• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumnj

****(Stuff) no one says about the Wings

Rate this topic

So, a thread where everyone can complain about all of the same things that they complain about in every other thread.... except this time they'll say the opposite and be sarcastic about it. How refreshingly new.

This is kinda true. The best one so far for me was the one about z's powerful beard.

Here's one from Eddie Olcyczxzcyk: "Teams get away with so much 'subtle interference' against the Wings."

So, a thread where everyone can complain about all of the same things that they complain about in every other thread.... except this time they'll say the opposite and be sarcastic about it. How refreshingly new.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the same old Cleary and Sammy comments.

If it's specifically from fans of other teams:

"Even though they've lost some great players, I don't think the Wings will decline this year."

"That Nick Lidstrom should be ranked higher than Bourque on the list of all time defenseman, even though Bourque was a good canadian kid."

"You know what, it's not the system. The Wings have had some really great individually talented players."

"That was one of the most fairly called games I have ever seen." - any fan of a Canadian team after a loss to the Wings

"Hey, why isn't Babcock using Sammy on the point? He's a sure goal!"

"Those Wings, they sure are a big, tough team."

"You guys see Cleary got on the TSN Top 10."

"That was one of the most fairly called games I have ever seen." - any fan of a Canadian team after a loss to the Wings

The last one only if it's the blooper reel

Don't just blame that on the Canadian fans, look back through the GDTs to see that our fans complain all the time about the officiating. I actually came here to post about it actually. So here's mine.

"There's definitely not a league wide conspiracy to keep the Wings down. That's just silly."

"It's not the ref's fault we're taking stupid penalties"

"None of our guys were at fault, that was just a great effort by Ottawa, Boston, etc."

"Gary Bettman almost certainly isn't trying to ruin the hockey experience for me personally"