes available via FA or trade, if not let them all go to training camp and battle for the 6th and 7th spots

Well just to play devil's advocate, given how bad our offense is and how hard it is for us to score, one could argue that Quincey (along with everyone else on the team) has an artificially inflated +/-. Also, he's being utilized as a defensive defenseman and doesn't see PP time at all. Therefore, he's not expected to score much. In 2009-2010 Brad Stuart got lots of ice time, scored 20 pts. (with a much better offensive team), and was -12. Yet nobody would ever have said he was our worst defender...let alone our worst player (as some are mentioning). Why?

Mostly because people hate Quincey and liked Stuart based on his style of play. And a little bit because sometimes people fail to realize that unlike most other positions in most other sports, defensive defensemen don't have too many individual indicators of success. Their team can make them look REALLY good (2009 Stuart) or REALLY bad (2013 Quincey).

I think you're reaching a bit, kip. Not that your points are necessarily invalid. (You're right about defensive defensemen being, in a way, unsung heroes. If I'm reading you right.) It's just, any way you look at it, Quincey has been a disappointment. As an offensive defenseman, as a defensive defenseman, as a defenseman, as a hockey player. As a guy making almost four million a year.

The one thing that I think might really help his cause: not being counted on to be our # 3 or #4. He's essentially a third-pairing guy playing in the top four. Too much responsibility. Too many opportunities for him to look silly and possibly even lose games for us singlehandedly. Unfortunately, we don't really have a better option. Kindl has regressed to the point where I don't trust him to do anything, and Lashoff is perfect as a depth defenseman.

Bearing in mind that we've already got 6 defencemen on the books for next season (assuming DelKaiser is a given), Almquist is out of options, and Oullet is already knocking on the door, I don't see how or why we would re-sign Quincey.

Use his cap space to see if a top-4 D-man becomes available via FA or trade, if not let them all go to training camp and battle for the 6th and 7th spots

It's been awhile since I last mentioned DAN GIRARDI.

Ahhh, that felt good.

I think you're reaching a bit, kip. Not that your points are necessarily invalid. (You're right about defensive defensemen being, in a way, unsung heroes. If I'm reading you right.) It's just, any way you look at it, Quincey has been a disappointment. As an offensive defenseman, as a defensive defenseman, as a defenseman, as a hockey player. As a guy making almost four million a year.

The one thing that I think might really help his cause: not being counted on to be our # 3 or #4. He's essentially a third-pairing guy playing in the top four. Too much responsibility. Too many opportunities for him to look silly and possibly even lose games for us singlehandedly. Unfortunately, we don't really have a better option. Kindl has regressed to the point where I don't trust him to do anything, and Lashoff is perfect as a depth defenseman.

It's been awhile since I last mentioned DAN GIRARDI.

Ahhh, that felt good.

I certianly don't think that he's earning his money, don't get me wrong. I just also don't think he's been as bad as he's been made out to be around here. That's all. In general this team has been absolutely horrid for quite a while, and I see no reason to single Quincey out as if he's somehow been worse that the rest of the garbage we've put out on the ice recently.

I mean, there are people saying Quincey is terrible for having 3 assists, 22 pims, and -12, but giving a pass to Smith and his 1 assist, 26 pims, and -8. Truth is, neither have played very well, but both are better than what their detractors make them out to be. Difference is, Smith has "potential" and occasionally punches a guy, so he gets a pass while Kyle gets the blame.

I certianly don't think that he's earning his money, don't get me wrong. I just also don't think he's been as bad as he's been made out to be around here. That's all. In general this team has been absolutely horrid for quite a while, and I see no reason to single Quincey out as if he's somehow been worse that the rest of the garbage we've put out on the ice recently.

I mean, there are people saying Quincey is terrible for having 3 assists, 22 pims, and -12, but giving a pass to Smith and his 1 assist, 26 pims, and -8. Truth is, neither have played very well, but both are better than what their detractors make them out to be. Difference is, Smith has "potential" and occasionally punches a guy, so he gets a pass while Kyle gets the blame.

To be fair, I think the big difference is that Quincey has played over 350 games in the NHL whereas Smith has played less then 80.

One you expect to be completely over boneheaded rookie mistakes. The other it's a little more understandable.