• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FlashyG

11/23 GDT: Game 24 - Senators 4 @ Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

More bad news:

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 12m

Wings said Pavel Datsyuk won't play Sunday at Buffalo after taking that elbow to the head from Jared Cowen.

Wings are taking necessary precuation with Datsyuk, in case he has concussion.

This too:

Ken Holland said Daniel Alfredsson will replace Datsyuk in the lineup. Alfredsson missed five games with a groin pull.

Weiss talked about he and Alfredsson lobbying to play tonight. Now that Dats is out Alfie is ready to go. It sure feels like there's an element of roster management with these injuries. I'm not saying the guys aren't injured. But when they get into the lineup sure seems to be a little shady.

More bad news:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 12m

Wings said Pavel Datsyuk won't play Sunday at Buffalo after taking that elbow to the head from Jared Cowen.

Wings are taking necessary precuation with Datsyuk, in case he has concussion.

This too:

Ken Holland said Daniel Alfredsson will replace Datsyuk in the lineup. Alfredsson missed five games with a groin pull.

Weiss talked about he and Alfredsson lobbying to play tonight. Now that Dats is out Alfie is ready to go. It sure feels like there's an element of roster management with these injuries. I'm not saying the guys aren't injured. But when they get into the lineup sure seems to be a little shady.

They weren't on LTIR so I don't think it actually helps to have them out of the lineup. Gives an extra roster spot but without cash to call anyone up we can't use it anyway. So I say 'no' to that conspiracy.

Sucks about Datsyuk. Hope it's just for one game. We should be able to beat Buffalo without him, but who knows with this team.

Let's see:

Franzen-Z-Alfie

Tatar-Weiss-Nyquist

Edited by dat's sick

They weren't on LTIR so I don't think it actually helps to have them out of the lineup. Gives an extra roster spot but without cash to call anyone up we can't use it anyway. So I say 'no' to that conspiracy.

Sucks about Datsyuk. Hope it's just for one game. We should be able to beat Buffalo without him, but who knows with this team.

Let's see:

Franzen-Z-Alfie

Tatar-Weiss-Nyquist

Yeah, without LTIR I know it doesn't help cap wise, but I wasn't sure if they needed that with DD on LTIR and Tootoo and Eaves waived. I thought it was just roster spots.

but honestly I get pretty confused about the roster/cap implications of all these moves.

Im thinking if Detroit had played anyone but Ottawa then Alfie would have been in. For how bad he played the first game against them I am thinking they didnt aant more stress added for his first game back after injury.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It would have at least been exciting with Glendening, Tootoo out there instead of Sammy, Cleary. Someone may have actually stopped Ottawa from all that "extra" stuff.

Let's see:

Franzen-Z-Alfie
Tatar-Weiss-Nyquist

your top 6 is missing a certain player....

Edited by ben_usmc

Thank God we are only playing Buffalo tomorrow... we should still be able to win that game without Pasha... I think Pasha will be fine come Wednesday I think it is just the team making sure, which I would rather them do.

After viewing this game, it is apparent that the Sens are a bunch of hacks, and just take runs at our top guys the entire game... like honestly what a bunch of goons. I really hope the Wings get their fully healthy team back by the time we play in Ottawa so that we can just destroy them because, despite us losing both times, our full lineup, when on its game, is far far better then the Sens.

Another thing, Howard isn't giving us wins. He is not to blame for us losing, but his stats don't lie... he hasn't been playing like we know (and he knows) he can be. Monster has won just one less game then Howard for crying out loud and, in doing so, one of those wins was solely because of Monster playing super good. So, if you ask me, Monster should be getting the start tomorrow and if he gets us a win, then Babs should continue to ride him. It is time to stop just letting everyone play as if they have earned the right and time to start to make these players earn their time.

Kenny has now 6 days in order to prepare for a huge statement game (not scorewise). Shed whatever salary can be shed, send the non producing players to the AHL/put them on waivers get McKee up, sign a top 3 enforcer tell them:,,no matter what the league is trying to tell you, EVERYTHING goes you'll be paid even if suspended just do the ......insert job....on Neil, Spezza or Karlsson tell McKee to crash Cowen through the glass Charastyle, crosscheck Karlsson everytime he is one the ice and nominate Lehner/Andersson for getting kronwall(ed).

This will be a game where I honestly don't care about two points, the DetroitRedWings need a huge statement game and if they don't react after this, Kenny deserves to be fired. An original 6 team getting pushed around at home, by a wannabe tough team thats unacceptable. If I am Babcock I'd be storming into Kennys office and tell him to either get me some tough, mean SOBS asap or I am out of here.

How did the enforcer called PP work? Not very well and it's gotten worse every year since the perfect human and Holmer retired!

No Bert and no Tootoo means other teams run amok with complete freedom to elbow our best players in the head and slash at least three players in the legs, with no penalties, and worse, no response from the players on the ice. Bert is the best we have in terms of showing some grit, let's face it.

And then the Sens complain that the Wings dive, in a game they won. :sleepy: No one ever said hockey players are smart, necessarily.

No respect for Giggles and his walrus-like coach. Wings better get a game plan together for December 1 in Ottawa, or it's not gonna be pretty. I've seen this team, first-hand, cave in to the home team when the returning "traitor" player is on the ice and the Wings ought to show up for him. Not pretty at all. :scared:

For the Sens to play the way they did all game, and then come out after the game and talk to the media and accuse the Wings of diving to a man, is a ******* joke. Dives? Franzen, yepp, he's a coward anyway. But now we know that Datsyuk was concussed on Cowens elbow, so if I were a Red Wing I'd be pretty ******* pissed off to here that s***. If they don't come out and play motivated the next game against Ottawa I'll be pretty disapppointed.

This was an embarrassing game, no matter how one is looking at it the only bright spot Smith showing huge balls against Neil.

- diving: seriously stop this crap this isn't soccer nor basketball show some class

- pushed around: the best player on this team BY FAR is getting ellbowed and no one willing to stand up for him? WTF

- losing against a joke of an expansion team, which can't even fill their own building without TorontoMapleLeafs fans *LOL*

- PP sucked as always since St. Nick retired...

Enough with the soft euro style, create a fourth line from hell like the TorontoMapleLeafs have done, after getting pushed around now they are one - if not - the toughest team in the NHL, that's how to build a fourth line Kenny.

I like what Bertuzzi brings, but seriously other enforcers are not afraid to fight him...guys like Scott, McGrattan, McIntyre, McLaren, Orr or Bordelau are striking FEAR into the opponent. Heck call Russia and ask for Trevor Gillies I will be incredible pissed off, if they view the next meeting against Ottawa as a normal game, it's a statement game so they better make one.

While Howard isn't to blame for the situation, he isn't helping either so what about giving the monster some games? He has played pretty well and even outplayed an elite goaltender in Tuka Raask some weeks ago.

Edited by frankgrimes

This was an embarrassing game, no matter how one is looking at it the only bright spot Smith showing huge balls against Neil.

- diving: seriously stop this crap this isn't soccer nor basketball show some class

- pushed around: the best player on this team BY FAR is getting ellbowed and no one willing to stand up for him? WTF

- losing against a joke of an expansion team, which can't even fill their own building without TorontoMapleLeafs fans *LOL*

- PP sucked as always since St. Nick retired...

Enough with the soft euro style, create a fourth line from hell like the TorontoMapleLeafs have done, after getting pushed around now they are one - if not - the toughest team in the NHL, that's how to build a fourth line Kenny.

I like what Bertuzzi brings, but seriously other enforcers are not afraid to fight him...guys like Scott, McGrattan, McIntyre, McLaren, Orr or Bordelau are striking FEAR into the opponent. Heck call Russia and ask for Trevor Gillies I will be incredible pissed off, if they view the next meeting against Ottawa as a normal game, it's a statement game so they better make one.

While Howard isn't to blame for the situation, he isn't helping either so what about giving the monster some games? He has played pretty well and even outplayed an elite goaltender in Tuka Raask some weeks ago.

I couldn't agree more with this. The Wings got pushed around and quit playing the game. Neil ran around all night intimidating the wings then pursued one of our young D into a fight he didn't want to be in. Z was roughed up and Pavel was beat down all night. Not one of the Red Wings stood up or helped out their teammates. Ericsson, Quincey, Abby where were you? If Abby won't help out and push back in a game like that he can be waived as well. Holland and co have a week to figure out what to do before our next meeting with them. and don't think every team in the league saw how the Wings folded last night as well

I couldn't agree more with this. The Wings got pushed around and quit playing the game. Neil ran around all night intimidating the wings then pursued one of our young D into a fight he didn't want to be in. Z was roughed up and Pavel was beat down all night. Not one of the Red Wings stood up or helped out their teammates. Ericsson, Quincey, Abby where were you? If Abby won't help out and push back in a game like that he can be waived as well. Holland and co have a week to figure out what to do before our next meeting with them. and don't think every team in the league saw how the Wings folded last night as well

But you don't understand, intimidation and rough stuff doesn't work against the Wings. Just ask LGW.

esteef

Howard is having a year like MAF last year ... maybe all goalies go through this but that's why we have Mrazek and Gustavsson. Babs don't have the balls to sit Howard ... I'm sure he is using the 'Gotta get him going Mantra'.

I'm beyond pissed off ... I was pissed off when we lost to Rangers way back month ago. This is crappy mediocre hockey and Wings organization should not put up with this.

Howard is having a year like MAF last year ... maybe all goalies go through this but that's why we have Mrazek and Gustavsson. Babs don't have the balls to sit Howard ... I'm sure he is using the 'Gotta get him going Mantra'.

I'm beyond pissed off ... I was pissed off when we lost to Rangers way back month ago. This is crappy mediocre hockey and Wings organization should not put up with this.

Even if Kenny would - which I don't believe - I am sure, Mr. I (besto wner in all of sports) doesn't :)

Might want to look at that again. Smith has asking Neil to go for quite a while before Neil dropped the gloves. Kind of a stretch to say he didn't want to fight.

Also, the idea that teams are going to look at last night's game as a model for how to beat the Wings is laughable. We've lost like gang busters for about six weeks now and this is the first time that a team really took it to us physically. Hell, if you wanted a model for how to beat the Wings, wouldn't you use the last Ottawa game, which was barely physical and more of an ass whipping?

Remember when the Isles physically abused the Pens after the bullying the Pens did previously.

But you don't understand, intimidation and rough stuff doesn't work against the Wings. Just ask LGW.

esteef

dude it doesn't. We had 3 5 on 3's which obviously won us the game.....

Edited by ben_usmc

Last night was incredibly frustrating and I know people think the Wings suck. But they don't. They're not going to dominate but they're in a lot of these games to the end. Painfully to the end. Like the Detroit Lions style of "you think they're going to pull it out but manage to screw it up" kind of games.

The roster and cap situation is a mess but Babcock is a great coach and the season is long. A few small changes or improvements could get them on the other side of these games.

Jimmy Howard is a 6 million Dollar goalie wow a waste of money five more years of this crap

He is ? Just because he's not playing that well and you're being irrational you can't just round his cap number up to whatever makes you feel good.

He is ? Just because he's not playing that well and you're being irrational you can't just round his cap number up to whatever makes you feel good.

He needs to round it up to make sound as bad as possible. He forgets that we could be the Oilers and have to suffer through Dubnyk and now Bryzgalov for God-knows how long.

Lots of cheap stuff the refs lost control of this game. It happens, can't call everything when they're slashing every shift. The diving was probably out of frustration for getting hacked and held all night and not getting calls.

Seems like zetterberg is allowed to be held and hooked because he's so good at protecting the puck with his body. Feel bad for the guy it looks like he takes a beating every shift