• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Hurricanes Offering Ruutu and Tlusty to Get a Defenseman

Rate this topic

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/22/report-hurricanes-offering-ruutu-and-tlusty-to-get-a-defenseman/

I don't think there's a chance we even kick the tires on this one; we already have too many forwards and too few defenseman, and what we really need is exactly what Carolina wants here, and that is a solid puck-moving defenseman, preferably an established veteran.

Who do you think might bite on this? This could potentially be one of the bigger second-quarter/pre-deadline deals. Or maybe they just get a so-so defenseman and the whole thing is rather anticlimactic. Or maybe...nothing happens. (Boooo! More trades! More trades!)

What say you?

(P.S. Does this belong in the rumors section?)

Ruutu had his peak in market value like 4 years ago, and Jiri Tulsty can't keep his clothes on.

This ugh GOD every time I see his name my very next thought is "I've seen his erect penis." Please lads don't send pics of your dick to random strange this has been a PSA paid for by the BottleOfSmoke Foundation.

On the other hand, there was a time I would have loved to have Ruutu on this team. Now is not that time.

Wasn't Tlusty a total stud last season? I rarely pay attention to the Hurricanes, but I thought he scored a gob of goals a season ago. Also, I'd trade Cleary and Quincey right now for Ruutu if his term wasn't so long. That guy hits everything.

I guess in a more perfect world we could unload Quincey and two of our worst forwards for Ruutu and Tlusty. Maybe.

Bear in mind, what kip said is a fair point - we do have too many soft forwards, but if we're not going to get significantly harder to play against, maybe we can at least upgrade the softies?

But then, beyond Cleary and Sammy, I'm not sure it'd necessarily be an upgrade at all. So...meh.

I guess in a more perfect world we could unload Quincey and two of our worst forwards for Ruutu and Tlusty. Maybe.

Bear in mind, what kip said is a fair point - we do have too many soft forwards, but if we're not going to get significantly harder to play against, maybe we can at least upgrade the softies?

But then, beyond Cleary and Sammy, I'm not sure it'd necessarily be an upgrade at all. So...meh.

Let's be clear, I never said anything about "soft players". I simply said we don't need more forwards, but better forwards. You've added the part about "softies", which makes it look like I said something I didn't. I don't care how soft the team is if they score goals.

Let's be clear, I never said anything about "soft players". I simply said we don't need more forwards, but better forwards. You've added the part about "softies", which makes it look like I said something I didn't. I don't care how soft the team is if they score goals.

Sorry, the soft comment was re: Bring Back The Bruise Bros. Wasn't really trying to make a judgment about our softness/toughness, just thought it was kind of a funny name ("softies") for the bottom-six forwards who aren't earning their contracts.

Tlusty has potent offensive ability. He could be a dangerous bottom-6 guy for us while being able to play top-6 minutes if necessary. Ruutu is little more than a grinder at this point. I don't see his scoring coming back anytime soon. Having said all that, we don't really have the assets or space (cap or roster) to accommodate these two. Carolina would likely ask for a prospect we aren't willing to move.