• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SDavis35

What is Samuelsson's role?

Rate this topic

I will say this: he's better than Dan Cleary. He's a decent bottom-6 offensive option at this point. However, not great. Yes, he put up 30 in Vancouver.

Playing with the Sedins.

He could have a role with this team but he just doesn't play it. He's not producing a whole lot despite being somewhat healthy this year (knock on wood). He's not close to the biggest of our problems, but he certainly isn't a large part of the solution, either.

Agreed.

He could have a role with this team but he just doesn't play it. He's not producing a whole lot despite being somewhat healthy this year (knock on wood). He's not close to the biggest of our problems, but he certainly isn't a large part of the solution, either.

He actually is one of the biggest of our problems. Not playingwise, he is pretty decent so far this year in my opinion. And I would be glad to have him if his cap-hit was around 1.5 Mill. But 3 Mil for a 4th-liner is way to much. He was planned to play in the Top6 with it and thats where the problem with him lies right now.

To ward off band-wagon fans.

To keep armchair GM's and coaches from becoming bored.

To keep the team's IKEA Multi-Swede Discount Card active.

To show us up when he goes on a hot streak during the SCF.

His role is veteran leadership, cannon of a shot from the point and brings that well known knowledge of the knowing the Wings system.

Yeah right.

Having said that if he scored more he'd be a bit more useful. But as it is Sammy is way overpaid for someone else who could be brought in who is younger, tougher, faster, cheaper and probably produce more.

Tell us something we don't know already I know.