• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

So next gen consoles? Who is making the jump

Rate this topic

After reading/seeing the lineup for both consoles, I think it's too early for me. Also, there still seems to be a lot of problems I am not interested in the online stuff so that's another reason for me to wait.

So far the Ps4 seems to be the superior gaming and x1 the better "entertainment" console, since I'm only interested in gaming for sure it will be the PS4 but right now, I'd rather spend the money on a new android phone.

So far the games seem to be incredible cutscene loaden, rushed and not ready at all poor showing from both.

Edited by frankgrimes

I'm likely not getting an Xbox One until next year, summer at the earliest. I am on my 5th Xbox 360 console due to failure rates including RROD and open tray disc errors. I'm not going to buy a next gen console until they have been around for a while, they recognize the issues with them and begin to manufacture a newer wave of more reliable systems.

I don't buy into the whole "this console is more powerful" gimmick because when they develop a game they develop it the same exact way for both consoles, they don't write the code completely different per system, they do one for PC and one for consoles. That's why when 360 and PS3 came out, everyone was saying the "Specs" for the PS3 were so much higher but in reality side by side games developed for both consoles look and play identical. No games will look better or play differently on PS4 compared to Xbox One, it's more about the exclusives.

It is very early to determine right now, expecially considering the life of both consoles will exceed 7 years and who knows what's coming out down the line. For me though, as it sits now, i'm sold on the new Xbox console, because my gamertag and gamerscore will carry over and i've already invested so much work and time into the 360 this generation.

I think it's wise to wait, at least for me anyway. I need some more information.

Now that I think about it, what's the point in buying one of these systems if you already have a PC? Aren't these next-gen systems now using x86 architecture? Seems to me these developers could easily make their games for all 3 now.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

I think it's wise to wait, at least for me anyway. I need some more information.

Now that I think about it, what's the point in buying one of these systems if you already have a PC? Aren't these next-gen systems now using x86 architecture? Seems to me these developers could easily make their games for all 3 now.

There's a few reasons for me. The primary is you buy a console and it's capable of running the games you buy at the highest performance for the next 7+ years. A PC requires graphic card, RAM, and processor upgrades which can cost upwards of $1,000 over that span. I don't disrespect PC gaming, but I don't want to buy a PC and have a game on it chug along 2 years later at a low framerate and less resolution because the system is already outdated.

Also I have a lot of gamer friends, 99% of them are console gamers. If I made the switch to PC I really would only have a small handful of guys to play with opposed to the guys I play with on a daily basis being strict console gamers.

I've been console loyal since the atari, went through a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, 3DO, Sega CD, Gamecube, PS, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, and now Xbox 360. It's what I grew up on and have stuck with along the way. I'm sure others feel the same about PC and have been down the same path throughout their gaming life also. It's just personal preference.

There's a few reasons for me. The primary is you buy a console and it's capable of running the games you buy at the highest performance for the next 7+ years. A PC requires graphic card, RAM, and processor upgrades which can cost upwards of $1,000 over that span. I don't disrespect PC gaming, but I don't want to buy a PC and have a game on it chug along 2 years later at a low framerate and less resolution because the system is already outdated.

Also I have a lot of gamer friends, 99% of them are console gamers. If I made the switch to PC I really would only have a small handful of guys to play with opposed to the guys I play with on a daily basis being strict console gamers.

I've been console loyal since the atari, went through a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, 3DO, Sega CD, Gamecube, PS, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, and now Xbox 360. It's what I grew up on and have stuck with along the way. I'm sure others feel the same about PC and have been down the same path throughout their gaming life also. It's just personal preference.

Wow, my laptop keyboard is going to crap. I had a nice response but somehow the page refreshed.

Well, my tl;dr version is I disagree with your first paragraph, highly agree with your second, and in your third I've owned all those as well and should keep the streak going with a next-gen.

I'll be waiting at least 6 months (or until my white 360 dies). There aren't enough games for either console for me to make a decision right now, but I will probably get an Xbox One sometime during the next two years.

After seeing both in action I fully agree. Right now there isn't even one game I'm interested in, I don't care about the online thing because console for me a purely party consoles, playing Mario Kart with 4 friends in the same room is just tremendous fun (especially drunken *lol*).

Waiting gives me the option to look out for better bundles, or at least consoles with fixed problems, but whenever I make my decision it will clearly be the PS 4.

Haven't heard really any problems with Xbox One yet, talked a friend into making a switch from Play Station to Xbox so he will be getting the Xbox One to raise some hell on Ghost. I more then likely will be getting it in no more then couple months. Couple things holding me back is I am wondering if you just take your Ghost for 360 and just swap it out for the Xbox One at Gamestop (where I got It). If I got to pay couple extra bucks for the game then so be it. My big thing though is that I went out like 4 months ago and bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1. It was only $40 and I never had one before so I wanted to try it out. Can I just plug that into the Xbox One controller and use it still or do I have to go buy a brand new headset.

Haven't heard really any problems with Xbox One yet, talked a friend into making a switch from Play Station to Xbox so he will be getting the Xbox One to raise some hell on Ghost. I more then likely will be getting it in no more then couple months. Couple things holding me back is I am wondering if you just take your Ghost for 360 and just swap it out for the Xbox One at Gamestop (where I got It). If I got to pay couple extra bucks for the game then so be it. My big thing though is that I went out like 4 months ago and bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1. It was only $40 and I never had one before so I wanted to try it out. Can I just plug that into the Xbox One controller and use it still or do I have to go buy a brand new headset.

I don't own one yet but from what I read, you'll need an adapter to use the 3mm(?) jack for headsets because their new controllers have a new socket, which is probably patented. Now whether or not they supply the adapter with the system is something I don't know, but I'm assuming they will (and should).

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Yeah I think Dropkick's post above is correct, hopefully they will sell a separate adapter wire to plug into the Xbox One controller opposed to having to buy a new set of Turtle Beaches. Regardless, they are worth the investment even if you have to buy a new set especially for shooters, having voice chat capability and surround sound online to hear where enemies are approaching from all in one is invaluable. I'm on my second pair in 6 years and not sure if I could do without them now.

I pre-ordered an Xbox One back in June on Amazon and steadily paid it off over the following months and received it on launch day. Love the features of it -- the cable box integration is fantastic (and I wasn't even planning on using the pass-through, but decided to check it out when I was hooking the system up). I only have Battlefield 4 for it so far and I'm going strictly digital with it.... So that's been hampered by Amazon's lack of digital download codes (for sales, mostly) and the fact that the price is the same if I bought it at a B&M.

I'm probably going to pick up AC:BF and Dead Rising 3 soon. I'm usually all over CoD, but haven't been overly impressed with what I've heard about it -- that it's basically CoD 2K14. Will be getting Titanfall on release day, for sure.

I still have such an insane backlog of games to play right now I think i'll hold off until fall at the earliest at this point. Don't laugh, but I have about 35 games that I own on 360 between arcade and retail that I have never even touched and want to finish before even thinking about moving on. Some of them are project games also, not just small quick playthroughs.

The only thing that might draw me in sooner is Titanfall on One.

I still have such an insane backlog of games to play right now I think i'll hold off until fall at the earliest at this point. Don't laugh, but I have about 35 games that I own on 360 between arcade and retail that I have never even touched and want to finish before even thinking about moving on. Some of them are project games also, not just small quick playthroughs.

The only thing that might draw me in sooner is Titanfall on One.

You should see my Steam library... :blushing: I curse you, Steam Summer Sale!

Yeah I just added 8 games this week due to the "Ultimate Summer Sale", including Forza Horizon, Payday 2, Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Halo: Spartan Assault, and a few others. The backlog seems to grow more than it shrinks.

I knew I forgot a game (or two rather). I wanted both Payday and Payday 2 but forgot about them during the sale. Meh, they just would've been sitting there for awhile anyways. The titles I bought this year were Metro Last Light, Wolfenstein (can't remember if it was on sale or not since it's fairly new), Nether and I think I'm forgetting one or two more.

And yes, I'll get around to playing them (hopefully) :P

...and I've pre-ordered it. White PS4 Destiny bundle will be mine.

Ordered it from Amazon, and since I'm a Prime member, it will ship for free, and it's guaranteed to get here on it's release date.