• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

So next gen consoles? Who is making the jump

Rate this topic

...and I've pre-ordered it. White PS4 Destiny bundle will be mine.

Ordered it from Amazon, and since I'm a Prime member, it will ship for free, and it's guaranteed to get here on it's release date.

I was given access to the Destiny beta, and the game is pretty phenomenal even in it's early stages. It reminds me of a blend of Mass Effect and Halo, with MMO elements like Phantasy Star. I'm really excited for it, i've played a lot of online games, but nothing quite like this, and it feels fresh and different compared to other sci-fi shooter/RPGs.

I traded in my old 360 and a ton of games and turned it into a PS4. So I'm on both now:

Xbox Live: Original6Shootr (yes, no 'e' due to 15-character limit)

PS+: Original6Shooter

Feel free to add me! My PS+ friends list is bare. (Only have "The Last of Us: Remastered" so far in the games library for it.)

The One is definitely my primary console and I'll be getting NFL15, Halo: MCC, Destiny, GTAV, etc., etc., when they release...

I traded in my old 360 and a ton of games and turned it into a PS4. So I'm on both now:

Xbox Live: Original6Shootr (yes, no 'e' due to 15-character limit)

PS+: Original6Shooter

Feel free to add me! My PS+ friends list is bare. (Only have "The Last of Us: Remastered" so far in the games library for it.)

The One is definitely my primary console and I'll be getting NFL15, Halo: MCC, Destiny, GTAV, etc., etc., when they release...

I am friends with you on X-box Live, just got to add you on PS.

X-box One is what I am on most. Actually only use my PS4 to play COD with some friends.

Went ahead and preemptively picked up Watch Dogs for the PS4 today too. And I have Shadow of Mordor on Pre-order. 3 games for my PS4 less than a month after I get it.

Went ahead and preemptively picked up Watch Dogs for the PS4 today too. And I have Shadow of Mordor on Pre-order. 3 games for my PS4 less than a month after I get it.

i have destiny coming in at midnight. I am skeptic of how well this game will turn out. Been waiting on watch dogs to drop in price before i purchase it.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

i have destiny coming in at midnight. I am skeptic of how well this game will turn out. Been waiting on watch dogs to drop in price before i purchase it.

Loathe as I am to shop there, I got mine at Wal Mart, though I gamed the system to do it. It's available on their website for $37something, so I bought it on the website and selected the site-to-store shipping. Since my Wal Mart already had it, they just grabbed one from their case, and walked it to customer service.

End result, got a $60 game for $37 and change. Just took about an hour to pick it up after "ordering" it.

So I got my Xbox One finally, bought Titanfall and Destiny for it. My wife misses me.

Titanfall is pretty fun, but i'm pretty much hopelessly addicted to Destiny. In 3 days i'm nearly a level 20 Titan and working toward that 30 so I can start on the new class, I really can't get enough of the game, it's pretty much incredible.

I also downloaded a bunch of free games that they have been offering up over the past few months that I queued up on the Xbox website before I even owned the console so I could go back and download them, I haven't really attempted any of them because of reasons above.

Took me awhile to get into Destiny, but I'm just as hooked.

Sadly, I haven't had as much time to devote to it, so I'm a level 13 Warlock. Incredibly fun game.

I am unsure if I should buy Destiny or not, I've heard some mix reviews on it.

This is my take on it. If you are going into it expecting it to be a true console MMO like World of Warcraft, you will likely be disappointed because the content just isn't there.

If you approach it like a shooter with RPG elements that has co-op play and competitive multiplayer, I feel like it shines in both areas of the game. to get certain gear and equipment, you must participate in online modes like Strike and Cruicible, which is like mini-raids and online deathmatch/objective based gameplay. Each mode gives you unique rewards and access to things that only those modes offer.

There is a lot to do, a long way to progress up to level 30 if you want to dedicate the time, and it really shines cooperatively. I wouldn't be enjoying it if I was attempting to go at it alone, I don't think Strikes or Raids are really possible to finish single player as they are extremely difficult as it is doing them cooperatively, but you at least have the team mates to revive you and continue the battle.

I would say go for it, because I like it a lot personally, and I think a lot of the negative reviews from people come from those who thought it was going to be a lot more and larger than what it turned out to be.

To echo what Mabus said, it's all about perspective. This game will instantly feel like a mash-up of Halo and Call of Duty. If you keep in mind that the core game play is nothing more than that (and that's what you're looking for), then Destiny will not disappoint.

I took part in my first Strike mission last night, and hot damn was it fun. Played with 3 complete strangers, but enjoyed every second of it. Hard fight, but ridiculously fun.

This is my take on it. If you are going into it expecting it to be a true console MMO like World of Warcraft, you will likely be disappointed because the content just isn't there.

If you approach it like a shooter with RPG elements that has co-op play and competitive multiplayer, I feel like it shines in both areas of the game. to get certain gear and equipment, you must participate in online modes like Strike and Cruicible, which is like mini-raids and online deathmatch/objective based gameplay. Each mode gives you unique rewards and access to things that only those modes offer.

There is a lot to do, a long way to progress up to level 30 if you want to dedicate the time, and it really shines cooperatively. I wouldn't be enjoying it if I was attempting to go at it alone, I don't think Strikes or Raids are really possible to finish single player as they are extremely difficult as it is doing them cooperatively, but you at least have the team mates to revive you and continue the battle.

I would say go for it, because I like it a lot personally, and I think a lot of the negative reviews from people come from those who thought it was going to be a lot more and larger than what it turned out to be.

I can do the Weekly Strikes at 28 and Nightfall solo, but the Vault of Glass raid is impossible solo AFAIK. The lowest you *could* do the VoG is with two people, but technically they needed a 3rd person to join mid raid in order to advance them through a certain part that required 3 people to unblock the next area. But even then, those two people that posted their achievement on reddit were very good and coordinated.

My take on the game so far is it started out fun, but I'm now at the point of having nothing left to do due to lack of content. All I do is complete the weekly strikes and nightfall on my characters and then that's it until the next reset.

There were 6 of us that were going to do the raid but we're either playing CSGO or they just haven't been on, so I got that to look forward to still whenever we decide to do it. I guess getting raid gear is the only way to reach light level 30 so I've been saving my ascendant shards for whenever I get those.

I've been progressing slowly, as I only got it recently and I was out of town this past week, I have a level 22 Titan only so I haven't hit that wall of running out of things to do yet. I'd like to max all 3 classes, and I'd like to see them do what they did with Borderlands 2 and introduce new downloadable character classes at a later date if you wanted to start fresh again. Otherwise, it's going to be a lot of grinding and waiting for new DLC and determining if the content is worth the price of the season pass or individual packs alone.

Knowing what's ahead and about what the game has to offer, i'm going to try and take it slow, although I tend to marathon through these types of games and get very addicted fast.

Went over to a friends house last night and played Destiny for a couple hours. Not a bad game, we played Strike and that was a ball. I was god awful but the people we were playing with were just as bad. I'll probably pick it up the same time I get COD: Advance Warfare. I'm really excited for that game!

Well... My PS4 glitched out last night, and is still giving graphics glitches and locking up, even after 2 system restores.

Calling Sony this evening to see what needs to be done. For all intents and purposes, it's RROD'd on me (without the actual Red Ring).

Well... My PS4 glitched out last night, and is still giving graphics glitches and locking up, even after 2 system restores.

Calling Sony this evening to see what needs to be done. For all intents and purposes, it's RROD'd on me (without the actual Red Ring).

Speaking of this, you guys hear of this group called Lizard Squad? Little off-topic but you guys should check this group out.

Confirmed. PS4 must be sent back to Sony for repairs

The good? They will pay for shipping both ways, so the repair will not cost me anything out of pocket.

The bad? It takes 3-5 business days for the shipping box to get here, then 3-5 back, 7-10 business days for the repairs to be complete, then another 3-5 before it gets back to me. So, a month likely before it's back and working again.

The ugly? Sony will not refund me for the month of Playstation Plus service that I have already pre-paid, while my PlayStation is not working. Though, that fight is still ongoing.

Confirmed. PS4 must be sent back to Sony for repairs

The good? They will pay for shipping both ways, so the repair will not cost me anything out of pocket.

The bad? It takes 3-5 business days for the shipping box to get here, then 3-5 back, 7-10 business days for the repairs to be complete, then another 3-5 before it gets back to me. So, a month likely before it's back and working again.

The ugly? Sony will not refund me for the month of Playstation Plus service that I have already pre-paid, while my PlayStation is not working. Though, that fight is still ongoing.

That's too bad, generally Sony consoles have a very low failure rate, but at least they are doing the repairs for free with shipping included.

I went through 5 Xbox 360 consoles due to RROD and Open Tray errors, 2 I got entirely free through warranty but the others had to come out of pocket.

They should prorate your Plus service a bit, or give you five bucks in spending credit considering you aren't able to get online with the console they are fixing for you. I'm not sure how they would handle that, Plus used to be a free service and I don't currently own a PS4.