• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWang

The Dan Cleary Hate Zone

Rate this topic

FWIW

Malik seems to think Cleary will eventually get put on waivers.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-tuesday-practice-post-no-datsyuk-no-bertuzzi-vs.-bs

For the record, if Daniel Cleary were to be waived--and it certainly seems like he's going to draw the short straw at some point, sucky as it may be for him, and if he is waived, here's how his $ would break down:

.@will_crist I believe the Cleary salary relief would be $ (1.75 m) - ($550K + $375K) = $825,000.

At this point I just feel really bad for the guy, no hard feelings against him. I don't think it's a matter of trying harder, wanting it more, etc. His body is simply done with this sport called ice hockey. It's had enough, and it wants out.

He is dragging this team all the way down to 3 points behind the Bruins in a division most of you said would kick the living crap out of the Red Wings.

Man it is tough to suck so bad that in arguably the toughest division in Hockey the Red Wings are all of three points out of first with 7 OT or shoot out losses!

Edited by Opie

He is dragging this team all the way down to 3 points behind the Bruins in a division most of you said would kick the living crap out of the Red Wings.

Man it is tough to suck so bad that in arguably the toughest division in Hockey the Red Wings are all of three points out of first with 7 OT or shoot out losses!

What does our record have to do with cleary's awful play? We may be in a good position in the standings, but cleary has been really bad. If anything, you're point proves we should waive cleary once Pavs and Bert come back. If we were in last, there would be no good reason to dump cleary. As it is now, if someone, who can score, was in cleary's place, the wings may have won a few more games.

This has zero relevence to dano, this team is 3 pts behind boston because of everyone BUT him producing. There is no positive argument for him in any way shape or form. Stick a fork in him, hes done.

What matters other than where the Wings are in the standings?

If they are winning, then the Coach/Org is doing something right, Correct?

And I believe the opposite of you, If the Wings are in last 1/3 of the way through the season that is when you make moves, you don't say "Oh crap, we are 28 games in and in last place, all is lost!" Unless of course you are an organization that doesn't have a 20+ year tradition of making the playoffs.

When you are three points behind the top team in your division, through some real crappy play and an overall lack of goals, you stay the course and try to make line up, not roster changes.

Why on Earth after 28 games you would completely give up and make no changes is beyond me.

The team is getting contributions from guys like Miller, Nyquist, Tatar, Helm and even Smith.

Lots of guys are starting to put together some really good stretches of Play, Alfie, Mule, Helm etc...

Sure the fourth line is not the most explosive line in hockey, but what fourth line is?

BTW, who is this person who could get more out of Cleary's 13 minutes a game?

Other than the obvious answer of "someone Who Scores more", is that a hyphenated last name? Haven't heard of him before!

I get that he is not the Wings best player, but the coach has a lot of respect for him, I will go with Babs opinion over yours, mainly because I know his coaching track record and not yours!

The point I was making was that when you're in last place, there are more important issues than dealing with a plug like cleary. Since our top lines are playing well and the team is In a good position in the standings, making changes to our ineffective fourth line is a good idea.

Babs has been playing cleary less and less. The only reason he sees any icetime is because we are short on forwards. As soon as we get Bert or Dats back, cleary will be in the press box. Once DD comes back, cleary is the most likely player to be waived.

Sorry, we will not discuss the performance of individual players whilst the team is doing well in the standings. How silly of us. The team is winning, Cleary is winning!

On a discussion board as well...I can't believe us...what have we become?!

Sorry, we will not discuss the performance of individual players whilst the team is doing well in the standings. How silly of us. The team is winning, Cleary is winning!

On a discussion board as well...I can't believe us...what have we become?!

It is not that people are discussing it, it is the way.

When did I say you could not discuss it, what I said was

Because people HATE the man, what a miserable life you(in general not you specific) must lead to hate a player on your favorite team because he is not an elite fourth liner anymore.

This is the same Dan Cleary that was one of the top point getters last post season!

I don't take up his cause when someone like Wings_Dynasty says he is disposable, however when some one like Amato posts:

cleary sucks!

I will take up his cause!

So what you are saying is right now there is no better option, but you would like them to pick a better option???

No. I'm saying the only reason a better option has not been picked is that there is no better option. When did I say action must be taken, now? I specifically said that the situation is going to be resolved when we get healthy. I'm really not even saying anything disagreeable. Cleary has been bad lately. That doesn't make him a bad person, nor does it mean he was never good. However, going by the eye test and statistics, it's clear, cleary provides nothing for this team.

Nyquist could have been up the entire season without Cleary and I think even six games of evidence has proven Nyquist could handle the minutes. Hell, I would definitely argue that all of Eaves, Tootoo and Glendening in Grand Rapids are better options.

This isn't just a case of "anyone would be better than Cleary." It's absolutely true given the abundance of forwards in the organization back in September and still today.

No. I'm saying the only reason a better option has not been picked is that there is no better option. When did I say action must be taken, now? I specifically said that the situation is going to be resolved when we get healthy. I'm really not even saying anything disagreeable. Cleary has been bad lately. That doesn't make him a bad person, nor does it mean he was never good. However, going by the eye test and statistics, it's clear, cleary provides nothing for this team.

So by quoting me and then asking what my post had to do with the topic is not disagreeing with me?

I apologize for the misunderstanding!

BTW, I hate the "Eye Test" answer that is a BS answer that is impacted by your own bias and perception, which is impacted heavily by a pre-conceived notion of what Cleary is or isn't doing!

Nyquist could have been up the entire season without Cleary and I think even six games of evidence has proven Nyquist could handle the minutes. Hell, I would definitely argue that all of Eaves, Tootoo and Glendening in Grand Rapids are better options.

This isn't just a case of "anyone would be better than Cleary." It's absolutely true given the abundance of forwards in the organization back in September and still today.

Wait, Nyquist is being benched for Cleary?? WOW I must be watching a different Red Wings Team!

BTW this team no longer has a gluttony of forwards, that argument was valid in September, but now Tatar and Nyquist are playing bigger roles than Cleary on this team!

Another BTW, I have no issues with Cleary in the Pressbox when the Wings are healthy, but as of right now what better option is there?

[quote name="Opie" post="2460178" timestamp="13860

This is the same Dan Cleary that was one of the top point getters last post season!

To borrow a financial term for cleary's playoffs it was the ole "dead cat bounce"

So by quoting me and then asking what my post had to do with the topic is not disagreeing with me?

I apologize for the misunderstanding!

BTW, I hate the "Eye Test" answer that is a BS answer that is impacted by your own bias and perception, which is impacted heavily by a pre-conceived notion of what Cleary is or isn't doing!

Wait, Nyquist is being benched for Cleary?? WOW I must be watching a different Red Wings Team!

BTW this team no longer has a gluttony of forwards, that argument was valid in September, but now Tatar and Nyquist are playing bigger roles than Cleary on this team!

Another BTW, I have no issues with Cleary in the Pressbox when the Wings are healthy, but as of right now what better option is there?

Eaves, Tootoo, Glendening. There's 3.

The same Eaves and Tootoo who cleared waivers?

Glendening, I will give you, but in this org him coming up already is probably not going to happen!

who cares if they cleared waivers? right now they are better options than cleary. if holland has the balls to put cleary on waivers, he wont get claimed either.

What has either of them done this year or last that tells you they are the better option?

Tootoo gets limited minutes and games because of the exact reason a lot on here like him.

He often takes himself out of the play to make a big hit.

Sure it is nice to see a guy in the winged Wheel lay a big hit or two a game, but not at the price of team D.

Eaves is Miller reincarnate, I still am not sure why Holland continues to sign the both of them, they are both very good PKers, and provide good D, but if Miller is in, do you really need Eaves and vice verse.

Who would argue this?