• Please log in to reply
572 replies to this topic

#561 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

For the Sens to play the way they did all game, and then come out after the game and talk to the media and accuse the Wings of diving to a man, is af****** joke. Dives? Franzen, yepp, he's a coward anyway. But now we know that Datsyuk was concussed on Cowens elbow, so if I were a Red Wing I'd be prettyf****** pissed off to here that s***. If they don't come out and play motivated the next game against Ottawa I'll be pretty disapppointed.

#NOMOREKINDL

#562 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

This was an embarrassing game, no matter how one is looking at it the only bright spot  Smith showing huge balls against Neil.

- diving: seriously stop this crap this isn't soccer nor basketball show some class

- pushed around: the best player on this team BY FAR is getting ellbowed and no one willing to stand up for him? WTF

- losing against a joke of an expansion team, which can't even fill their own building without TorontoMapleLeafs fans *LOL*

- PP sucked as always since St. Nick retired...

Enough with the soft euro style, create a fourth line from hell like the TorontoMapleLeafs have done, after getting pushed around now they are one - if not - the toughest team in the NHL, that's how to build a fourth line Kenny.

I like what Bertuzzi brings, but seriously other enforcers are not afraid to fight him...guys like Scott, McGrattan, McIntyre, McLaren, Orr or Bordelau are striking FEAR into the opponent. Heck call Russia and ask for Trevor Gillies I will be incredible pissed off, if they view the next meeting against Ottawa as a normal game, it's a statement game so they better make one.

While Howard isn't to blame for the situation, he isn't helping either so what about giving the monster some games? He has played pretty well and even outplayed an elite goaltender in Tuka Raask some weeks ago.

Edited by frankgrimes, 24 November 2013 - 10:27 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#563 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

This was an embarrassing game, no matter how one is looking at it the only bright spot  Smith showing huge balls against Neil.

- diving: seriously stop this crap this isn't soccer nor basketball show some class

- pushed around: the best player on this team BY FAR is getting ellbowed and no one willing to stand up for him? WTF

- losing against a joke of an expansion team, which can't even fill their own building without TorontoMapleLeafs fans *LOL*

- PP sucked as always since St. Nick retired...

Enough with the soft euro style, create a fourth line from hell like the TorontoMapleLeafs have done, after getting pushed around now they are one - if not - the toughest team in the NHL, that's how to build a fourth line Kenny.

I like what Bertuzzi brings, but seriously other enforcers are not afraid to fight him...guys like Scott, McGrattan, McIntyre, McLaren, Orr or Bordelau are striking FEAR into the opponent. Heck call Russia and ask for Trevor Gillies I will be incredible pissed off, if they view the next meeting against Ottawa as a normal game, it's a statement game so they better make one.

While Howard isn't to blame for the situation, he isn't helping either so what about giving the monster some games? He has played pretty well and even outplayed an elite goaltender in Tuka Raask some weeks ago.

I couldn't agree more with this. The Wings got pushed around and quit playing the game. Neil ran around all night intimidating the wings then pursued one of our young D into a fight he didn't want to be in. Z was roughed up and Pavel was beat down all night. Not one of the Red Wings stood up or helped out their teammates. Ericsson, Quincey, Abby where were you? If Abby won't help out and push back in a game like that he can be waived as well. Holland and co have a week to figure out what to do before our next meeting with them. and don't think every team in the league saw how the Wings folded last night as well 

#564 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

We need a big tough D like McQuaid he can only be better than "Q".

McGrattan on the forth line with Tootoo...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#565 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

I couldn't agree more with this. The Wings got pushed around and quit playing the game. Neil ran around all night intimidating the wings then pursued one of our young D into a fight he didn't want to be in. Z was roughed up and Pavel was beat down all night. Not one of the Red Wings stood up or helped out their teammates. Ericsson, Quincey, Abby where were you? If Abby won't help out and push back in a game like that he can be waived as well. Holland and co have a week to figure out what to do before our next meeting with them. and don't think every team in the league saw how the Wings folded last night as well 

But you don't understand, intimidation and rough stuff doesn't work against the Wings.  Just ask LGW.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#566 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Howard is having a year like MAF last year ... maybe all goalies go through this but that's why we have Mrazek and Gustavsson.  Babs don't have the balls to sit Howard ... I'm sure he is using the 'Gotta get him going Mantra'. 

I'm beyond pissed off ... I was pissed off when we lost to Rangers way back month ago.  This is crappy mediocre hockey and Wings organization should not put up with this.  

#567 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Howard is having a year like MAF last year ... maybe all goalies go through this but that's why we have Mrazek and Gustavsson.  Babs don't have the balls to sit Howard ... I'm sure he is using the 'Gotta get him going Mantra'. 

I'm beyond pissed off ... I was pissed off when we lost to Rangers way back month ago.  This is crappy mediocre hockey and Wings organization should not put up with this.  

Even if Kenny would - which I don't believe - I am sure, Mr. I (besto wner in all of sports) doesn't :)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#568 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Might want to look at that again.  Smith has asking Neil to go for quite a while before Neil dropped the gloves.  Kind of a stretch to say he didn't want to fight. 

Also, the idea that teams are going to look at last night's game as a model for how to beat the Wings is laughable.  We've lost like gang busters for about six weeks now and this is the first time that a team really took it to us physically.  Hell, if you wanted a model for how to beat the Wings, wouldn't you use the last Ottawa game, which was barely physical and more of an ass whipping?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#569 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Remember when the Isles physically abused the Pens after the bullying the Pens did previously. 

But you don't understand, intimidation and rough stuff doesn't work against the Wings.  Just ask LGW.

esteef

dude it doesn't.  We had 3 5 on 3's which obviously won us the game.....

Edited by ben_usmc, 24 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#570 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Last night was incredibly frustrating and I know people think the Wings suck.  But they don't.  They're not going to dominate but they're in a lot of these games to the end.  Painfully to the end.  Like the Detroit Lions style of "you think they're going to pull it out but manage to screw it up" kind of games.

The roster and cap situation is a mess but Babcock is a great coach and the season is long.  A few small changes or improvements could get them on the other side of these games.  

#571 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Jimmy Howard is a 6 million Dollar goalie wow a waste of money five more years of this crap

He is ? Just because he's not playing that well and you're being irrational you can't just round his cap number up to whatever makes you feel good.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#572 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

He is ? Just because he's not playing that well and you're being irrational you can't just round his cap number up to whatever makes you feel good.

He needs to round it up to make sound as bad as possible. He forgets that we could be the Oilers and have to suffer through Dubnyk and now Bryzgalov for God-knows how long.

#573 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Lots of cheap stuff the refs lost control of this game. It happens, can't call everything when they're slashing every shift. The diving was probably out of frustration for getting hacked and held all night and not getting calls.

Seems like zetterberg is allowed to be held and hooked because he's so good at protecting the puck with his body. Feel bad for the guy it looks like he takes a beating every shift