• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's irrelevant in the sense that he's extremely unlikely to be offered a contract extension here at all.

Says the poster with a "Bench Cleary" signature graphic. Irony, your name is Crymson. :D

#42 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Says the poster with a "Bench Cleary" signature graphic. Irony, your name is Crymson. :D

I don't get it.

#43 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

I don't get it.

You claim there's no chance the team will resign Quincey, but it resigned Cleary. Bad things happen.

#44 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

You claim there's no chance the team will resign Quincey, but it resigned Cleary. Bad things happen.

Bad things like a generally terrible defenseman being signed to a long-term, big money contract? No, not really.

Also, I've yet to hear you entirely explain your post. Why is my name ironic?

#45 Internet.Unknown

Internet.Unknown

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Your name isn't ironic. Your post was.

1. You claimed Q wouldn't likely be resigned (a slug player).

2. Cleary, however, was resigned (another slug).

3. You sport a "Bench Cleary" signature.

By your sig, you're aware that the Wings do in fact sign players that shouldn't be signed. That's the irony.

Perhaps you know this and are trolling me. :confused:

#46 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

People keep repeating this as if it's a fact, but I've not seen anything to indicate why the coach should bear more responsibility for signing Cleary than the GM who offered him multi-year deals in June, only to finally sign him a few months later.   Babcock starting Cleary on the top line in some games doesn't mean he somehow strong armed Holland into re-signing him.

And that's going way too easy on the Sammy signing.  It was a desperation move after Holland failed at his other desperation moves in the Suter/Parise sweepstakes.  He gave a raise, 2 year deal and a NTC on a 35+ contract as the league was headed into CBA negotiations that he had to know would result in a much lower cap.  Now he has a $3 million fourth liner who's often a healthy scratch to show for it. The only reason Sammy's deal hasn't looked even worse is because he was on LTIR for most of last season.  For a guy who's the king of "the cost was too high" this was a terrible signing by Holland, which many people here predicted.

Holland did pretty well this offseason (minus Cleary) but he's paying for his big mistakes in 2012.  He couldn't even give away Tootoo because of the contract he has.  If this were any other GM in the league people here would be pointing and laughing at what he'd done to his team's roster this season.

Totally agree with everything you said.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#47 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

And Kyle Quincey costs us another game.

The worst part about it, beyond the whole losing games and points thing, is that no team will want any part of him, whether through a trade or the waiver wire.

3,775,000 cap hit. Brutal.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

another terrible game, terrible cap hit and a terrible trade. I hated it then, I despise it now

#49 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

We were playing so well, maybe the best we've played all season. Then, boom, Quincey. And we never really recovered.

He's our opposition's best friend, every. freaking. game.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#50 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

I really hope once the injured players get back that Quincey is the odd man out on the back end. I don't know how many times a player can be the direct reason why a goal was scored, a bad penalty, costly turnover, etc and yet still play a regular shift.
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#51 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

And Kyle Quincey costs us another game.

The worst part about it, beyond the whole losing games and points thing, is that no team will want any part of him, whether through a trade or the waiver wire.

3,775,000 cap hit. Brutal.

As much as I would love to blame Quincy for every loss, we had plenty of problems tonight. Quincey's double minor was just the icing on the cake.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#52 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

As much as I would love to blame Quincy for every loss, we had plenty of problems tonight. Quincey's double minor was just the icing on the cake.

He seems to contribute to every loss somehow

#53 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Quincey has been +1 only 2 games this year and the rest he was even or -ve. That is pathetic. He has 20 PM without a fight. He has the worst +/- in the league. He has 3 assists despite playing about a third of each game. What a piece of s***. Not worth the contract by any stretch and has cost this team quite often. I think we have taken 140min of PK or something like that and one player has 1/7th of that with no fights. Pathetic.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#54 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

The McArthur goal was also his fault. Right in front of the net it hits his skate and he stares at it, thinking "why am I not moving this somewhere?" and then it's taken away, Bing...Goal.

#55 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Someone make me a TRADE QUINCEY graphic. 

Might as well get some kind of pick out of this loser, Holland burned a first rounder on him after waiving him....

Wait a minute! 

WAIVE QUINCEY!

#56 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

The McArthur goal was also his fault. Right in front of the net it hits his skate and he stares at it, thinking "why am I not moving this somewhere?" and then it's taken away, Bing...Goal.

I know we are all pissed about tonights loss but you can't blame a guy for the puck hitting him.

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Like I said, we were playing very well before the Sens' first goal, which was his fault, and which took the wind out of our sails.

Do we have problems? Yes. Is Quincey arguably our biggest one? Yes.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

I know we are all pissed about tonights loss but you can't blame a guy for the puck hitting him.

OK, we'll just stick with the 9,000 other incidents.

At this point I'm ready to blame him for my kidney stones.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#59 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

OK, we'll just stick with the 9,000 other incidents.

At this point I'm ready to blame him for my kidney stones.

I had a hernia 10 years ago, damn you Quincey

#60 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

He's pretty bad. I'd rather see Ouellet or Almquist get some experience and send him down to try to get his game in order. That is, if the cap situation would allow it.